• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Millero15

Private
50 Badges
Oct 26, 2015
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
122C797E-2C38-4A13-959D-1F5A292F0605.png

This tread is dedicated to the Crusader Kings II mod called "Crusader Finns". I am Millero15, the head developer of the mod, a young Finnish man who once had a crazy idea.

Discord
Subreddit
Steam Workshop
Moddb

CRUSADER FINNS VERSION 1.0.2

- Changed name of "Amerikaner" culture to the more appropriate "Amerikanisch".

- Added a little bit of flavor to a certain character in the Kingdom of Satakunta

- Fixed there not being any defined tech years, making it too easy to reach maximum tech early.

- Added slave plantations for Österbottning culture.

WHAT IS CRUSADER FINNS?

Crusader Finns is a post-apocalyptic mod primarily inspired by After the End: Fan Fork. It features all of Finland, Estonia, and Latvia, as well as parts of Russia, Sweden, and Norway. If you know about ATE:FF, you should have a clear idea about what this mod will be about. Much of their Q&A also applies to this mod.

DOWNLOADING THE MOD

Below are the main version of the mod and many submods used to make sure that DLC content works properly. They only work if you have the appropriate DLC. You can directly download the mod from these links or use the Steam Workshop link above.

Crusader Finns v. 1.0.2

DEVELOPER DIARIES

The developer diaries of Crusader Finns. Keep in mind that some, especially the older ones, contain quite a bit of outdated information.

DD0 - Getting the map together

DD1 - IT WORKS

DD2 - Current progress, ideas, plans, and a general roadmap for the future

DD3 - The land of the Finns is on the map!

DD4 - The first religions and how they are shaping up, part 1

DD5 - Progress in Russia

DD5.5 - The map has its shape

DD6 - The Southwestern Coast

DD7 - Religions, part 2

DD8 - Technology

DD9 - Cultural units and new, exclusive units

DD10 - The Finnish Lakelands

DD11 - Lapland (Christmas Special)

DD12 - Kings, Khans, and Churches

DD13 - Old World Religions

DD14 - The Second Hyperwar, Great Works, Bloodlines, and more!

DD15 - Arctic Matters, Formable Nations, and Flavor

DD16 - The Land of the Rus

DD17 - Crusades, Epidemics, and Live Action Role Playing

DD18 - The Estonian Subcontinent and Syncretic Religions

DD19 - Latvia

DD20 - Christianity

DD21 - Flavor, Favor, Future plans and Imminent Release!

FAQ: TBD

CREDITS

Developers:

Millero15
Galaxion
Boomer Kaiser

Major Contributors:

Rygabert
Darkstorm
tsf4

Special thanks to the people of the Crusader Finns discord server for greatly helping with the creation of this mod!
Down below are some screenshots:
WorkshopImage3.jpg
WorkshopImage4.jpg
WorkshopImage5.jpg
WorkshopImage6.jpg
WorkshopImage7.png
WorkshopImage8.jpg
WorkshopImage2.jpg

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions:
Great work!
I have some question:
1.Is there any plan to expand the map?such as add Russia inland or Polish–Lithuanian?
2.Is it possible for us to see some Jan Mayen memes?

Great work!
I have some question:
1.Is there any plan to expand the map?such as add Russia inland or Polish–Lithuanian?
2.Is it possible for us to see some Jan Mayen memes?
1. Expanding into Russia is for the most part against the current lore, and I don’t want to make the mod more Russia-centric. As a general rule, I don’t want to move the focus of the mod away from Finland, so no PLC area, sorry.
2. Jan Mayen is referenced. If you are in the Arctic coast, you can explore the Arctic Ocean and find different things.

Reactions:
I must try this out! I like the smaller scope. Hopefully, there are many regional references.

Liberals looks like the most boring religion ever. They might end up being my first playthrough.

Are Leningrad Cowboys a mercenary band?
Leningrad Cowboys as mercenaries sounds like a great idea, too bad that I don't have time to implement it for some time.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I think you should post the Dev Diaries, even the ancient ones, here as well, for us to see. Not all of us like to go to Reddit to read about the mod.

• 2Like
Reactions:
1. Expanding into Russia is for the most part against the current lore, and I don’t want to make the mod more Russia-centric. As a general rule, I don’t want to move the focus of the mod away from Finland, so no PLC area, sorry.
2. Jan Mayen is referenced. If you are in the Arctic coast, you can explore the Arctic Ocean and find different things.

Thank god. I don't enjoy mods that had a regional scope but then decide to expand to include the vanilla map eventually(looking at you voltaire's nightmare)

Reactions:
This is awesome mod. Seriously thinking that I start playing kantele after hearing that starting theme over and over. I can't wait for future updates.

I have couple suggestions and questions about the lore.

1. Is the Evangelical in Pohjanmaa based on SLEY/Evankelinen herätysliike? I think that would be the least plausible revival movement to branch out from mainstream Lutheranism. I would suggest that there should be some sort of "orthodox/confessional lutheran" heresy instead of evangelicals, which would oppose veneration of St. Henrik and relics and oppose female clergy. Also maybe the order of St. Henrik should be changed to for example körtti/herännäis/awakening conventicles.

2. Instead of Ivalo(Avvil), Sami paganism should have the holy site in Inari(Aanar), Ukonkivi.

3.What is the story behind laestadian fingols? :D

4. Is there ideas to make event about pesäpallo(Finnish baseball) or Paavo Nurmi competition? Like in the After the end about baseball. Island arena in Vimpeli would be cool. Or harness racing track in Forssa.

Ck II doesn't have synchretism mechanism like EU IV? It would be cool for Karelianists to choose their syncretic faith between pagan and lutheran roots.

Anyway, awesome mod!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
This is awesome mod. Seriously thinking that I start playing kantele after hearing that starting theme over and over. I can't wait for future updates.

I have couple suggestions and questions about the lore.

1. Is the Evangelical in Pohjanmaa based on SLEY/Evankelinen herätysliike? I think that would be the least plausible revival movement to branch out from mainstream Lutheranism. I would suggest that there should be some sort of "orthodox/confessional lutheran" heresy instead of evangelicals, which would oppose veneration of St. Henrik and relics and oppose female clergy. Also maybe the order of St. Henrik should be changed to for example körtti/herännäis/awakening conventicles.

2. Instead of Ivalo(Avvil), Sami paganism should have the holy site in Inari(Aanar), Ukonkivi.

3.What is the story behind laestadian fingols? :D

4. Is there ideas to make event about pesäpallo(Finnish baseball) or Paavo Nurmi competition? Like in the After the end about baseball. Island arena in Vimpeli would be cool. Or harness racing track in Forssa.

Ck II doesn't have synchretism mechanism like EU IV? It would be cool for Karelianists to choose their syncretic faith between pagan and lutheran roots.

Anyway, awesome mod!
Intersting ideas. Thank you!