[steam]My game keeps randomly crashing and I am not really sure how to currently fix it.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CaptainLizardman

Recruit
37 Badges
Jul 24, 2020
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Empire of Sin
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
My game will randomly freeze up then crash.

running via steam launcher

Windows 10 operating system

game version is currently 1.302.42154

Only dlc I currently own is the collectors edition bonus content that came with the Humble Choice version.

There doesn't seem to be any specific cause to when it crashes. Happens on the strategic map and in tactical combat without any real trigger. Game will freeze for a moment then shut out and bring up the crash report box.

Yes I verified my files

loaded different saves a couple times and they crash out within a few turns. Happened at battle victory, turn start, mid turn, and while selecting equipment mods.

I have the dump file name handy. It is AOWPF_Crash_2020-07-24-08-05-38_B309CD82.tcd.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hey CaptainLizardman, thanks for reaching out. We've had a few reports with your crash in the past but weren't able to determine the cause of the crashes. For now let's try to lower the GPU stress so that it doesn't crash as often. Try playing in windowed mode, if you have V-sync on put that to Quarter Rate, with some luck that lowers the occurrence rate at get you through the weekend.

same thing just happened to me except for me it crashes on my first turn my dump file is AOWPF_Crash_2020-07-24-18-44-37_949B4030.tcd
Hey CaptainLizardman, thanks for reaching out. We've had a few reports with your crash in the past but weren't able to determine the cause of the crashes. For now let's try to lower the GPU stress so that it doesn't crash as often. Try playing in windowed mode, if you have V-sync on put that to Quarter Rate, with some luck that lowers the occurrence rate at get you through the weekend.