• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Some Christian countesses I found:

1170 April 30 Countess Maria of Béarn: a.k.a Mary, Viscount of Béarn. Allowed her husband to rule in her stead, but he was overthrown by the local nobles. Eventually sent her eldest son to succeed the county after two more vicscounts were overthrown in a matter of years at the request of the Bearnese.

1272 Countess Constancia of Marsan: has her sister Mathe in the way of inheriting Béarn from her father.

1290 April 26 Countess Margarida of Bearn: Old with no dynastic offspring. Her sisters are equally as old with no dynastic heirs. Challenge start?

Reactions:
I have a half-entry to this.

936 Hermann, Duke of Swabia starts with a single daughter, Ida, and a 48-year-old wife. So, as long as you make sure you have no other legitimate children, Ida is destined to inherit. Historically, the duchy was handed upon Hermann's death to Otto the Great's son Liudolf, who was also Ida's husband, but in this game, there's far less stopping Ida from holding her birthright herself (or from marrying Liudolf matrilineally).

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
How about a couple of d'Hautevilles?

Albinia (aka Elvira), countess of Taranto and Lecce 1198-1217 (9-28), married from January 1205, husband dies in July, she has a non-dynastic son in November. She's succeeded by her sister Medania, countess of Taranto and Lecce from 1217 and another five(!) counties from 1221 until her death in 1243. Never marries or has children, is succeeded by Albinia's grandson. (A third sister Constance is her heir at least in the beginning, later marries the Doge of Venice.) The three of them have weak claims on the Kingdom of Sicily, so perhaps it's time to reclaim the family legacy?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Oh, and isn't Lucia of Sardinia in 769 supposed to be duchess?

Attachments

• ck2_14.png
    ck2_14.png
    1,9 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Oh, and isn't Lucia of Sardinia in 769 supposed to be duchess?

How big is the probability that a byzantine governor/viceroy was female ?

Honestly asking. I'd guess not high, but that's just a guess.
The name itself might be just a leftover of an initally used made up filler name.

The revolt against muslim invaders happened ten years later.
I personally know of no name data on that period, so i'd assume the name to be likely still filler.

The question on that character being male or female is probably as old as the Charlemagne DLC.
PS: Hmm..seemed terribly long ago, but actually the issue occured with 2.7x patch.

I just looked at some older pre-3.x patch versions and there it's a Lucio Zerkis until patch 2.720 (the 2.7x version i got),
the character id staying the same (145908), but the dynasty changed to the known Lucia Sorrenti. Lucia was male in 2.720 and 2.834
and now, like Lucio before. Potentialy never been female. There might have been a single patch when the character was female.
I don't know. Maybe some history files dev knew something specific which is hard to find on the web...or it's a joke...

Background info:
Could be a bug/oversight.
The dynasty ids are similar 1022320 and 1022322.
The Zerkis dynasty has no character assigned since above mentioned change in patch 2.7x.

anyway, looks like the provided info post was wrong.

Last edited:
Is there are new version for interesting male characters or just characters right now? I only found the wiki one.
Male is essentially the default, so looking for interesting male characters is looking for interesting characters.

But if you're looking for women specifically, having this thread is a great help. Otherwise, yeah, the wiki Interesting Characters page is a great source for everyone in general.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Adding one more: Isabel de Clare, countess of Leix and Osraige between 1185 and 1219. She's thirteen when she inherits, and stays single until August 1189, when she marries William Marshal. She has a weak claim on the duchy of Leinster.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Alix de Thouars, Duchess of Brittany, 1203-1221
Your goal: Survive a regency from hell!
I tried this one and shes married at age 3 even? it says husband, regular marriage. Can any1 else verify?

Lucia Sorrenti, Duchess of Sardinia, 769
Ahistorical character.
Liege: Byzantine Empire. Which hates you.
Marital status: Unmarried
Heirs: kinsmen
Your goal: This is a pretty tough start to survive in. Your liege hates you. That's something you can fix, though...
This one turns out to be a duke, can it be given its own section?

The Queens of Jerusalem
There are several playable queens of Jerusalem, and almost all of them fit at or near the beginning of the list, so they are first. Ironically, none of them actually holds the province of Jerusalem.
Isabella I d’Anjou (1191, 1193-97)
Maria Aleramicci (1205-9)
Isabella II de Brienne (1212-27, a child until 1227)
Alix de Blois (1228-46, should not be queen-regnant)
Your goal for all of them: turn back Jihads, support Crusades, and crush the infidels! Deus Vult!
For some reason these characters all need the rule 'generate families' or its game over from day 1.

I tried this one and shes married at age 3 even? it says husband, regular marriage. Can any1 else verify?

Started 15th september 1203 and no marriage or husband to see.
Gets married in 1213.

Maybe you encountered the old, i thought by now fixed bug, that going forward in the timteline of the custom
start page and back again can cause this type of issues.

This one turns out to be a duke, can it be given its own section?

Should be a duchess. A weird bug reapproching in one of those security patches, so officialy going by the changelog
there is no reason to see why it came back. The character is female in 3.3.0, despite not marked as female in her culture
character file, but here it is male for whatever reason.

For some reason these characters all need the rule 'generate families' or its game over from day 1.

That game rule is on by default....and i don't see why it s allegedly game over from day 1.

Last edited:
trying to find this char, but cant? supppose to be around 1 may 1281

The character exists as such, but not as a leader, as the kingdom of Andhra or Telingana does not exist and many duchies
counties in India have no complete history files, especially late game.
Indian history never got completed after release of the RoI DLC.

One option here is for example to start as her father, the duke of Warangal, maybe shortly after her birth in
1210 and get her to inherit the duchy or so. He is a duke until 1230, count after and dies 1262.

PS: The history file you displayed is from a mod.

Last edited:
God, I miss the custom start date in CK3 so I can still use this list.

I think I might have played as Rudrama at some point? Might have to redownload CKII first to help find her though.

is it possible to update the OP?

Add this note for muslim rulers - Muslims normally cannot marry matrilineally nor suggest matrilineal marriages. With Conclave DLC, matrilineal marriage becomes possible if you reach at least Notable Status of Women and then switch to a non-agnatic form of succession.

I must say this thread is mighty useful, I had quite alot of fun bringing the characters to ahistorical highs.

I choose the 1066 start, moved to 3rd crusade bookmark, moved by year until she appeared and still was regular married at 3. weird. Ver 3.3.0
Current version is 3.3.4
Replicated what you described in 3.3.0 and 3.3.4 and hence had her start in 1st january 1204 and again no marriage or bethrothal.
Maybe you are actively using a mod you forgot about, like the one in the picture above refering to Rudramadevi.

Last edited: