Another PDX pls fix the game

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Archael90

Field Marshal
18 Badges
Nov 30, 2017
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Majesty 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
I love Stellaris. Its my mostly played game ever (well, one campain is very long lasting), but i have started playing the game when RP possibilities was almost infinite (i miss that days) and im still a fun.
But pls PDX make some next months just to solve issues, fix bugs, rewark flaws, and fixing AI.
We are gonna pay you even if there would not be new huge DLC, just some species packs maybe.
Please fix this great game
(And pls concentrate some efforts to roleplay aspect of Stellaris, we want more gestalt capabilities not only generic swarm hive)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Can you be a bit more specific what you want fixed? I doubt the devs can do much with "make the game less broken in all areas". Thats probably what they come to work for every day.

• 8Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Can you be a bit more specific what you want fixed? I doubt the devs can do much with "make the game less broken in all areas". Thats probably what they come to work for every day.

No need to be specific. Paradox knows what the problems are. Forum is full with the same requests over and over.

Crisis expansion AI broken and not fixed with 2.6.1

general AI still braindead while a single mod developer made a fully functioning AI on normal difficulty without the need of any cheats - Starnet AI

Automation is a laughable joke, completely unusable rendering mid-lategame a nightmarish chore because micromanaging 100 planets yourself is no fun

pop micromanagement is a chore, the "greater than ourselves" edict is locked behind GC and a resolution but its an essential QOL feature that should be open to anyone

pop growth and pop amount in general needs a rework urgently - the entire game was never designed around managing 30, 50, 70 planets yourself. This means Paradox had to add a x25 Crisis slider which doesn't do anything because the Crisis is broken.

Reactions:
No need to be specific. Paradox knows what the problems are. Forum is full with the same requests over and over.

I generally agree with your list, I just find some of them game breakingly bad (military AI, automation) while others dont affect my gameplay at all even though they are broken (pop growth, pop micro).
So telling them what problem we personally would like prioritized is something they can actually use as feedback.
Telling what they already know seems...redundant.

Reactions:
Telling what they already know seems...redundant.

Exactly. Everyone knows how we kept telling Paradox to fix performance since 2.2. It took them until 2.6 to get the game to a reasonable state performance-wise.

Whether or not the posts about problems with the game are redundant or not, depends entirely on Paradox and whether or not they actually fix the problems or not.

So far Crisis is broken since 2.2.
Automation has been introduced in 2.3 and is practically unusable.
Pop micromanagement has been a chore since 2.2 and was not fixed to the extend that players expected with 2.6.

These posts are going to stay redundant until Paradox does their job right.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
let me see if i remember the history of stellaris correctly. good launch, going strong til 2.2, sudden fustercluck of bad ai, performance, micro, bugs and so much more. then they fixed the performance mostly in 2.6, but they broke the ai again(it was never great but they made it worse) and now the game is in 2.7 and the game is utterly borked. it's not as bad as the 2.2 disaster but it's pretty close. and the whole time this is going on the game is accumulating bugs like they're medals of honor. seriously the Awoken have been borked since synthetic dawn.

the game doesn't exactly have a good track record for issues ever being fixed, i'm not saying that the game's unfixable, but the odds of it being fixed arenm't looking good

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
It took them until 2.6 to get the game to a reasonable state performance-wise.
"Until". It took them 2 patches. 2.4 was the launcher, and 2.5 was lithoids; Just getting a Cosmetic DLC out the door to keep money coming in, and the artists busy. 2.3 made changes, even on that front, so eh...