• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BroAdso

Private
95 Badges
Sep 3, 2015
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
I hadn't picked up Surviving Mars in a while, but locked down here under quarantine I had the time and needed something nice and soothing. All the updates have really improved this game tremendously. The basic gameplay loop used to get boring fairly quickly, but new breakthroughs, terraforming mechanics, sponsors, trading, and tweaked balance issues all made it much more replayable and fun! Has the development team announced formally that they are done working on new content or patches and balances? I poked around their website and Steam presence, and they don't have another project announced or under development that I can see, since someone called "Iceflake Studios," not Haemimont, is doing Surviving the Apocalypse.

Reactions:
they are most likely done, we havent heard anything like half a year now. Shame really the game has a lot of potential. Right now the biggest issue is that there isn't much to do once you cleared the initial dangers and did the mystery. Late game is simply really dificult to lose especially if you have mohole/space elevator built up. There would be so much things that could come into play. The idea of privatisations/political systems, overshooting terraforming parameters (for example if you keep generating heat there should be a point where the buildings are more and more likely to catch fire and eventually you could watch your entire colony melt away while you watching it unfolding in all it's glory). There could be many more things that could be added. If nothing else I hope the modders will do it eventually.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I just started palying it and am really enjoying it - I would hope for more work on it though.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, I agree that they are probably done - I would really appreciate an official word from Haemimont that they're done with everything except the occassional OS compatibility update or serious bug fix. It'd just be good to know with some finality whether to hope for a new patch or expansion, a Surviving Mars 2, or just move on and buy all that damn DLC I've been putting off for Cities: Skylines,

Reactions:
Any word from them would be appreciated.

Reactions:
It looks to me too that game development is finished. Pity TBH, I am sure more things could have been added to the game... I was thinking of a DLC concerning Mars' moons Phobos and Deimos...

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's too bad if the developer quits this gem. I only recently acquired it and like it a lot but it is kind of a niche game and lacks the warmonger zing that many gamers seem to crave. Maybe if you had to fight Martian zombies...

I was hoping for more development too, there is a lot more that could be done with it, like adding endgame events with the choice to cooperate with, eliminate or absorb rival colonies.

[It would be cool if we could somehow port our finished colony/planet into Stellaris so that Mars is already colonized and terraformed at game start. :) There could even be a storyline there.]

• 3Like
Reactions:
These things are decided by sales. If DLC is selling in large numbers then they keep working on the game. I suspect the terraforming DLC didn't sell enough to justify continued development. So they moved on to the next game.

I was hoping for more development too, there is a lot more that could be done with it, like adding endgame events with the choice to cooperate with, eliminate or absorb rival colonies.

[It would be cool if we could somehow port our finished colony/planet into Stellaris so that Mars is already colonized and terraformed at game start. :) There could even be a storyline there.]
Just. Yes.

I hadn't picked up Surviving Mars in a while, but locked down here under quarantine I had the time and needed something nice and soothing. All the updates have really improved this game tremendously. The basic gameplay loop used to get boring fairly quickly, but new breakthroughs, terraforming mechanics, sponsors, trading, and tweaked balance issues all made it much more replayable and fun! Has the development team announced formally that they are done working on new content or patches and balances? I poked around their website and Steam presence, and they don't have another project announced or under development that I can see, since someone called "Iceflake Studios," not Haemimont, is doing Surviving the Apocalypse.

FYI Haemimont signed a deal with Frontier to publish their upcoming games since 2019. So game this is done.

Reactions:
I loved the concept of Surviving Mars and it really got me back into space games generally to the point where I started streaming a few others. It's a shame that they seem to have stopped development. I have a sad hope that the team on Surviving the Aftermath might move over to the Surviving Mars series afterwards but I think it's a pipe dream!

• 2Like
Reactions:
This was posted on /r/survivingmars. The optimistic part of me hopes for DLC, but the realistic part of me thinks it's a Switch port announcement.

Paradox has already announced the Stellaris: Nemesis expansion and the next Europa Universalis IV DLC, so barring any surprises, it’s likely we’ll get a more extensive at both here. The true mystery here is that Surviving Mars announcement – the only thing the press release we’ve received confirms is that “it’s not a sequel”.

Paradox Insider will broadcast on March 13 at 11:00AM PST / 2:00PM EST / 7:00PM GMT via Twitch.

Source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/crusader-kings-3/dlc

• 2Like
Reactions:
EXCITING! EXPANSION PLEASE!!!!!

Reactions:
So... should we get our hopes up and start speculating on possible dlc content?
If it is something worth a big announcement, I would imagine something larger than a typical DLC. Maybe a '2.0' type expansion that is a large overhaul.

This was posted by Surviving the Aftermath...
Paradox’s Surviving games will be at the show sharing updates about the future of Surviving Mars. We’ve seen a lot of speculation about what we can possibly share for Surviving Mars nearly two years after its last expansion and we think you’re going to love what’s coming next.
I think this may be more than a Switch port, but I'm not ready to hop on my hypetrain yet.

Source: https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/684450/view/3056228091521936711

What if Iceflake is taking over Surviving Mars' development?

Last edited: