• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Zaskow you can make a new thread if you really want to, you did not need to rush to this specific thread to air your petty grievances

Reactions:
single what?!
stop killing the game - single player dudes know nothing and will never be good or important, by definition, by rule, by all the tests we have done

if you want a discussion and a way to make the game playable - ask someone like Zaskow who spend YEARS being the reason why there was a multiplayer mode for AoW3. Ask DreadReapr, Mahimka and the few of us - old AoW3 1vs1 and 2vs2 veterans. Go the the only community there ever was - the battlefield multiplayer community. Ask Hiliadan - don't ask the youtube idiots who can't min-max their names. Ask me if you dare.

Umm no offence, but guy you really need to get your head out of your @ss. Most people who have this game have not even tried the multiplayer. TBS is primarily aimed at single player with multiplayer just being an extra option for those who want it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Zaskow you can make a new thread if you really want to
Good thing I know it's pretty pointless. I don't even think devs will see it. It's not old triumph forums.
Most people who have this game have not even tried the multiplayer. TBS is primarily aimed at single player with multiplayer just being an extra option for those who want it.
Honestly, I can't imagine how you can beat poor AI for a long time. It's just so boring. Very soon you find about total AI inability to compete just like guy from this topic - https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rustrating-still-nothing-is-resolved.1407210/
Also game can't propose some type of plot like quest line from Endless Legend/Space. Anomalies were right things to add but they're limited. We even haven't shakarn-, therian- or voidbringer-themed anomalies.:(

Reactions:
Good thing I know it's pretty pointless. I don't even think devs will see it. It's not old triumph forums.

your solution being "invade other unrelated threads in a petty rage" i can't imagine is working out better for you. definitely doing a good job of proving that fostering an mp community brings out only the best in the online community

• 1Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
We even haven't shakarn-, therian- or voidbringer-themed anomalies.:(

And this has Paradox written all over it. Piecemeals DLC never revisited nor properly integrated.
The right thing to do when releasing Invasion was to add 3 poor anomalies to cover the added factions.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
And this has Paradox written all over it. Piecemeals DLC never revisited nor properly integrated.
The right thing to do when releasing Invasion was to add 3 poor anomalies to cover the added factions.
It makes sense that there are no Anomalies for these though. Anomalies are all about the history and past of the Star Union, and none of these three factions have been part of the Star Union. The Therians fled the Star Union regions long ago due to the bad reaction to their DNA splicing and both the Shakarn and Voidbringers are invaders that have no presence within the Star Union.

Reactions:
your solution being "invade other unrelated threads in a petty rage" i can't imagine is working out better for you. definitely doing a good job of proving that fostering an mp community brings out only the best in the online community
Maybe you really should start to read comments of other members? Try to reread my 1st post. It's not that hard. Additional hint: my nick isn't xlnt .
It makes sense that there are no Anomalies for these though. Anomalies are all about the history and past of the Star Union, and none of these three factions have been part of the Star Union. The Therians fled the Star Union regions long ago due to the bad reaction to their DNA splicing and both the Shakarn and Voidbringers are invaders that have no presence within the Star Union.
You're wrong. You said yourself that therians were part of star union at least not for long. About shakarn... Do you read unit descriptions? Shakarn were all over in Star Union as spies.

Honestly, I can't imagine how you can beat poor AI for a long time. It's just so boring. Very soon you find about total AI inability to compete just like guy from this topic - https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rustrating-still-nothing-is-resolved.1407210/
Also game can't propose some type of plot like quest line from Endless Legend/Space. Anomalies were right things to add but they're limited. We even haven't shakarn-, therian- or voidbringer-themed anomalies.:(
Ever seen Alphastar on the Starcraft 2 community? That AI is nerfed enormously, then plays exactly with the same tools as humans (nearly), and regularly wins. It isn't the fact that it is an AI, or that there is something inherently wrong about it. The situation here is the AI needs a push. You can either suggest what that looks like, or as Ninjew said, find the MP community and air your grievances.

It really would be great if when we started a post, you helped with that post and didn't throw down:
Eh... Disappointing.

That really was an epic 'first-in' troll move.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ever seen Alphastar on the Starcraft 2 community? That AI is nerfed enormously, then plays exactly with the same tools as humans (nearly), and regularly wins. It isn't the fact that it is an AI, or that there is something inherently wrong about it.

Are you really comparing SEPARATE AI addon produced by specialized on AIs company (bought by Google btw) and product made by small game company under not so large publisher?

Are you really comparing SEPARATE AI addon produced by specialized on AIs company (bought by Google btw) and product made by small game company under not so large publisher?
Nope. You said that fighting AIs was boring, and seemed to suggest that there was no reason for it. It can be both exciting and rewarding.

That said, you are though really willing to jump to conclusions, be amazingly cynical, and give no credit. I mean you did use the least charitable interpretation possible. Plus all of this in a forum where Triumph is attempting to actually fix a problem. So...

And Ericridge, if you are still watching, I used Triumph, not Paradox. See there. I feel like saying something about dogs and tricks.

• 2Like
Reactions:
One question Triumph Studios....I bought this game on GOG but, you're asking for Steam username. Is this research just limited to steam users?
I'd assume this is because they will be making use of steam's beta branch features and DRM to prevent the exe getting around. Not familiar with GOG, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have those tools?

Nope. You said that fighting AIs was boring, and seemed to suggest that there was no reason for it. It can be both exciting and rewarding.

Not in this game, man. You have already explained and showed why AI is boring in your thread.

That said, you are though really willing to jump to conclusions, be amazingly cynical, and give no credit. I mean you did use the least charitable interpretation possible.

Is that what you saw in 'Eh... Disappointing.'? Be simpler, man. I wasn't happy about new feature, I've voiced it. That's all.

Plus all of this in a forum where Triumph is attempting to actually fix a problem.

Yeah, yeah. I know how it's fixing.

Not in this game, man. You have already explained and showed why AI is boring in your thread.

Is that what you saw in 'Eh... Disappointing.'? Be simpler, man. I wasn't happy about new feature, I've voiced it. That's all.

Yeah, yeah. I know how it's fixing.
*stares calmly at Zaskow*

Look man, I get it. There are a lot of people who weren't hugged enough as a child. I know it hurts. But you don't have to carry that with you your whole life. You need to let that go.

Here, I'll start. We both need a hug.

*opens up arms*

Come on. Bring it in. You don't have to be hugless any more.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I'd assume this is because they will be making use of steam's beta branch features and DRM to prevent the exe getting around. Not familiar with GOG, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have those tools?
When I saw this post, I got concerned. I would really like to be in this beta. But even though it might get someone picked over me, know that you can add a game to Steam that you buy elsewhere.

For instance, I bought my game through Paradox directly. But it so happens you can transfer it to steam pretty easily. For those of you that might not be familiar, note that you can go to Steam, and click "ADD A GAME" in the bottom left hand corner:

Steam01.png

Which you can click on to bring this up:

Steam02.png

Just click that "Activate a Product on Steam" button, and go through the menu until you get here:

Steam03.png

Then go to your Paradox account and hit "Manage" on the games you want activated:

Steam04.png

And it will list a "Steam Key," which you punch into that "Product Activation Code" above. Then boom, you have it up.

I uninstalled the original before I loaded the new version, which I am not sure if you have to do. I bet you do, but... who knows. I didn't take the chance.

Fortunately, if you have it save files on the cloud, it will automatically re-synch your games.

So boom, game off steam is now on. Not sure if this will help you guys or not, but I did it in hopes that would work. It did, game runs fine. Good luck.

When I saw this post, I got concerned. I would really like to be in this beta. But even though it might get someone picked over me, know that you can add a game to Steam that you buy elsewhere.

For instance, I bought my game through Paradox directly. But it so happens you can transfer it to steam pretty easily. For those of you that might not be familiar, note that you can go to Steam, and click "ADD A GAME" in the bottom left hand corner:

View attachment 606845

Which you can click on to bring this up:

View attachment 606846

Just click that "Activate a Product on Steam" button, and go through the menu until you get here:

View attachment 606847

Then go to your Paradox account and hit "Manage" on the games you want activated:

View attachment 606848

And it will list a "Steam Key," which you punch into that "Product Activation Code" above. Then boom, you have it up.

I uninstalled the original before I loaded the new version, which I am not sure if you have to do. I bet you do, but... who knows. I didn't take the chance.

Fortunately, if you have it save files on the cloud, it will automatically re-synch your games.

So boom, game off steam is now on. Not sure if this will help you guys or not, but I did it in hopes that would work. It did, game runs fine. Good luck.
Ya, that shouldnt be an issue. I actually have 3 seperate installs of pf on my system atm(steam, free paradox one from linking accounts, microsoft gamepass). Its just specifically the steam one because they can split off a beta branch that has locked access + drm. I know GOG doesn't do drm(last i checked anyways) and im not sure how well paradox's native launcher supports "closed branches".

474 hours making things explode as vanguard mostly. Time commitment of about a month. I wonder how much time each day I'll need to put into the game for this test. I'll give it a shot. I can't help it if i get declined oh well.

Ya, that shouldnt be an issue. I actually have 3 seperate installs of pf on my system atm(steam, free paradox one from linking accounts, microsoft gamepass). Its just specifically the steam one because they can split off a beta branch that has locked access + drm. I know GOG doesn't do drm(last i checked anyways) and im not sure how well paradox's native launcher supports "closed branches".
Hmmm... well, I hope I didn't blow myself up inadvertently by uninstalling. Oh what the hell, if it doesn't work so be it.

And do you have those up because they all require different versions for MP? Why on earth would you have three copies of everything?