• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Instead of getting the Mams as a PU, I'd rather see them becoming a regular vassal with lower LD (I bet that a 300 dev Mam would have quite high LD)
With no other changes, they'd likely have 100% LD due to the +50% from being Historic Rivals stacking on top of the development and army size factors :)

With no other changes, they'd likely have 100% LD due to the +50% from being Historic Rivals stacking on top of the development and army size factors :)

That's why I mentioned the lower LD part ;)

I dont want to make the Ottomans more OP, i mean they need to search an equilibrium where the AI at least expands into normal areas without being stucked with Aq Qoyunlu, while limiting their manpower maybe, because as many said even if they have Anatolia and Rumelia their armies are insane. So the solution to this problem shouldnt be to minimize their territories avoiding them to expand, should be other things related to manpower or development.

I remember when they always expanded towards Arabia and Africa and they were invincible and usually the strategy was based on waiting the late game, where they were weaker.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I advocated for adding new tags to Mamluk provinces in order to allow for the partition of Mamluks to be easier; add Egyptian cores to Egypt, add Cyrenaica to Libya, add new tags to Palestine, etc. I believe this really should be done, as nearly every country is partitionable except the Mamluks.

• 2Like
Reactions:
A PU solution is an interesting one. Could give three choices: 1) The default choice, inherit the Levant with the rest in PU 2) Annex it all (AI never takes this choice) or 3) PU that retains full control. 1 and 3 would provide some bonuses for giving up direct control of the land; 2 would already be unstable due to OE.

Inheriting the rest of Egypt should be possible outside of the PU conditions but should come with drawbacks. Maybe make it a qualifier for a different type of disaster unrelated to the janissaries - revolt of the pashas which could break up the empire.
I'd like to see tributaries become available to more nations, that way you could get the full range of states to territories to vassals to tributaries to free states.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I advocated for adding new tags to Mamluk provinces in order to allow for the partition of Mamluks to be easier; add Egyptian cores to Egypt, add Cyrenaica to Libya, add new tags to Palestine, etc. I believe this really should be done, as nearly every country is partitionable except the Mamluks.
Egyptian cores to Egypt is a terrible idea
A) its currently a tech 20 formable like Germany
B) you could take one province then vassal feed, as Egypt surely becomes the primary tag of Egyptian culture then
Syria is enough in the levant, although you could also have a Jerusalem cores from game start
Cyrencia does sound nice tho, especially if Ottos did get this pseudo burgundian inheritance, Cyrencia cores could be used as a check of which provinces Ottos takes.
When making suggestions I'd check current mission trees to see what already exists in the script, funky stuff like Mughals releasing the deccan in exchange for admin efficiency, Orissa merging all of its vassals into one

• 1Like
Reactions:
PU solution makes no sense, not only is it not available to Muslims but Egypt's situation between 1517 and 1521 is not represented by a PU at all since there wasn't a separate government structure in place. You would have to have annexed Levant, a vassal Hejaz and Egypt with very high autonomy and unrest. In EU4 terms, Ottomans fully annexed and cored Egpyt in 1521 and their control only got stronger towards 1580s.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Egyptian cores to Egypt is a terrible idea
A) its currently a tech 20 formable like Germany
B) you could take one province then vassal feed, as Egypt surely becomes the primary tag of Egyptian culture then
Syria is enough in the levant, although you could also have a Jerusalem cores from game start
Cyrencia does sound nice tho, especially if Ottos did get this pseudo burgundian inheritance, Cyrencia cores could be used as a check of which provinces Ottos takes.
When making suggestions I'd check current mission trees to see what already exists in the script, funky stuff like Mughals releasing the deccan in exchange for admin efficiency, Orissa merging all of its vassals into one
Egypt shouldn't be a high tech formable anyways. I'd say any Arab country who owns the core of Egypt should be able to form it, aside of Mamluks which are essentially an Egyptian regime with a twist.

Having Jerusalem cores at start is a bad idea. It's supposed to be a special formable through the Crusader states' mission trees. There needs to be a tag like Gaza (perhaps based on the Pashalik of Gaza) or Tripoli (Tripoli Eyalet) to fill the gaps in the region.

• 2Like
Reactions:
aside of Mamluks which are essentially an Egyptian regime with a twist.
The twist being "the ruling stratum of society isn't Egyptian".

• 1Like
Reactions:
PU solution makes no sense, not only is it not available to Muslims but Egypt's situation between 1517 and 1521 is not represented by a PU at all since there wasn't a separate government structure in place. You would have to have annexed Levant, a vassal Hejaz and Egypt with very high autonomy and unrest. In EU4 terms, Ottomans fully annexed and cored Egpyt in 1521 and their control only got stronger towards 1580s.
We're brainstorming with a PU scaffolding atm, they could make a new subject type *cough* bring back protectorates *cough*
Egypt shouldn't be a high tech formable anyways. I'd say any Arab country who owns the core of Egypt should be able to form it, aside of Mamluks which are essentially an Egyptian regime with a twist.

Having Jerusalem cores at start is a bad idea. It's supposed to be a special formable through the Crusader states' mission trees. There needs to be a tag like Gaza (perhaps based on the Pashalik of Gaza) or Tripoli (Tripoli Eyalet) to fill the gaps in the region.
You already have a Tripoli tag in Tunis, they had to bin Ravensberg in SE Germany for Ravensberg in NW Germany tho.
Egypt should be a high tech formable because Egypt doesn't get early proto nationalism like England or France did. Also can't wait to see the name localisations update so we can have it be called Misri if you want, instead of a Greek name.
Mamlukes is formable by anyone with Cairo and Egyptian primary culture, although I forget if you need to be Muslim to get mameluke gov tho

We're brainstorming with a PU scaffolding atm, they could make a new subject type *cough* bring back protectorates *cough*

You already have a Tripoli tag in Tunis, they had to bin Ravensberg in SE Germany for Ravensberg in NW Germany tho.
Egypt should be a high tech formable because Egypt doesn't get early proto nationalism like England or France did. Also can't wait to see the name localisations update so we can have it be called Misri if you want, instead of a Greek name.
Mamlukes is formable by anyone with Cairo and Egyptian primary culture, although I forget if you need to be Muslim to get mameluke gov tho
Egypt pre-exists nationalism and "proto-nationalism". If Egypt cannot be a formable because nationalism did not exist in it yet, then Arabia should also be locked until admin tech 20, under your definition.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Egypt pre-exists nationalism and "proto-nationalism". If Egypt cannot be a formable because nationalism did not exist in it yet, then Arabia should also be locked until admin tech 20, under your definition.
Deccan and marathas are tech 20 as well but have no cheevos
Germany has a cheevo but tech 20, Italy has a cheevo but tech 10, Arabia has two cheevos one of which requires you to start as a tribal federation so more appropriate for tech 10 than 20

Isn't the formable Egypt supposed to represent XIX and XXth century Egypt instead of the idea of ancient Egypt?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Mamlukes is formable by anyone with Cairo and Egyptian primary culture,

The Mamluks can be re-formed by any Iqta that holds Cairo.

Isn't the formable Egypt supposed to represent XIX and XXth century Egypt instead of the idea of ancient Egypt?

Egypt is most likely supposed by be Muhammad Ali's realm.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can someone boot up the game and check you need the iqta gov reform, as wiki says last updated 1.25 which was pre dharma I thought

Hejaz can reform Mamluks. The decision is called "Adopt Mamluk Government" and requires owning Qahirah (Cairo?) And the Mamluks not existing.

Can someone boot up the game and check you need the iqta gov reform, as wiki says last updated 1.25 which was pre dharma I thought

From the gamefiles, see third line:

Code:
adopt_mamluk_government = {
        major = yes
        potential = {
            has_reform = iqta
            NOT = { has_country_flag = formed_mamluks }
            was_never_end_game_tag_trigger = yes
            NOT = { tag = MAM }
            NOT = { tag = HLR }
            NOT = { tag = PAP }
            NOT = { tag = TUR }
            NOT = { tag = ARB }
            NOT = { tag = EGY }
            OR = {
                ai = no
                NOT = { exists = MAM }
            }
            any_owned_province = {
                OR = {
                    region = egypt_region
                    region = arabia_region
                    region = mashriq_region
                    region = maghreb_region
                    region = horn_of_africa_region
                }
            }
        }
        provinces_to_highlight = {
            province_id = 361 # Cairo
            OR = {
                NOT = { owned_by = ROOT }
                NOT = { is_core = ROOT }
            }
        }
        allow = {
            NOT = { exists = MAM } #To Show why it might disappear
            owns_core_province = 361
        }
        effect = {
            361 = { # Cairo
                move_capital_effect = yes
            }
            change_tag = MAM
            swap_non_generic_missions = yes
            if = {
                limit = { has_regency = no }
                kill_ruler = yes
            }
            if = {
                limit = { has_heir = yes }
                kill_heir = yes
            }
            MAM = {
                if = {
                    limit = {
                        NOT = {
                            government = monarchy
                        }
                    }
                    change_government_to_monarchy = yes
                }
                set_government_rank = 2
                add_government_reform = mamluk_government
                add_country_modifier = {
                    name = "centralization_modifier"
                    duration = 7300
                }
                if = {
                    limit = {
                        has_custom_ideas = no
                    }
                    country_event = { id = ideagroups.1 } #Swap Ideas
                }
                egypt_region = {
                    limit = {
                        NOT = { is_core = MAM }
                        NOT = { is_claim = MAM }
                    }
                    add_permanent_claim = MAM
                }
                set_country_flag = formed_mamluks
            }
        }
        ai_will_do = {
            factor = 1
            modifier = {
                factor = 0
                adm_tech = 20
            }
        }
    }

Reactions:

I wouldn't say they're not partionable. Syria is a huge tag just waiting for the Otto's. Egypt itself isn't, but I don't consider that to be a surprise.

• 1Like
Reactions: