• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmmm... well, I hope I didn't blow myself up inadvertently by uninstalling. Oh what the hell, if it doesn't work so be it.

And do you have those up because they all require different versions for MP? Why on earth would you have three copies of everything?
The steam one is the one a mainly play on, i use the paradox one for going back and playing old versions, and the microsoft gamepass one is because i had gamepass and was trying to help figure out what was wrong with the microsoft store version at one point.

And this has Paradox written all over it. Piecemeals DLC never revisited nor properly integrated.
The right thing to do when releasing Invasion was to add 3 poor anomalies to cover the added factions.
It is actually a bit technical to add content in a DLC, that relies on content from another DLC. What if someone doesn't have both DLCs?
Another issue is what do you do if there is something in both DLCs that requires something in the other DLC? You get a circular dependency. AKA, a rift to the Abyss.
The easiest way to fix this is to make an entirely separate DLC that contains merged content that links both DLCs. And then you are likely going to whinge about piecemeal DLCs...

Reactions:
It is actually a bit technical to add content in a DLC, that relies on content from another DLC. What if someone doesn't have both DLCs?
Another issue is what do you do if there is something in both DLCs that requires something in the other DLC? You get a circular dependency. AKA, a rift to the Abyss.
The easiest way to fix this is to make an entirely separate DLC that contains merged content that links both DLCs. And then you are likely going to whinge about piecemeal DLCs...
Yeah but if they had just added 3 (or more) anomalies to Invasions then it would have just been a feature, right? No questions asked. Except maybe: Hey, what's this neat teaser feature? Oooooh, there's lots more of it in the other expansion ... let's buy it!

Besides, there is actually one anomalous site in the invasions campaign (maybe as a teaser feature?)

Reactions:
Yeah but if they had just added 3 (or more) anomalies to Invasions then it would have just been a feature, right? No questions asked. Except maybe: Hey, what's this neat teaser feature? Oooooh, there's lots more of it in the other expansion ... let's buy it!

Besides, there is actually one anomalous site in the invasions campaign (maybe as a teaser feature?)
I believe you are referring to 1 of 2 events in shakarn 1. Neither of these actually use the anomaly site system. Both of them use this:
1596938727990.png

and other quest placers to set up the quest lines and player interactions.

While survey sites use:
1596938820422.png

To define a picklist of anomaly events that the game can place.

That said, they could of created the anomalies and made it so that the invasions dlc required revelations as well as the base game. But then you'd have people crying about having to buy all the dlcs to get access to everything.

*in the event that i missed the one you are referring to, the issue with defining a second rmg definition for the invasions content is that either 1) it has to include all the previous dlc content and overwrite it(which means including heritor/forgotten/reaper content without actually owning those dlcs) or runs concurrent with the heritor one and includes all non-forgotten/heritor/reaper stuff, doubling the anomaly spawns when both are present.

Last edited:

Planetfall currently relies on a system that the Host must own DLC content for others that don't have dlc content to play with the host. That way they can fight shakaran units, etc. But the catch is, you cant' make shakaran hero, etc. Buy ze dlc content and support triumph :p

That way, the problems of old multiplayer games disappear. No more of nonsense of player 2 has base game but no expansions etc.

Planetfall currently relies on a system that the Host must own DLC content for others that don't have dlc content to play with the host. That way they can fight shakaran units, etc. But the catch is, you cant' make shakaran hero, etc. Buy ze dlc content and support triumph :p

That way, the problems of old multiplayer games disappear. No more of nonsense of player 2 has base game but no expansions etc.
I am pretty sure we were discussing the nuiances of why expansion 2 can't(or at least shouldn't) have expansion 1 content and/or vice-versa, not how mp is affected.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I was referring to the voidtech anomalous site at the end of the 1st mission, which, when cleared, ends that mission. Anyway, I did not mean to derail the thread.

As for the new game-mode can we have some speculation first before some of us are going to agree to be non-disclosed?

I am going to go with FPS mode, so we can see things through the eyes of Jack van Gelder for a change. (only joking of course)

I was referring to the voidtech anomalous site at the end of the 1st mission, which, when cleared, ends that mission. Anyway, I did not mean to derail the thread.

As for the new game-mode can we have some speculation first before some of us are going to agree to be non-disclosed?

I am going to go with FPS mode, so we can see things through the eyes of Jack van Gelder for a change. (only joking of course)
Ya, that one a set of "story messages" and was one of the 2 i thought you might have been referring to.

What about a populous like mode where you get to be troll the ai with constant terraforming?

Well. What it can be? Marathon apocaliptic survival mode with constantly devastating landscape while you trying to escape planet? Or hero based roguelike tactical covert operations? Or maybe it's a rebild of 1999 first AoW for premium edition owners via time traveller mode? If that so i'm in with my Xbox.

"a massive new game mode" - that sounds good! I hope you can play it coop with another human against teamed AI's. (and I hope AI on strategic map improves)
Too bad I have holidays until August 23th.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really hope this new mode is some thing like a custom campaign, I was a little disappointed how short the new campaigns were for the DLC's, and when you go back to play the original, none of those new features get added, for me every game I play is against the computer (well Xbox in my case) and would love a mode where you can carry over your hero and equipment, and watch your custom hero grow some more

I can only hope, that this new "massive mode" will be some kind of variant of open campaign (like galactic conquest in "Empire at War"). The game will really benefit from it.
P.S. Also it's nice to see that nothing changed from AOW3 forums - multiplayer community still consists mostly of cancer.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Make the single-player experience more interesting?

How about allowing me to actually play the game without it crashing and corrupting save files on ca. 50% of the missions?

I am on XBox One and have no Internet connection. It would be great, if there will be a collector's edition including all DLCs and a patch released at Christmas 2020 which addresses the above problem.

Reactions:
I'm so sorry I missed it, guys! I don't even know if I was eligible or if my opinion would be of use to you, Triumph. The hardest difficulty I play is Normal. I hope all of you had fun though, Devs and Community!