EUIV - Quick Questions / Quick Answers

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I started the protestant war as the leader, Prussia, and won. However, Bohemia, which was on the losing catholic side, and did not convert to protestant, was made the new Emperor. I thought that me, as the leader, was supposed to become the emperor...so how did they instantly become protestant and steal the throne?
Also, my Ruler was male an should be eligible

This is my 3rd game and am not exactly clear on the rules. I would appreciate any help.

I don't think I can I annex the 2 provinces the green arrows are pointing to (Ostyaki & Iglino) because I don't have a direct connection. I think I got the claims via a mission and even if I declared war using Conquer Ostyaki or Conquer Iglino as justification I'd bet I couldn't actually annex them because I have no connection and can't core them.

Just want to verify this as true or false. Am I correct in saying I can't annex them even if I win the war?
Claims.jpg

This is my 3rd game and am not exactly clear on the rules. I would appreciate any help.

I don't think I can I annex the 2 provinces the green arrows are pointing to (Ostyaki & Iglino) because I don't have a direct connection. I think I got the claims via a mission and even if I declared war using Conquer Ostyaki or Conquer Iglino as justification I'd bet I couldn't actually annex them because I have no connection and can't core them.

Just want to verify this as true or false. Am I correct in saying I can't annex them even if I win the war?
You are correct. You can't core it (take it in war). You can fix it by dropping a colony in Tuna to create a land path to your capital.

Reactions:

Just want to verify this as true or false. Am I correct in saying I can't annex them even if I win the war?View attachment 603695

Is Bashgird owned by Nogai? It seems like the right colour and approximately the right area...

If so, it looks like Nogai will be pulled into the war. This means that you can snake through Bashgird, Iglino, Kurgan, Ostyak.

There is a potential complication if Bashgird is not in Europe - you are only allowed to core provinces adjacent to your vassals if they are on the same continent. In this case, you could extend the snake around your vassal - via Ar-Chally, Bashkortostan, Bashgird, etc.

I have a vague recollection that you might only be able to core the province immediately adjacent to your vassal, so coring the whole lot will take twice as long, so you might want to use the second tactic to snake around your vassal anyway. If you want to vassal-feed, you could core the faraway provinces and give the nearby provinces to the vassal after the peace using subject interactions.

Taking unclaimed provinces and/or making separate peace will cost you diplo and AE, so it might not be worthwhile. But I think you can take these provinces in this war without making a colony.

Around which month will 1.31 be released?

I started the protestant war as the leader, Prussia, and won. However, Bohemia, which was on the losing catholic side, and did not convert to protestant, was made the new Emperor. I thought that me, as the leader, was supposed to become the emperor...so how did they instantly become protestant and steal the throne?
Did you actually enforce the Protestant faith in the peace deal? merely taking a pile of land when you win the war leaves the Empire with Religious Peace

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I haven't played EU4 in maybe 1,5 years and was planning to get back to it after the release of the Emperor expansion. But then I read it was buggy as hell so decided to wait for it to be patched. Is it better now and at least playable/fun? I'm not a min maxer, just looking to have a fun experience playing in the HRE without the game mechanics being broken and annoying.

Maybe not the right thread to ask, and if so, I apologize, but any thoughts on this would be appreciated!

I haven't played EU4 in maybe 1,5 years and was planning to get back to it after the release of the Emperor expansion. But then I read it was buggy as hell so decided to wait for it to be patched. Is it better now and at least playable/fun? I'm not a min maxer, just looking to have a fun experience playing in the HRE without the game mechanics being broken and annoying.

Maybe not the right thread to ask, and if so, I apologize, but any thoughts on this would be appreciated!
If you play aggressive the diplo macro for outraged countries doesn't work. AI has some debts issues, but that wasn't a problem for me. The diplo macro it is.

Common misunderstanding - winning the league war does not make you the next emperor. It merely makes you and all other protestants eligible for election (only the protestants if that peace criteria was picked) but all electors nonetheless vote for whichever eligible country they otherwise would.

Is there a mod or setting where I can have the machine warn me before I break a truce?

I'd been playing perhaps a bit too many hours in a row and just hit the button assuming the truce had expired.

I'm looking for something for a pop up like "Are you sure you want to break the truce, you'll lose 5 stability and have to pay 800 Admin to get to stability 3 to avoid a looming disaster."

I'm looking for something for a pop up like "Are you sure you want to break the truce, you'll lose 5 stability and have to pay 800 Admin to get to stability 3 to avoid a looming disaster."
One day you'll click through it anyway ;)

But yeah, that would be neat (more of a generalized "are you sure you want to declare this stabhit war?", of course).

• 2Haha
Reactions:
How do I revoke an estate's 5th privilege?
I know two ways: revoke another privilege first, or you use a mod that shows more than 4 privileges(I think that there is an achievement compatible mod that does that).

So effectively, I can't revoke the privilege for another x years (until loyalty has crept back up above influence)
Maybe that is the case in your situation.
Alternatively you can use this mod