• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Damn, you reminded me that Vietnamese history is done only to the end of Ngo dynasty. I have trouble devising a setup for 12 Warlords era. To represent it accurately I would have to give Northern Vietnam bigger province density than any other region in the game, so it will be probably only possible in CK3 if they allow for independent barons.

Thanks for the maps, they confirm that my setup is historical. I've based it on the info contained in Đại Việt sử ký toàn thư (大越史記全書).

Are you Vietnamese by chance? Looking at the Wikipedia I saw it contained quite a lot of info not contained in Classical Chinese sources known to me, probably from unofficial histories and genealogical books. I would love to have some help with finding more info in Vietnamese-language sources on the county level rulers, warlords etc.

EDIT: OK, I guess you guys made it clear what you want. I'll finish Liao, make a sweep through history to correct all errors and pack the release. Korea for 1.1.
Are we still looking at a July release, have any setbacks occurred since this post that may impact release timelines? Just looking for any updates as to the progress of this awesome mod.

Are we still looking at a July release, have any setbacks occurred since this post that may impact release timelines? Just looking for any updates as to the progress of this awesome mod.
:D

I was supposed to make a dev diary on some more character history, but since it seems to not really be that interesting to non-Chinese history buffs like me, I'll just leave this.

Version 1.0 released
Link in the OP updated.

Changelog:
- Complete addition of the rest of China, Manchuria and Vietnam for the year 867-960
- Qay culture split of Khitan
- Expanded number of provinces in the Khitan region.
- Navigable Yangzi and Chinese coast.
- New Khitan reconstructions for attested names (details in tangut.ods)
- Addition of more than 4800 Han, 250 Khitan, 90 Bohai historical characters into the mod since the initial release
- New bloodlines for: Yanzi, Southern Han, Southern Tang, Southern Chen, Min, Southern Wu, Shu Han.
- Addition of historical clans: Yang Xingmi (楊行密) and his dynasty, Qian Liu (錢鏐) and Wuyue Qian clan (吳越錢), Ma Yin (馬殷) and his progeny, Li Bian (李昪) and Southern Tang dynasty, Liu Zhiqian (劉知謙) and Southern Han, 王潮 and Min dynaty, Liu Ye (劉鄴) and Danyang Liu clan (丹陽劉), Shouchun Huangfu clan (壽春皇甫), Yingchuan Chen clan (潁川陳) and Emperors of Chen dynasty, parts of Hedong Pei clan (河東裴), Jingzhao Zhao clan (京兆趙), parts of Fanyang Lu clan (范陽盧), descendants of 段木 clan, parts of Hedong Xue (河東薛), Wugong Su clan (武功蘇), Fuchun Sun clan (富春孫), Bohai Feng clan (渤海封), Descendants of Liu Bei.
- Starting bookmark moved to Iron Century, so players are not greeted with an unifinished part of the timeline

Last edited:
  • 11Like
  • 8Love
Reactions:
SWMH, EMF and the rest ... is it included in the download link or do I have to find it elsewhere and install separately?
You probably are not a HIP player, aren't you? Here you go.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You guys remember when I wanted to make Yangzi into a navigable river to work as a reliable barrier for armies?
So.. it does do that. But I forgot this is not EU4 and you don't need to request military access to travel through the territory of other countries...
So... AI instead is instead making trips around the Yangzi and lake Dongting instead of using ships...

• 3Haha
Reactions:
Ok, another question then ... do I have to use older version of the game and HIP (frosty1) that you wrote on the 1st page or can I use the latest?
Nope, just forgot to update the OP.

Yay thanks for the update. Quick note, I'm not sure if the set_father tag works for Li Bian. He is is still Xu Wen's son in my game.
I thought I fixed that... I'll take a look at it later today, there must be some combination of set_father, set_real_father and effect scope which works.

@vnth Hmm, I checked the files and for me Xu Zhigao appears as a son of Xu Wen until 939.2.14, but after that he is properly a son of Li Rong.

Here's a comparison, 936.7.1 to the left and 938.7.1 to the right:
JKlJbCX.jpg

Could you tell me which version are you playing? The 0.9 might have had this problem.

Something is weird with the Submission CB. I'm not sure if this bug is in base. When I try to enforce demands as the Han Empire, I only get a few paltry countries, and certainly don't vassalize the enemy Emperor.

Attachments

• 898_05_08.ck2
    93,2 MB · Views: 0
Something is weird with the Submission CB. I'm not sure if this bug is in base. When I try to enforce demands as the Han Empire, I only get a few paltry countries, and certainly don't vassalize the enemy Emperor.
It's partly intended. A CB which would allow to take over whole China after conquering just a few provinces is too OP, so I added additional requirements that either the enemy Emperor or capital is captured for total subjugation to occur. The problem is that CB in the other case should vassalize all occupied provinces which doesn't seem to be working properly. I'll try to fix this tomorrow and add more detailed localisation for the CB.
I assume this submod isn't compatible with the new Frosty 3?
It's better to assume it's not. If I fix the above bug tomorrow, then I'll try to do also the compatch.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@vnth Hmm, I checked the files and for me Xu Zhigao appears as a son of Xu Wen until 939.2.14, but after that he is properly a son of Li Rong.

Here's a comparison, 936.7.1 to the left and 938.7.1 to the right:
JKlJbCX.jpg

Could you tell me which version are you playing? The 0.9 might have had this problem.
I checked again and starting with Li Bian himself is fine but things went wonky for his descendants for some reasons.
wJRnDhe.png

Thanks for the new map update. It is looking pretty good.
I had a go with Balhae and noticed that female generated names for the Bohai culture are coming out as Chinese, while male names are Korean.

Last edited: