New account, post keep getting blocked for "spam"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Alilolo

Private
6 Badges
Jul 18, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
im trying to post a genuine suggestion for the new dev diary in EU4 forums but for some reason it keeps getting flagged as spam. I cant even use the "contact us" option because i got flagged as spam there aswell! I need help!

screenshot of me getting flagged:

Last edited:
You need to post a little bit.

Yes, it does... not a reason to spam, though... ;)

Same thing happened to me. So this is why.
At least in th epast the limit was x posts, where x is a relatively low, natural number. Though it might be different now. Not gonna name x as I don't know if the staff wants it be publicly known anymore.
In any case keep posting posts in various threads and you'll eventually get past the limit for the various spam filters and can start posting things without running into it.

Btw, as a piece of advice, while you're still under the spam filter then try and avoid posting posts with pics or links, as those tend to be the likeliest to get flagged as spam.
E.g. go find a few AARs and interact with them for a bit.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I'm the exact same. Tried to make a complaint, without any inappropriate content, and, mouth fart noise, it was rejected.
As mentioned above, this is an antispam measure and not something directly at you personally. All users need to get above a certain post count before they can post links. Before that threshold is reached you can still post just fine, except for links.

Thanks for posting this and all the replies, been trying to post myself and gettign blocked. Is this written anywhere official?
It seems like it would deter quite a lot of genuine people if they didn't know?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I couldn't post even without a link because it was long I think. I did create a post about this, but I'm posting here also for visibility (and post count hehe).

I get that it’s an anti spam measure.
(this isn’t me getting my post count up, who told you that?)

Good, it did.

This is very off-putting. There should be some kind of explanation given to new posters rather than just rejecting a post for an obviously incorrecty reason.

I came looking for an answer for this very same question, and here it is. I could somehow post the longer first part of my AAR yesterday, though, but not the next part today. I tried messaging a mod about what was wrong with the post, but the forum blocked that too (presumably because I included the contents of the post). I understand the reasoning for this, but the pop-up could be a bit more informative. I scoured the entire post for any potential problem and re-uploaded my images twice, which could have been avoided with a 'new users need to post X times' message.

Glad I found this! I tried to post an AAR. I was worried something was wrong with my account. Looks like I just need to post more.