• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OmegaLol21

Recruit
2 Badges
Aug 4, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
Hi, so I have Surviving Mars on Epic Games but when I try to launch it, a white window opens up for like 2 seconds, then closes.

I followed some troubleshooting things but still could not fix it (I even tried using a different graphics card with a newer DirectX version but still no luck). The log file does not provide any useful information whatsoever. In fact, its only 19 lines which say the processor I'm using, RAM, and OS version and when I launched the executable. Nothing else of value. I did however open up event viewer and found this:

Faulting application name: MarsEpic.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5de4f400
Faulting module name: MarsEpic.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5de4f400
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000001d001e
Faulting process id: 0x2df8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d669ed50985ed7
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\SurvivingMars\MarsEpic.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\SurvivingMars\MarsEpic.exe
Report Id: 46ab1158-1b7d-43e2-9e27-806c989cad1b
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

If someone knows how to fix this issue, then please tell me how to fix it because I am interested in this game. Thank you.

Upvote 0
If you have an AMD video card and are on the latest driver version, you'll need to revert to an older one.

If that's not the case, Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

If you have an AMD video card and are on the latest driver version, you'll need to revert to an older one.

If that's not the case, Please attach here the latest (ONLY!) game log file, from here:
C:\Users\{Username}\AppData\Roaming\Surviving Mars\logs\
To see the AppData folder you'll need to enable View Hidden Items in File Explorer.

Plus, DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

I have attached the log file and the DXDIAG file.

Attachments

• MarsEpic.exe-20200803-18.38.23-5de4f400.log
    376 bytes · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    74,9 KB · Views: 0
That's an old video card and driver! But I see there is no later driver from nVidia. That's a problem because that Geforce GTS 360M card is well below the published minimum requirement for this game, the nVidia Geforce 620 .

Unless you have access to a machine with supported hardware, I suggest you seek a refund from wherever you bought this game.

Sorry about that!

I had the July 2020 drivers, which were the most current at the time. AMD released a Sept version and I am happy to report those work.

No current issues with crashing.