Spreadsheet - Resource History For Significant HOI4 Versions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mister Analyst

Lt. General
81 Badges
Jul 27, 2018
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
Everyone,

The attached file is an Excel spreadsheet showing the resource history for significant versions of HOI4. The versions included are listed as follows:
There are a total of 21 tabs in the spreadsheet as follows:
  • Notes and Credits - 1 tab
  • Countries - 10 tabs
  • States - 10 tabs
This is a highly accurate spreadsheet as the majority of the information was generated by @bitmode modified Pyradox script and calculated using Excel formulas. This spreadsheet was inspired by forum member @billcorr .

If anyone finds an error or would like to provide feedback, then please contact me via a post on this forum or via a private message (PM).

Thank you for your attention.

Attachments

• HOI4 resource history ver1.xlsx
    2,5 MB · Views: 0
  • 3Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Sensational work Mister Analyst - this is very helpful for balancing resources :)
Thank you very much for your kind words and feedback.

Quite interesting that the ressources went quite down from 1.4.2. to 1.5.4 with the introduction of ressource gain of Infrastructure.
Base Oil before 2035 which went to base oil 1216 which gets adjusted by starting Infra to 1803. So still 200 Oil, roughly 10% less oil from before.

And this is similar to other ressources, 10% decrease overall with strating Infra, but of course you can now overcome the starting ressources quite easily by upgrading Infra, like USA can generate lots and lots of Oil by upgrading Infrastructure in Texas and California to level 10.

Would you mind posting this on the wiki? :)
I would love to post the spreadsheet to the wiki, but have never tried this before. I could use some assistance.

EDIT: Added a Resource history section to the wiki. This section contains a link to this forum thread.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
The List of states does not contain as much information as the spreadsheet, does not contain country summaries, and does not allow filtering and manipulation of data.

So presumably you'd want to keep the data in spreadsheet form, otherwise I don't see how one might be able to filter and manipulate the data once converted to HTML table(s)?

May I suggest a poor's man way of publishing the data:
- Ask the Wiki chief to create a Google account for the Wiki, so you don't use your personal Google account
- Upload the sheets to Google Sheets
- Make the sheets readonly and publish them on Google Sheets
- Link to the Google Sheets document on the Wiki

Wiki visitors may then review/filter the data online (no locally installed spreadsheet software necessary), and download a copy (many formats supported for export) locally if they wish to tinker with it.

1597355903001.png

It's likely Paradox has a policy that prohibits linking to non-Paradox sites from the Wiki, so this won't fly, but I'm throwing this idea out here just in case.

Reactions:
Reactions:
So presumably you'd want to keep the data in spreadsheet form, otherwise I don't see how one might be able to filter and manipulate the data once converted to HTML table(s)?

May I suggest a poor's man way of publishing the data:
- Ask the Wiki chief to create a Google account for the Wiki, so you don't use your personal Google account
- Upload the sheets to Google Sheets
- Make the sheets readonly and publish them on Google Sheets
- Link to the Google Sheets document on the Wiki

Wiki visitors may then review/filter the data online (no locally installed spreadsheet software necessary), and download a copy (many formats supported for export) locally if they wish to tinker with it.

It's likely Paradox has a policy that prohibits linking to non-Paradox sites from the Wiki, so this won't fly, but I'm throwing this idea out here just in case.
Thanks for trying to help, but I have since linked the original thread to the wiki in 3 places. Forum users can download the Excel spreadsheet and can use free software, such as LibreOffice, to open and view the spreadsheet.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Forum users can download the Excel spreadsheet and can use free software, such as LibreOffice, to open and view the spreadsheet.
The first row in "HOI4v 1.0.0 countries" extends to cell XEP1 for some reason, leading to this warning when opening with LibreOffice:
Screenshot from 2020-08-14 09-52-45.png

The file seems to work fine though after dismissing the warning.

Reactions:
The first row in "HOI4v 1.0.0 countries" extends to cell XEP1 for some reason, leading to this warning when opening with LibreOffice:
View attachment 609188
The file seems to work fine though after dismissing the warning.
Good catch! Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure how to fix that.

Reactions: