EUIV: 1.30.2 Austria is now Live! (checksum c92d) - Not for problem reports

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have waited 1 week because I knew the Emperor /patch Austria would be bugged.

I have preordered the Emperor because it was damn look promising.

I played after 1.30.2 was out... it was fantastic...

until I saw that the action of "taking money" in a peace deal is bugged as hell.
Yeah, that's terrible: what a joke of a hotfix. one of the most used feature of the game is bugged...

See you maybe next week for hotfix #2...

:( :( :( :(

Reactions:
"- Investigate heresy now only available to pope"

Great @Groogy , but now give me my money back if you are going to continue taking away features from the expansion I just bought 1 week ago.

What happened with the appoint Cardinals feature, @Johan ? Yes, that one that was going to be available for the Curia Controller.

I can't stand this anymore.

Reactions:
I get why it shouldn't be easy to add nations to the HRE, but maybe it would make sense to at least be able to force our vassals into it through a vassal action?

Make it work only if you're the emperor, and only if the vassal is friendly and happy? and have it cost IA or whatever to make it balanced? I really rather enjoyed how you could release nations, send your diplomats to make them your friends, vassalize them, and have them join the empire. Would be nice to see a way to make that happen.

Reactions:
Tuesday is hotfix day and dev diary day. So you go with what could be fixed in a very complex game. Expect a few more hotfixes.

The real problem seems to be a lack of competent gametesters and/or a lack of time to test properly, Its quite amazing they did not spot the Popes ability to prevent the reformation, with the game staying in the first age another 100 years or so.

I'm well aware of the expect more hot-fixes, as you can see from my profile I've been playing paradox games a long time. Been through quite a few ups and downs in terms of release quality and sadly, the only time I can remember the average release being worse than now was the complete fiasco of the HoI 3 release with people not even being able to load the game. Yes , there have always been bugs and balancing adjustments that needed addressing but for a while they had gotten better about not leaving blatant bugs in the releases, sadly that appears to have gone by the wayside.

Reactions:
Thats not a bug its a very good, asked about feature.

That's actually perfect. Since the diplomats role are to stop the nations to join the coalition. Thus the diplomat just need to get opinion over 0 so they can't join coalition and then move to the next nation.

i honestly have no idea how you could say that if you've ever played the game

yea, sure, the opinion goes over 0... until you get AE from concluding the war you're currently in

by the time you peace out, and they have negative opinion, its too late

i can't think of a nicer way to phrase it, but i really dont see how anyone whos ever played eu4 in the slightest would wander in here and type what you did

Reactions:
Thank you PDX for fixing quite many problems! However, for me the game becomes playable when AI economy/debt issue is resolved. Until then it feels really bad to play in the world with AI countries crippled with debt and not able to grow economy (though somehow they find money for coastal defense spam). Hope this will be prioritized and fixed soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Appreciate the work you put into this and all, but not gonna lie, not being able to take money in a peace deal is kinda bad...
until I saw that the action of "taking money" in a peace deal is bugged as hell.
Yeah, that's terrible: what a joke of a hotfix. one of the most used feature of the game is bugged...

I did put together a quick way around this issue in order to maximize the possible amount of actual ducats received for a specific peace deal, you might wanna check it out: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...use-of-the-current-bug.1398315/#post-26652183

Reactions:
I did put together a quick way around this issue in order to maximize the possible amount of actual ducats received for a specific peace deal, you might wanna check it out: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...use-of-the-current-bug.1398315/#post-26652183

It's good that there are ways to minimize the effect of this bug, but honestly I just wanna have a nice long game without having to worry how much money I ask for and how much I will receive.... I don't think it is that much to ask from the devs...

Reactions:
It's good that there are ways to minimize the effect of this bug, but honestly I just wanna have a nice long game without having to worry how much money I ask for and how much I will receive.... I don't think it is that much to ask from the devs...
Yep, all I want to do is being able to look for a province without the damn f appearing in the search box :p but I honestly believe devs are doing their best to patch the higher priority stuff (like the unbalanced HRE) and then will cover the other stuff. The patch is unpolished and we should consider that when using it, they'll eventually clean it up :)

How about the never ending Savonarola disaster?
Of course, I understand everything, but not correcting the Savonarola disaster is terrible! Florence is not playable...
Has the florence disaster been fixed? I didn't see anything about it on the patch notes
What about Savonarola evet? Fixed or not?
The disaster seems to be fixed and ending correctly now. Did a bit of testing, killed Savonarola once through event choices, once shipped him to the open sea as general to have him die "naturally". Sea attrition probably didn't play a role in this, but he died anyway. Disaster ended properly either way. Time for a Florence campaign.

Reactions:
i honestly have no idea how you could say that if you've ever played the game

yea, sure, the opinion goes over 0... until you get AE from concluding the war you're currently in

by the time you peace out, and they have negative opinion, its too late

i can't think of a nicer way to phrase it, but i really dont see how anyone whos ever played eu4 in the slightest would wander in here and type what you did

Well I got over 18000 hours in EU4 according to steam and have gotten several of the 1.30 achievements for playing small HRE members like Stiff upper lippe, Don't be Cilli, Spagetti Western. etc. So most of my 100+ hours spent playing 1.30 is as a minor in HRE.

So for me it's been very good.

Using Ryzen 7 2700, RX 5700 XT, and 16gb RAM. Used to average 59.9 fps in 1.29, now I'm averaging 43.0 fps in 1.30 (I always play on speed 3)

Will this be investigated?

Reactions:
Using Ryzen 7 2700, RX 5700 XT, and 16gb RAM. Used to average 59.9 fps in 1.29, now I'm averaging 43.0 fps in 1.30 (I always play on speed 3)

Will this be investigated?

Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 1660 Super, 16 gb ram.

I'm getting between 70 and 130 FPS on speed 3 (depending on the zoom level).
Definitely something strange going on with your specific build...

I have waited 1 week because I knew the Emperor /patch Austria would be bugged.

I have preordered the Emperor because it was damn look promising.

I played after 1.30.2 was out... it was fantastic...

See you maybe next week for hotfix #2...

:( :( :( :(
It's half bugged. If you don't use shift it should work. Just click plus.

Reactions: