• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
If it doesn't exist yet, go to https://eu4.paradoxwikis.com/Special:Upload
Otherwise go to the existing file and click on "Upload a new version of this file"

All right, thank you for the answer.
This page tells me I haven't permission to upload though. :confused:

If any of you felt like doing it, loading this screenshot of the brand new Breton Mission Tree would be the last touch to the corresponding page I created today. That is, until someone adds the fully completed tree .

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Breton_Missions.png
    Breton_Missions.png
    739,3 KB · Views: 0
All right, thank you for the answer.
This page tells me I haven't permission to upload though. :confused:
Did you try to login? It seems you created the page without being logged in. If you want your edits to count for the contest you should be logged in. To log in, you can click on "log in" in the upper right corner of the page. Then you can login with your paradox account that you also use for the forum.

Did you try to login? It seems you created the page without being logged in. If you want your edits to count for the contest you should be logged in. To log in, you can click on "log in" in the upper right corner of the page. Then you can login with your paradox account that you also use for the forum.
I wasn't logged in when I created the page (a problem with my browser, it seems). But I then used Firefox, logged in but was told I could only upload a file if I was part of the Autoconfirmed users or Administrators groups.

I wasn't logged in when I created the page (a problem with my browser, it seems). But I then used Firefox, logged in but was told I could only upload a file if I was part of the Autoconfirmed users or Administrators groups.
Oh, I didn't know that. I uploaded your image. Can you also add the generic missions from the second column in the page? Just include them like the other generic missions

• 1Like
Reactions:
How is the province id map generated? My MP group is starting a new session soon, with a set of rules that requires the use of the province map. Figured I'd update the wiki after Tuesday if I'm able.
I just realized that I uploaded an image with the wrong borders. I have corrected that now.

Teach me how to fish.

I notice the wiki needs a LOT of updates, and, I got the time to do them; I'm just not sure exactly how. I'd love to add some of the new events, but what's the best way to go about it?

I assume I should open up the event file... but then what. do I just like, copy that straight into the wiki? That don't seem right at all.

If I could get some pointers, I could start pumping out articles like there's no tomorrow!

Teach me how to fish.

I notice the wiki needs a LOT of updates, and, I got the time to do them; I'm just not sure exactly how. I'd love to add some of the new events, but what's the best way to go about it?

I assume I should open up the event file... but then what. do I just like, copy that straight into the wiki? That don't seem right at all.

If I could get some pointers, I could start pumping out articles like there's no tomorrow!
Adding events is a little difficult. Do you have some understanding of the code of the event files?
What you basically do is to look at the event file and translate that into plain english with some wiki syntax. You can see the wiki syntax by clicking on edit for some of the existing events. Maybe somebody can point out event pages that are especially good as templates. The Style guide also gives some information.
There is also a tool called pdxparse that can generate wiki code from the event files. But it doesn't know about all event conditions and effects and the output is often overly verbose and difficult to understand. But it can serve as a basis and then you can rewrite it in a cleaner way. But pdxparse is difficult to run if you don't happen to have a haskell development environment set up. Some pages which have been created by this tool are in the computer generated category. You could start by checking them against the current event code in the files and update them if necessary and then clean up the events to make them easier to read.

Reactions:
HRE2.png

Hey, I would like to help update some of the map images but I don't have permissions to update images on the wiki.
If not someone can plug this in as a new HRE.PNG

Last edited:
Hey, I would like to help update some of the map images but I don't have permissions to update images on the wiki.
If not someone can plug this in as a new HRE.PNG
I'm curious what tool you used to generate that image.
I use a modified version of eu4colored.py to generate some images, but I have nothing to generate striped images

Adding events is a little difficult. Do you have some understanding of the code of the event files?
What you basically do is to look at the event file and translate that into plain english with some wiki syntax. You can see the wiki syntax by clicking on edit for some of the existing events. Maybe somebody can point out event pages that are especially good as templates. The Style guide also gives some information.
There is also a tool called pdxparse that can generate wiki code from the event files. But it doesn't know about all event conditions and effects and the output is often overly verbose and difficult to understand. But it can serve as a basis and then you can rewrite it in a cleaner way. But pdxparse is difficult to run if you don't happen to have a haskell development environment set up. Some pages which have been created by this tool are in the computer generated category. You could start by checking them against the current event code in the files and update them if necessary and then clean up the events to make them easier to read.
oof. I was afraid of that. I do understand the event code - have made a few tiny event mods - but there are still some event commands that are over my head. I'll see what I can do. pdxparse can probably help me with some of what confuses me. I'm also open to simply like, going country to country, opening the country up, and writing a basic *something* on each country page.

The bonus tables are made by a template. I'm currently updating them. A little patience please.
I'm not sure I understand what "template" means, but I patiently await the update.

Edit: I finally managed to get the information on templates that I was looking for. Quick question, Avaliable bonuses are added by admins, right?

Edit 2: Found it. If you need help inputting new stuff, let me know.

Last edited: