[Dev Team] Dev Diaries paused over July

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jamor

PDS Producer
78 Badges
Mar 7, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
Hi all, Jamor here. We're busy putting finishing touches on 1.5 Menander, and we want to release it in the best possible condition with a full team around to give it the necessary post launch support. In order to let my team get a bit of a break before coming back and finishing the thing, we will be pausing dev diaries for now. The team will take summer vacation at various points over July. You can expect a resumption of communication in August, so until then, have fun and stay safe out there.

• 17Like
Reactions:
So Menander will release some time in August then?

Sounds like most of the summer will be far less cultural than I anticipated :)

Also, since I bickered about this on the stellaris forum, I feel obligated to thank you for this precise and visible communication. Now I know that I need to find another lunch habit for the next month. ;)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Does this mean the autumn of war is pushed to the winter? And there won’t be any dev diary today (kinda Beng greedy and wishing for one today haha, but ofc I’m sure everyone understands the reason why :)

Reactions:
why isn't there a sad reaction option? I don't want to put angry smile, but can't be happy either :D

• 4Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
It is fine to know that, I wish you a sweet rest and a great job. But a question, that means that in June (today and the last week) we won't have another dev diary??

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dev diaries are indeed on hold until August. We'll have more cool stuff to tell you about 1.5 Menander at that time as well, so please stand by for that. We want to make sure that what we show you in DDs is new, topical, and interesting. Until then, have a good vacation everybody!

• 13Like
Reactions:
Disappointing, but understandable. Have a great Summer everyone <3

• 11Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Hi all, Jamor here. We're busy putting finishing touches on 1.5 Menander, and we want to release it in the best possible condition with a full team around to give it the necessary post launch support. In order to let my team get a bit of a break before coming back and finishing the thing, we will be pausing dev diaries for now. The team will take summer vacation at various points over July. You can expect a resumption of communication in August, so until then, have fun and stay safe out there.
An autumn of culture :p

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Bring on the downvotes but I'm gonna say it anyway.

6 more weeks with nothing while there are so many people right now who would be fine with beta testing a patch with more bugs over summer is a bad decision, just downright bad. You have a super loyal but small fanbase, most of who really don't mind playing an unpolished product (otherwise we wouldn't have stuck around with it, believe me)

• 19Like
Reactions:
Dev diaries are indeed on hold until August. We'll have more cool stuff to tell you about 1.5 Menander at that time as well, so please stand by for that. We want to make sure that what we show you in DDs is new, topical, and interesting. Until then, have a good vacation everybody!

So there are new features that you didnt mention in the first dev diaries about the 1.5 content then? :)

Could you tell us if this means that autumn of war gets moved to winter of war?

Reactions:
Bring on the downvotes but I'm gonna say it anyway.

6 more weeks with nothing while there are so many people right now who would be fine with beta testing a patch with more bugs over summer is a bad decision, just downright bad. You have a super loyal but small fanbase, most of who really don't mind playing an unpolished product (otherwise we wouldn't have stuck around with it, believe me)

Yes, the betas for 1.2 and others were fantastic and people welcomed them with open arms. Dont know why they cant do that anymore. I didnt mind playing with unfinished product with a few bugs at all. Mods fixed most of them any way

• 3Like
Reactions:
Together with the postponing of the already announced subject interactions it almost seems as if resources have been unexpectedly moved away from development.
Or am I reading too much into it and are the other features just unexpectedly demanding to implement?
Still, a finished product late is ofcourse better than a bad one early. As has been mentioned a beta might be interesting, provided that doesn't cause too much hassle.

Reactions:
  • 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: