• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Launcelot Kiggell

Recruit
16 Badges
Nov 4, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • March of the Eagles
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Semper Fi
I've recently downloaded the great war mod for hoi3, but it in the right folder with a mod extension (I think), but when I select the mod on the popup, it doesn't run, as in, the game will run, but without the mod. Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

Make sure that the .mod file is actually extending the correct folders (ie, what the mod is supposed to replace).

I think I was the one who told you about the .mod file on Reddit, and now that I'm on my home computer I can show you what that means. I'll edit this post shortly with links.

Here's a link for the .mod file.

If you want more (like how it should actually look in practice) let me know and I'll post screen shots of my modification.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Make sure that the .mod file is actually extending the correct folders (ie, what the mod is supposed to replace).

I think I was the one who told you about the .mod file on Reddit, and now that I'm on my home computer I can show you what that means. I'll edit this post shortly with links.
If you want more (like how it should actually look in practice) let me know and I'll post screen shots of my modification.

Yes, unfortunately, I've gone through the wiki, done everything it says but now the game won't even run, as in I select the mod and click play, but the game won't run. If you wouldn't mind posting the screen shots please, and lol yes that was me on reddit, thanks for your help.