• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
hello, it is normal that can`t invade france in our multiplayer game?, germany, hungary, spain and italy in may 40, france has +- 230 powerful divisions, a lot of fighters, and tanks, ...

I checked the file. Simple answer. You are too weak.
With germany u can have more than 500 IC in 1940. You havent build an army that could deal with the french forces. You need more infantry, more tanks; more weapons and divisions at all. TRP is building strategy. Plan your build up and try to optimize it.
In our mp games germany is close to 400~300 manpower left for France so it is no problem to build more divisions ;)

Edit:
I checked one of my old saves. Here are "my numbers" for France with germany:
Save date: June 1940. France is defeated. 609 IC. Manpower - cant tell because of the 1940 manpower event. 125 Infantry divisions, 13 motorized, 5 mechanized, 21 tanks, 12 mountain divisions, 5 HQs. Not my best build up but enough to deal with France without any problems.

Last edited:
I am having trouble getting the latest patch to work properly. I can't seem to understand this exactly "Unzip TRP patch 1.04A into the TRP subfolder and overwrite files when prompted. Check if the folder hierarchy is correct." Sorry if this sounds extremely dumb.

Hello,
It seems like there is a bug with "Silberfuchs" event with Germany. As soon as I launch Barbarossa I am able to propose the operation to Finland against ressources, I have a pop up telling that Finland got the event "operation Silverfox" and then... Nothing. I have an access to finnish territory but I can't attack soviet territory from there. Moreover, the decision "German troops returning home after defeat of Finland" is available, which seems a little bit odd. At the end of September situation is still the same. Finland has a peace treaty with Soviet Union until October so maybe it is the cause why there is no Continuation War.

For Operation Silver Fox:
The Continuation War was a separated war between Finnland and the USSR. So the Finns werent part of the "Axis Armies" that fought on the "Eastern Front".
Basing on the historical background we thought it would be better to keep those two wars separated in TRP too. With the decision you can send the historical army to Finnland and you can gain control over the forces after the event by a second decision but you wont be able to send "more" german forces to the north.
But there is a chance that Finnland will join your axis forces later on.

For the returning home decision; Thx for the report. I will have a look.

• 1Like
Reactions:
For Operation Silver Fox:
The Continuation War was a separated war between Finnland and the USSR. So the Finns werent part of the "Axis Armies" that fought on the "Eastern Front".
Basing on the historical background we thought it would be better to keep those two wars separated in TRP too. With the decision you can send the historical army to Finnland and you can gain control over the forces after the event by a second decision but you wont be able to send "more" german forces to the north.
But there is a chance that Finnland will join your axis forces later on.

For the returning home decision; Thx for the report. I will have a look.

I understand but there is no historical army appearing and no second decision. Just a message saying that Finland got the "silverfox" event and then nothing, I just had a military access to Finland. The troop I sent in Finland came from Norway and weren't able to attack Soviet territory and just sat there.

Please add a save.
I think there is an error.

Do u have conquered Riga and Tallinn? U need some progress at the norther area of the eastern front to allow the Finns to use the divisions you have send (they are finnish divisions by the way).

Please add a save.
I think there is an error.

Do u have conquered Riga and Tallinn? U need some progress at the norther area of the eastern front to allow the Finns to use the divisions you have send (they are finnish divisions by the way).

Here it is.

It is true that I don't have Tallinn.

By the way, do you have some tips for being more effective during the first stages of Barbarossa ? Due to the length of combats, I'm never or almost never able to pockets soviet armies. As you can see in my save, I have a massive army with a lot of Panzerdivisionen, but there 2 times more soviet divisions, it's look like I'm already during fall 1943.

Attachments

• save games.rar
    832,2 KB · Views: 0
Sry for the late response; I have checked your save.
At the end you could optimize your gameplay against the red army.
In contrast to DH TRP has combined arms bonus so try to optimise your tank forces into combined arms troops. The +5% bonus can help to get some more punch.
Furthermore you could try to get the 1941 land doctrine before Operation Barbarossa. IN TRP a lot of combat power will be added by modern doctrines. Modern doctrines and units are always a key element against superior numbers. So try to get more and more modern infantry to support your army. With 1000mp left for Barbarossa there is more potential for more units on the field.
And one last note: You have enough armor. So i think you could deal some damage to the red army but it seems to me that you have sent your armored units into the wrong provinces (you have concentrated large tank units in a marsh province. That is the end for any armored unit in TRP. Look into the terrain modifier. And try not to mix up german units and axis units because the different intelligence tech level and combat stats will reduce the efficiency of the german units. Axis units like the hungarian and romanian units are ideal to eliminate pockets and secure flanks but i wont mix them into your strike forces.

And for Silverfox; You need to push north to trigger the finnish events.

Thank you for your advices !

I have another question : when Italy annex Greece, even if they choose "divide according plan", Germany receives nothing. Although I don't think that receiving Athens will change the face of war, I'm not able however to deploy any fleet in the Mediterranean, and thus to reinforce AfrikaKorps or pick up back my paratroopers in Creta.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you for your advices !

I have another question : when Italy annex Greece, even if they choose "divide according plan", Germany receives nothing. Although I don't think that receiving Athens will change the face of war, I'm not able however to deploy any fleet in the Mediterranean, and thus to reinforce AfrikaKorps or pick up back my paratroopers in Creta.
But this would also enable you to deploy dozens of subs or even battleships or carriers.