• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dmitrius

Colonel
60 Badges
Apr 17, 2016
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
Hi guys, posted this here as I couldn't think where else it would be more relevant.

Who here wants a CRPG style Vampire the Redemption?

In the style of Bauldurs Gate, Divinity or Shadowrun perhaps?

Me for one! :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
Hi guys, posted this here as I couldn't think where else it would be more relevant.

Not sure i'd nessecarily want a Vampire the Redemption Remake.
But i'd most likely give a game like Divinity OS, or Shadowrun Returns a try - i mean another Shadowrun from Harebrained Schemes would be an instant buy for me...

• 2Like
Reactions:
I would love a new WoD vampire game that takes a large amount of inspiration from Redemption, definitely. I had hoped that this game would have done that actually. But I don't much care for that Perspective of Redemption being repeated. That way over the head of your characters kind of Perspective I mean. It's less immersive. I would love it if they made such a game with a 1st and 3rd Person Perspective combined instead. More immersive, better for exploring the details of the environment. The way you direct your characters can then take some inspiration from how you direct your companions in Mass Effect. I would prefer that over the Perspective from the old Redemption, and I definitely would prefer it over the Perspective of Baldur's Gate. Love those games, but the Perspective itself isn't the most immersive, and to me Immersion is of the top 2 most important aspects.

I too preferred Redemption over Bloodlines myself.. The games story was just so excellent and the different times were just amazing. I for one would like another redemption.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Not sure i'd nessecarily want a Vampire the Redemption Remake.
But i'd most likely give a game like Divinity OS, or Shadowrun Returns a try - i mean another Shadowrun from Harebrained Schemes would be an instant buy for me...
To be clear, I'm not looking for a remake. I'd want an original game in that setting using that genre.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Additionally I didn't like the way that redemption was designed from a gui point of view.

What I want would be a party turn based RPG like POE, Bauldurs Gate or Divinity.

Well ... to be honest im not a fan of redemption setting of word (aka rules, or w/e you wish to call it). :-/
But if the question is about making some vampire in dark ages, and live him until today ... then hell yeah! :3

A better question; would it be possible to have a story set anywhere from 500AD to the 20th century using modern core rules and mechanics?
If so, then I think I'd prefer that.

Last edited:
I'ld totally be in for a VtM CRPG. I wish for totally free char creation with Paths of Enlightenment, out of Clan Disciplines, etc.

Wait, Paths are gone in V5 aren't they?

An isometric CRPG set in the Vampire The Masquerade verse would be pretty awesome, but I don't really care about Redemption so I'd prefer if it was an original story.

I liked the setting but since I came across it after playing through my preference is vmtb since this one will be modable perhaps something like tale of two wastelands could be done or in this case vmtb 2 engine for a redemption story there was a vampire dark ages pen and paper that could be used for source material.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Additionally I didn't like the way that redemption was designed from a gui point of view.

What I want would be a party turn based RPG like POE, Bauldurs Gate or Divinity.
A strong yes from me.

While I absolutely adore the story elements of Redemption and like the visuals (game still looks amazing, even after all these years), I never really enjoyed the gameplay, precisely because of the GUI and how the overall control scheme worked (in order to control other characters you had to "jump" between them in 3rd person). Having an isometric perspective would be much better and turn-based is icing on the cake.

A better question; would it be possible to have a story set anywhere from 500AD to the 20th century using modern core rules and mechanics? If so, then I think I'd prefer that.
Indeed. Since we're supposed to be playing as a vampire it'd be interesting to see the vampires' actual immortality in action. My favourite part of the game in Redemption is all that happens in medieval time plus Society of Leopold and the initial shock caused by the clash with reality. After that the modern era wasn't anything special.

That would be pretty awesome, but I also reckon that would be a risk.