EUIV: 1.30.2 Austria is now Live! (checksum c92d) - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The disaster seems to be fixed and ending correctly now. Did a bit of testing, killed Savonarola once through event choices, once shipped him to the open sea as general to have him die "naturally". Sea attrition probably didn't play a role in this, but he died anyway. Disaster ended properly either way. Time for a Florence campaign.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to test it and letting us know.

Did we really have to go from "everybody join the HRE" to "nobody joins the HRE"?”

I really hope the HRE isn’t in the pre 1.30 situation. Yes it was OP in 1.30.1, hope they nerfed it but not TOO much.

So now after this update, no nations wants to join the HRE. Both vassals and other nations being friendly with me as the emperor. How am I now supposed to get the extra IA that I need to form the Holy Roman Empire? Just over night, it became much tougher.

Forming the HRE was never supposed to be easy in the first place. Considering the national ideas of the HRE at the current stage, it is much better that is it now actually much more unlikely that the HRE will be formed.

Reactions:
It's half bugged. If you don't use shift it should work. Just click plus.

This method still only allows you to take up to about half of what you should be getting. You aren't able to take the full amount (25 warscore) worth of cash that you should. I have also had this method not actually give me the same amount that it says it will in the peace deal.

Reactions:
I have a comment/question about the change to the Cossack estate steppe development privilege. I don't see why this change was necessary.

Can someone who saw why this was a problem please give an objective explanation of why it was imbalanced? Playing as Muscovy, for quite a while you have almost entirely woods (+15% dev cost) and forest (+20%), with the exception of a few grasslands (+0%) until you conquer into Lithuania (one route, for example) to get a few farmland provinces (-5% cost), which are all grain (low value good). Having access to some steppe (+20%, but negated down to -10% with the privilege active) with decent goods (iron) to be able to push a little dev into at a discount was really great. Muscovy is already at a disadvantage mana-wise with having to take tech at a penalty and dev-push the first few institutions, so why is this such a problem that it needed to be nerfed. Now the steppe is +5% cost even with the privilege - better than a sharp stick in the eye, but still.

What was it about the -30% steppe dev cost in the privilege caused this to be imbalanced enough to necessitate a change in the first patch?

Reactions:
I have a comment/question about the change to the Cossack estate steppe development privilege. I don't see why this change was necessary.

Can someone who saw why this was a problem please give an objective explanation of why it was imbalanced? Playing as Muscovy, for quite a while you have almost entirely woods (+15% dev cost) and forest (+20%), with the exception of a few grasslands (+0%) until you conquer into Lithuania (one route, for example) to get a few farmland provinces (-5% cost), which are all grain (low value good). Having access to some steppe (+20%, but negated down to -10% with the privilege active) with decent goods (iron) to be able to push a little dev into at a discount was really great. Muscovy is already at a disadvantage mana-wise with having to take tech at a penalty and dev-push the first few institutions, so why is this such a problem that it needed to be nerfed. Now the steppe is +5% cost even with the privilege - better than a sharp stick in the eye, but still.

What was it about the -30% steppe dev cost in the privilege caused this to be imbalanced enough to necessitate a change in the first patch?

Making steppes notably better than farmlands doesn't strike you as being problematic?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Making steppes notably better than farmlands doesn't strike you as being problematic?

By 5%, why should it? Is it "not fair" to some other nation somehow?

edit: this is why I am asking the question, because I don't see the problem.
2nd edit: I'm not trying to say that there isn't a problem, I just don't see what it is, and I want to understand why it's imbalanced.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Then that's valid point. Might be something in Italian part of HRE now. Before hotfix I was unable to take decision "Rein in Italy", even though whole region was part of HRE - owned either by me, my vassals or princes. In the end Pope and Firenze left HRE in 1490. Lack of description for this incident and decision is unfortunate.
if its already been answered i apologize but you have to simultaneously have all Italian states meet the requirements before you can push the button 150 opinion is the threshold just having them join the empire wasn't enough. not sure about now after patch tho.

So now after this update, no nations wants to join the HRE. Both vassals and other nations being friendly with me as the emperor. How am I now supposed to get the extra IA that I need to form the Holy Roman Empire? Just over night, it became much tougher.
Maybe wait for the 1.30.3 :D

Reactions:
Is this the full patch note? Was there any fix for the 'f' search shortcut that always add an f into the search bar?
Have you tried using the new hotkey-assign button in the lower right corner to change it from 'f'?

The disaster seems to be fixed and ending correctly now. Did a bit of testing, killed Savonarola once through event choices, once shipped him to the open sea as general to have him die "naturally". Sea attrition probably didn't play a role in this, but he died anyway. Disaster ended properly either way. Time for a Florence campaign.
Playing on the 1.30.2.0 patch today, and the disaster won't end, and I have converted to a kingdom with a random noble.

Reactions:
Tried a game as Austria before 1.30.2, everyone joined the HRE, from Aragon to Novgorod, and I didnt even have to improve relations and assist it.
Tried a new game after the 1.30.2, nobody joins, not even allied 1 province minors with max relations.
Surely there's a middle ground to aim at here.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Seems like this hotfix is not nearly enough, meaning I can keep EU4 on the shelf for at least another week.

tenor.gif

• 4Like
Reactions:
I am sure you have been working hard on this, and it's certainly an improvement. But as long as the ducats demanded in a peace deal bug is not solved, the game remains unplayable.

• 3Like
Reactions: