• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Nikolai you are a legend for running this and thanks so much. Excellent presentation and speed of promulgation. A worthy continuation of @loup99 ’s legacy.

As ever, congrats to winners and all nominees - to be mentioned at all is a great honour. Thanks to any who may have voted for my works, especially my humble little EU Rome offering - talk about filling a small niche! I never thought it would run so long and far!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations to all winners and nominees. It's something to be named in those ACA. You all should be proud.

And a "grand bravo" to @Nikolai for running this. The presentation was on point, and you gave us the result in a really short time. Thank you ! :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you to @Nikolai for organising this, and thank you to everyone who voted be it just one or two AARs, or a veritable slate-full - and I suppoes also everyone who voted for me :)

And many congratulations to all the writAARs who were nominated, and to those who won.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks to @Nikolai for resuming the ACAs!

And congratulations to all writAARs nominated and all winners!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations to all the winners and to all the authors who were recognized by the community. And a big thank you to all of those who voted for my own humble contributions.

Thanks also to @Nikolai for spending the time to pull this all together in spectacular fashion.

(small editorial note, as flattering as it is to have my work mistaken for @JabberJock14 's, the link to the People of the Forest AAR in the CK2 section of the table is incorrect.)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations all nominees and winners, and thanks @Nikolai for arranging all this!

• 1Like
Reactions:
(small editorial note, as flattering as it is to have my work mistaken for @JabberJock14 's, the link to the People of the Forest AAR in the CK2 section of the table is incorrect.)
Whoops. Should be fixed now. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations to all the winners, to all who were nominated, and all who voted!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I demand a recount!

Unless I am mistaken the Butterfly Effect got 2 votes not 1. I voted for it (near the start) and Le Jones voted for it (on page 4).

Not exactly going the greatly change the league tables but still...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I demand a recount!

Unless I am mistaken the Butterfly Effect got 2 votes not 1. I voted for it (near the start) and Le Jones voted for it (on page 4).

Oh my, it seems you are right. :eek:

• 1Like
Reactions:
I demand a recount!

This is a sign of true devoted magnificence and it is why I single you out for special thanks.

Thank you @Nikolai for doing 95% of a good job ( ;) ), congratulations to the winners and everyone who did get voted for, the rest of you need to think long and hard about your ballot mistakes in the Other category and do better next time ( :D )

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
This is a sign of true devoted magnificence and it is why I single you out for special thanks.

I am glad the recount took place, otherwise I would have refused to accept the result of the election, put on a red beret and reflective sunglasses and founded the Revolutionary Pippian Legion!

• 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Gentlemen(Sorry I never received the notification yesterday)

First of thanks to all those who gave Jihad on the Savannah their love and interest from pdx forums, Reddit(Pdx plaza subreddit) and folks from other places. 'Vote' is too mechanical a word to use and morever I am sure that there are good folks out their who couldn't vote for me despite loving Jihad for any reason. I love all my readers because as I always say 'A writer is a writer because of readers, otherwise he's just a typist'

Thanks to @Nikolai for arranging all this and congrats to all those who won and got nominated. I would also like to congratulate my fellow Vicky2 writers. A hearty congrats to my fellow Vicky2 writer @DensleyBlair for his award.
I won't lie, there was a thrilling feeling of competitiveness as we both had almost the same amount of votes till the last day. Nevertheless I myself voted for his British AAR which I love very much and enjoy.

Lastly I would also like to say that winning this has been a huge boost to my confidence. After 4 failed AAR's(One of which is dormant and not failed btw), my confidence in continuing my stories was at an all time low. One of my friends told me that he won't read my AAR because he feels that I will abandon my AAR before the 7th or 8th page as I 'always do'. His words didn't feel too wrong to me at the time.

Then my best friend Isadora told me to not give up and try writing an AAR in Africa(Since she knows that I love exotic locations). I picked Sokoto and finally I settled down.

Today my AAR spans 18 delicious pages and 14 in game years. I have atlast overcome my own barrier.

Thankyou to everyone.
:):):):)

Whoops, this turned into a big speech. I didn't intend that originally ;)

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
A hearty congrats to my fellow Vicky2 writer @DensleyBlair for his award.
I won't lie, there was a thrilling feeling of competitiveness as we both had almost the same amount of votes till the last day. Nevertheless I myself voted for his British AAR which I love very much and enjoy.

I have to say, @mad orc, I was convinced you were running away with it the entire time. When the results came in I was amazed that Echoes pushed Jihad to just one vote! You have yourself a very special AAR, my friend. It’s been a pleasure to see it light up the Vicky forums.

On that, it’s incredibly heartening to see such a healthy number of votes for Vicky projects. It does occasionally feel like a slightly moribund part of AARland (whether this is me coming back after a few years and still using 2013-16 as a yardstick, I’m not sure) but in recent months there have been a whole load of really, really good projects starting up. It’s changed how I experience AARland a good deal, and I’m glad to say (a rare moment of unbridled sincerity coming up from DB now) that I’ve made a number of new friends on here, new and old. Cheers to you all.

I should also say, my deepest thanks to all who voted for my work. This is my strongest showing in an ACA for something like seven years, and after everything that’s gone into writing Echoes it does give me a nice warm feeling. To know that there are the best part of a hundred people out there who enjoy AARland enough to vote in an erratically scheduled celebration of niche fan fiction, well that does make me think that the place isn’t in such bad nick after all. That 11 of those people like what I do enough to give me a line on their ballot, that really does put the icing on it.

Thanks to all who make it happen!

• 6Like
Reactions:
I have to say, @mad orc, I was convinced you were running away with it the entire time. When the results came in I was amazed that Echoes pushed Jihad to just one vote! You have yourself a very special AAR, my friend. It’s been a pleasure to see it light up the Vicky forums.

On that, it’s incredibly heartening to see such a healthy number of votes for Vicky projects. It does occasionally feel like a slightly moribund part of AARland (whether this is me coming back after a few years and still using 2013-16 as a yardstick, I’m not sure) but in recent months there have been a whole load of really, really good projects starting up. It’s changed how I experience AARland a good deal, and I’m glad to say (a rare moment of unbridled sincerity coming up from DB now) that I’ve made a number of new friends on here, new and old. Cheers to you all.

I should also say, my deepest thanks to all who voted for my work. This is my strongest showing in an ACA for something like seven years, and after everything that’s gone into writing Echoes it does give me a nice warm feeling. To know that there are the best part of a hundred people out there who enjoy AARland enough to vote in an erratically scheduled celebration of niche fan fiction, well that does make me think that the place isn’t in such bad nick after all. That 11 of those people like what I do enough to give me a line on their ballot, that really does put the icing on it.

Thanks to all who make it happen!

Notice: I have not reported this quoted post by @DensleyBlair to the moderators
I was on mobile and was about to press the 'like' button when my hand slipped and I believe I pressed the report button though I am not sure if it was reported or not

• 1Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
He hath loved one subforum more deeply than the others, forgetting we are all a part of Johan's Kingdom. This heresy should not be forgot!

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Notice: I have not reported this quoted post by @DensleyBlair to the moderators
I was on mobile and was about to press the 'like' button when my hand slipped and I believe I pressed the report button though I am not sure if it was reported or not

No no, I'm sure you just meant to broadcast your agreement far and wide for all to see. So fervently do you agree with what I say that the mods simply must be informed. :p

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Positively gleeful that an AAR that has been rebooted no less than three times and possitvely murdered by paradox's unique saving system has somehow retained and expanded a readership dedicated enough to vote it to second place. It remains my honour to be (I believe this is the fifth time and with three separate ckii aars) to be runner up to Before Plantagent, a terrific AAR that I've sadly not read much of since King Geoffrey I demise.

I am also delighted to see, as others have noted:

On that, it’s incredibly heartening to see such a healthy number of votes for Vicky projects.

that Victoria 2 has exploded in popularity for AARs of great quality and quantity. This only bodes well for the health of the AAR ecosystem.

With the end of several great and long AARs this past year, it may well be that Vicky2 becomes the new stomping ground for the 'epic project' as HOI2 finally gets put to rest. But who knows what the future has in store?

Congratulations to all nominees and winners, especially @JabberJock14 again, and @Bullfilter for bodying much of the Other category like a certain virus we all know and love.

No no, I'm sure you just meant to broadcast your agreement far and wide for all to see. So fervently do you agree with what I say that the mods simply must be informed. :p

Perhaps its because of the communism?

Yes, yes I think it might be that...;)

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
God damnit TBC spoiler alert, I too am behind on Before Plantagenet, Foulques is still alive (but rather old and has just lost a close friend) so I am of course thrilled to learn about King Geoffrey I. :confused:

Of course I am literally years behind so I suppose I can't complain too strongly...

• 1Like
Reactions: