• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What a pleasant surprise, I really thank you @Werther (in fact, he sent me a pm to tell me yesterday, but it was a surprise still). And I can only recommend, if some french speakers read this, to check on his AARs. They are marvelous, and his Byzantine chronicles were one of my favorite (and I remember of an History of Brazil which was an absolute read too).

I have been a bit busy the last few months and I had trouble coming in the AARland (that and the constant "re-log" with the precedent forum, that annoyed me). I must admit I had to abandon some fantastic stories (for example, and non exhaustive, by @JabberJock14 or @Bullfilter, trust me I'm really sorry), so it's a great pleasure to be here again and read all your works.
And thank you to everyone above who already give their congrats. You all are pillars of this community so it means a lot.

I'll try to find the time to make a little recommandation list for some recent AARs (there are some who just started and hold lots of promises) before the end of the week.

And, if @Mr Capitalist or @Qorten (or any other mod) agree, I will have to pass the nomination next monday morning (Paris time) as I'm afraid I won't be near the forum on this week-end. Sorry in advance for the probable delay (but I assure you, there will be a new fan of the week monday morning).

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hearty congratulations @The Number 9. Vive le Nombre Neuf (I hope I got that approximately right :D )

Hearty congratulations @The Number 9. Vive le Nombre Neuf (I hope I got that approximately right :D )

Thank you ! We would say "numéro" instead of "nombre" in this case but you were right (both are correct). ;)

As I said last week, I can try to give you some (nearly) new AARs.

Vanguards Of Revolution by @AxolotlKnight focused on the Revolutionnary France in EU4 and her struggle with all her enemies.
Fires of New Olympus by @Doctor Baby A goth tribe who adopted Hellenism and became a tribe near India. Interesting idea.
The Book Of Brothers by @EtzelHoveri An AGOT mod AAR, focused on the Kingsgard, in an interesting post Aegon's Conquest Westeros.
Something To Remember Me By by @hjarg An old king wants to do a last achievement.

And one clearly not new but I only discover it last week French Lions - A Capetian France AAR by @codie currently focused on Philippe Capet, a character rarely succesful in AARland. :)
I could had a lot more, there a lot of wonderful AARs in a lot of sub forums. Thank you for all writers.

And now, it is time to pass this award for the week. As always, several person were worthy of it but I wanted to nominate one of the key member here. Not only he is one of the greatest writer (and I must admit, I don't read his work enough), he always takes the time to react to other AARs, to give advice, ...
if I'm not mistaken, his last nomination was nearly a year ago so he is eligible.

Congrats @DensleyBlair !

• 1Like
Reactions:
Wooh! DB Red!

Ah, congrats @DensleyBlair :)

Thank you ! We would say "numéro" instead of "nombre" in this case but you were right (both are correct). ;)
It sounds positively Spanish or Italian! :eek:;) I guess that shows some of the closer links between the languages.

Some wonderful recommendations there @The Number 9 , in particular Something to Remember Me By is an enjoyable romp through some CK2 weirdness, and an excellent nomination for this weeks winner.

Congratulations @DensleyBlair !

• 1Like
Reactions:
What a nice surprise on a Monday morning. Merci, @The Number 9! Always a pleasure to hang around these boards, and the level of writing being produced at the moment really does make it all that more enjoyable. I do try to comment on as much as I can, though I will freely admit that the new watched threads system has sort of trained me out of making regular trips round the forums to see what's new. What's particularly nice at the moment is the mix of people hanging around; plenty of new faces, and a selection of old friends – which is probably the magic thing about AARland (pah, too schmaltzy), that people do stick around for a heck of a long time, so we must be doing something right.

Over the last eight years I've picked up six of these awards. This is my seventh week in the sun (contrary to what it says in the records in this thread, without wishing to sound too fussy about it; the fifth time isn't listed for some reason.) Apparently this puts me in amongst the top ten fans of all time, which is frankly astonishing to me. As long as I still have access to a laptop, I'll probably still be here, so all of you better keep on churning out quality writing! It's a delicate ecosystem, AARland. I'm glad to be able to do my bit to help it survive – twenty-odd years in.

As usual I'll be back next weekend with some recommendations of stuff I've been reading lately. In the meantime, thanks to everyone for the congratulations – and thanks again @The Number 9 for the nomination. Cheers!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

Ah..... @DensleyBlair
His comments are so good that they really make writing worth writing
From the start his comments have been one of the best and him and others like him are what gave me the power to keep writing with their regular and great comments

Extremely deserved award
Congrats!

Reactions:
Well done @DensleyBlair - always ready with a witty comment and some knowledgeable thoughts.

Wooh! DB Red!

Wahoo! Solidarity forever!

Ah, congrats @DensleyBlair :)
Congratulations @DensleyBlair !
congrats @DensleyBlair!
Many congratulations @DensleyBlair
My congratulations @DensleyBlair !
Congrats @DensleyBlair
Congratulations!

Many thanks to you all. :)

Ah..... @DensleyBlair
His comments are so good that they really make writing worth writing
From the start his comments have been one of the best and him and others like him are what gave me the power to keep writing with their regular and great comments

Extremely deserved award
Congrats!

Thank you, @mad orc. Glad to be of service!

Well done @DensleyBlair - always ready with a witty comment and some knowledgeable thoughts.

You are too kind. :)

Now, in time honoured fashion, for some reading recommendations for you all. Lots of work on here gets regularly (and entirely rightly) highlighted as being worth your time, so I'm going to offer up a few recent projects that have perhaps gone under the radar.

Songs of the Saiiban by @Chilango2 is a joyful little gem that follows avian space dwellers on their travels through the galaxy in poetic form. I think it's won a couple of awards, but it's a very lovely read and comments seem to have dried up a little recently.

Empire of the Bear by @GangsterSynod has the makings of a great project, noteworthy for taking a look at the CK2 mod After the End, which is based within a particular post-apocalyptic canon but pretty easy to get into and very amusing to follow along.

Go West, Young Turk by @mrmagicman2287 is a great romp for CK2 that follows the Pecheneg Empire along their path to domination of the Near East and beyond. Trued and trusted gameplay style, incredibly easy to follow and highly entertaining. Lots of twists and turns already, too.

A Nation of Sadness by @Qwerty7 takes a look at the Republic of China in the excellent Cold War Expansion mod for Vicky 2, which follows in a tradition pretty close to my heart: the Twentieth Century Vicky AAR. Incredibly studiously researched and well written to boot, has buckets of potential.

The Mad Princes of Denmark by @quicksabre is a very very fun project for EUIV that is nearing its end, but it has recently restarted and worth hopping on board. Mildly interactive with monarch personalities decided by commentators. Do check it out.

And it would be remiss of me not to encourage everyone and their dogs to jump on the Read All About It! bandwagon, dutifully steered along by @El Pip. The only reader-written AAR going on the boards at the moment (to my knowledge) and much more fun with more people on for the ride.

Now, last but not least, for the main event. This week's nominee I've encountered regularly around AARland in recent months, always to be seen giving encouragement and feedback. They are also usually to be found in these award threads congratulating laureates, which is always appreciated as a token of support within the community. Time to turn the tables then! :p Please join me in congratulating our new Fan of the Week, @HistoryDude!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well done! Great reads by the way.

• 1Like
Reactions: