How prevent Commonwealth of man in game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

stavern

Colonel
64 Badges
Sep 4, 2009
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
I always play with humans on Earth. But always found it annoying when Commonwealth was in game too. So i edited and saved Commonwealth and selected that race would not be in game. That always worked earlier but now for some reason they still arrive in game. And yes empire spawn are set to forbidden first thing checked when had a game with Commonwealth. What am I doing wrong?

i believe it is hardcoded into the UNE, best solution is to make a copy of the une but edit one tiny thing so it doesn't count as une and thus will not spawn the COM. note: i last tested this in 2.2 but it should still work.

i believe it is hardcoded into the UNE, best solution is to make a copy of the une but edit one tiny thing so it doesn't count as une and thus will not spawn the COM. note: i last tested this in 2.2 but it should still work.
I think it's the other way around; playing as the Commonwealth always spawns the UNE.

The workaround that comes to mind is make a bunch of custom empires, and have all of them force-spawned, so that there's no room for a random empire at all. It's what I do.

Reactions:

Do this, you don't even need to change anything. You only lose the unique starting event text.

I think it's the other way around; playing as the Commonwealth always spawns the UNE.

Nope, I've verified that this no longer works. This statement was true prior to the latest DLC, but the DLC broke the lost colony for any Human nation (human portrait and the same 3 traits as the premade humans) that starts in Deneb. If you change the traits the lost colony works, and it works for any other race portrait, but is broken specifically for COM.

Let is see if understand this. If you start with Earth humans Deneb will also appear in game since they have the lost colony? If edit Commonwealth and remove lost colony that will prevent them to be in game?

Pretty sure a few of the above comments are wrong. If your take UNE and edit to a custom empire, COM can still spawn. If you take COM to creat your own "lost colony" you can end up with COM and UNE on the map. The only way to prevent this is to create an entirely custom empire and use the human portrait. Quite annoying really - I created an empire that was a "lost colony" of the UNE, but RP specifically so it was the colony ship full of nerd (intellegent trait + physics or engineering + weak or something like slow breeders) - unfortunately this would also edit the species traits of UNE when they spawned :(

• 1Like
Reactions: