• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I wonder how the Paradox system of constant development would mesh with complex systems necessary for Victoria III.

They could have 'Scramble for Africa' 'WW1' 'US Civil War' 'East Asian Westernization-China and Japan' etc. It doesn't seem all that hard to plug this with DLCs. I suspect they'll make mistakes and learn from them.

• 3Like
Reactions:
So another I: R with no content from launch.

Not likely. Given how CK3 seems to be done, it might be that I:R's launch was a fluke.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think there's a good chance that we get a Victoria III announcement this year. They'll want something big to cap off PDXCon. CK3 will be freshly released. HOI4, Stellaris, and Imperator are still being actively developed (so we'll probably get expansions announced for some of them, and maybe a first expansion for CK3). EU4 may have had its final expansion in Emperor, but I doubt they'll announce EU5 that quickly (it was over a year between the release of Holy Fury and the announcement of CK3). So unless Paradox doesn't announce a new GSG at all, the only candidates are Victoria III or a whole new IP.

The idea of rebranding has a lot of merit. I'm partial to "Blood & Iron" as a possible title.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I think there's a good chance that we get a Victoria III announcement this year. They'll want something big to cap off PDXCon. CK3 will be freshly released. HOI4, Stellaris, and Imperator are still being actively developed (so we'll probably get expansions announced for some of them, and maybe a first expansion for CK3). EU4 may have had its final expansion in Emperor, but I doubt they'll announce EU5 that quickly (it was over a year between the release of Holy Fury and the announcement of CK3). So unless Paradox doesn't announce a new GSG at all, the only candidates are Victoria III or a whole new IP.

The idea of rebranding has a lot of merit. I'm partial to "Blood & Iron" as a possible title.

The Secrets of Victoria's Blood & Iron?

Reactions:
EU IV Emperor will be the same as Holy Fury for CK II, last dlc. After that they will announce Victoria III. It is under development right now, and will be scheduled for 2021.

Source: Trust me bro.
well,

so if that is true, iff that is true, if and only if that is true,
consider how long it took paradox to develop emperor and ck3, and how much more complex vic2 is than eu and ck,
i can proudly guess we will may or may not even get it in 2025.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Paradox is more likely to launch an EU 5 and HOI V before a Vic3, perhaps a Stellaris 2.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
I wonder how the Paradox system of constant development would mesh with complex systems necessary for Victoria III.
Given that the version of V2 everyone actually plays is a constantly developed mod, I suspect quite well.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I play vanilla. Stop talking for me. :p

Reactions:
EU IV Emperor will be the same as Holy Fury for CK II, last dlc. After that they will announce Victoria III. It is under development right now, and will be scheduled for 2021.

Source: Trust me bro.
I was wrong about the EU Iv, and maybe about the year. But maybe I bet in harness racing today.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I learned about the announcement for Victoria three from a Steam advertisement. I was just thinking about how to get biplanes sprites in game and maybe artillery pieces(I really thought the sprite packs were sort of lame in not including those), but I've been unable to find the appropriate sprites from hearts of iron 3.
Additionally a lot of interesting mods still being released here like VRRP and on moddb there are mods and updates constantly released mong them Victoria Universalis. In view of what modders have done with Victoria 2, even after all this time, it will be interesting indeed to see what the Victoria III release will look like .

• 1Like
Reactions: