• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Qbi Wan

Recruit
12 Badges
Aug 1, 2020
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Stellaris
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
I've just put my 1st post here (this is my 2nd one). It was bug report so I decided to put screenshots. I selected "insert pic", saw "http:/_". Ok, host, put, done. "Post thread"... Choose name... LOL. Ok, who cares, I selected one and... my post is gone. GREAT. Starting new one, going for "insert pic" again... "drop pic here". Who designed this nonsense!

Just copy-paste the screenshots into your post.
Like this:
1596723078196.png

(Screenshot recorded with Windows Snipping Tool (Shift+Windows+S) and inserted with Ctrl+V)

Funny that you think your replay isn't off-topic XD
You wanted to post a screenshot and I showed you how to.
If you want to understand what I was writing about:
1. Log out
2. Start new thread
3. Add picture
4. Submit
5. Follow on-screen instructions to proceed
Why should I log out to post a thread. That doesn't make any sense.

It's like
"I cannot start the car"
"Did you turn the key?"
"No, you don't understand: I cannot start the car while I'm outside and it's locked"

Dude, you're stubborn...
You think people born with Paradox account? I did not had one, but if system let me make new thread without logging in I thought it as convenient option. Unfortunately post was all gone - I had towrite it and add picture all over.

It wouldn't be problem at all BUT:
- when I was not logged in I had to use image hosting service, as only option then was "add url"
- when I choose to submit thread and made account, THEN it showed option to add picture from file

Taking above points:
If when submitting thread I need to log in anyway, then why option to "add file" is not available when I'm logged out first?
If my post will be erased anyway when I log in, then why you let me write one while logged out in the first place?
It's like
"I cannot start the car"
"Did you turn the key?"
"No, you don't understand: I cannot start the car while I'm outside and it's locked"
No, it's totally not like this... totally... so totally not like this

If you would like to use CAR as metaphor, it would be more like:
"You can start car while not being in it, but when you decide to get in and drive, I'll stall the engine and throw your keys away for you to find them"

Dude, you're stubborn...
You think people born with Paradox account? I did not had one, but if system let me make new thread without logging in I thought it as convenient option. Unfortunately post was all gone - I had towrite it and add picture all over.

It wouldn't be problem at all BUT:
- when I was not logged in I had to use image hosting service, as only option then was "add url"
- when I choose to submit thread and made account, THEN it showed option to add picture from file

Taking above points:
If when submitting thread I need to log in anyway, then why option to "add file" is not available when I'm logged out first?
If my post will be erased anyway when I log in, then why you let me write one while logged out in the first place?
I see... the point is: You didn't say that you didn't have an account while trying to make your post. At least not initially. You only said that is was your first post. And with your second post you only implied that but didn't say so explicitely. To me it's just normal that you can't post threads without being logged in since (as I said) anything else doesn't make any sense (imho).
However this is a VERY important information to understand your problem. I wasn't even aware of the fact that you can start threads without being logged in - which you only stated in your third post.

And with all that in mind my metaphor strikes home:
In your first post you only stated that you couldn't insert screenshots (start the car).
So I gave you the (to me) most simple solution: Copy & paste (turn the key)
Only then you implied that you actually weren't logged in (outside the car)

Now that you've given me that piece of information I agree: It is a problem. My proposed solution would be to make it impossible to start threads while not being logged in (unless you want to allow for anonymous post, which is afaik not the intent of PDX).

Last edited:
Reactions:
You wanted to post a screenshot and I showed you how to.
Starting new one, going for "insert pic" again... "drop pic here".
I wanted and I did. Obviously I wasn't asking about it.
You didn't say that you didn't have an account while trying to make your post.
Thread:
"Poor settings for newcomers"
What do you think "newcomer" is?

To me it's just normal that you can't post threads without being logged in [...]
Still they allow it
[...] since (as I said) anything else doesn't make any sense (imho).
I know few sites that either allow anonymous or allow writing post before registering\logging in safely.
I wasn't even aware of the fact that you can start threads without being logged in
That only shows that... you know... that you weren't the person I was adressing this post to. Also I was suggesting you to log out and check on your own. Your answer was:
In your first post you only stated that you couldn't insert screenshots (start the car).
So I gave you the (to me) most simple solution: Copy & paste (turn the key)
Only then you implied that you actually weren't logged in (outside the car)
Hilarious XD
Now that you've given me that piece of information
I may agree that my 1st post was a bit... enigmatic (XD). It was kind of "rage post". But still - problem is real.
My solution proposal would be: Make it impossible to start threads while not being logged in
I couldn't agree more! Finally! XD

Reactions:
I wanted and I did. Obviously I wasn't asking about it.

Thread:
"Poor settings for newcomers"
What do you think "newcomer" is?

Still they allow it

I know few sites that either allow anonymous or allow writing post before registering\logging in safely.

That only shows that... you know... that you weren't the person I was adressing this post to. Also I was suggesting you to log out and check on your own. Your answer was:

Hilarious XD

I may agree that my 1st post was a bit... enigmatic (XD). It was kind of "rage post". But still - problem is real.

I couldn't agree more! Finally! XD

You see, it's all about some proper communication :)

(Nitpick: A newcomer with account is still a newcomer ;) )

• 1Like
Reactions: