• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts on HRE:

1. Shadow Kingdom leaving should have some type of -1000 modifier to rejoin HRE for at least 50 years.
2. Devs need to figure out what type of criteria they want for countries voluntarily joining HRE. Obviously bumping past 100 relations with Emperor or whatever is too low a threshold.
3. Is there any reason for 10 IA gain for a nation joining the HRE? The mere fact of more nations is already a bump to ticking IA. Removing the +10 IA fixes a LOT of the current issues. Not all of them (HRE-Novgorod is still absurd, see #2), but certainly the 1460 revokes will go away.

• 3Like
Reactions:
The bugs in the current patch break the campaign at an early date. Those campaigns aren't worth continuing with a new patch.
In general, you are right. I gave up my Teutonic Order and Naples campaigns because of this. But sometimes, the bug allows for some hilarious workarounds. I recently started a Byzantium campaign with the intent to just expand east- and southwards because of the HRE bug, but then not being able to take out Albania was really a thorn in my side.
They were triple protected by Venice (guarantee), England (Defender of the Catholic Faith) and Austria (as HRE member). So I attacked Venice, which was of course also protected by our precious Defender of the Catholic Faith, called in Austria as an ally and just sat back to watch how Austria, England and Venice were killing each other for years.
After 9 years of war, all participants were so deep in debts and so exhaustend that I could simply truce Venice with a white peace and attack Albania the next day. Nobody defended them anymore ... Very effective and very evil. Austria and England lost their great power status over the war and I succeded them as a great power.
This was one of the funniest experiences I ever had in EU4 and it would never have happenend without the HRE bug.

Last edited:
Looks completely historical to me. Wasn't that the entire strategy of Great Britain IRL?

• 4Like
Reactions:
I was hoping that the AI economy issues might finally be solved because fighting against major powers sitting on level 2 forts in the mid-17th century is no challenge at all. But instead, things got even worse this patch (massive AI debts) which is really disappointing tbh. I love the game and I spent more time on playing than with every other game in the last years, but the current state is really discouraging.

Reactions:
Thoughts on HRE:

1. Shadow Kingdom leaving should have some type of -1000 modifier to rejoin HRE for at least 50 years.
2. Devs need to figure out what type of criteria they want for countries voluntarily joining HRE. Obviously bumping past 100 relations with Emperor or whatever is too low a threshold.
3. Is there any reason for 10 IA gain for a nation joining the HRE? The mere fact of more nations is already a bump to ticking IA. Removing the +10 IA fixes a LOT of the current issues. Not all of them (HRE-Novgorod is still absurd, see #2), but certainly the 1460 revokes will go away.
From a logical perspective it makes sense, people joining the HRE shows the power and authority of the Emperor. And it seems like a better concept than the just adding all your land to instantly enact all reforms that we had before.

If we have a similar ability to get countries to join as in 1.29 it also wouldnt be a big deal.

Right now there is one big issue and one potential issue.

The big issue is that someone seems to have removed the reasons not to join the HRE so they all join as soon as they can, which should be a pretty easy fix.

The potential issue is the “expand the empire” CB, once it is fixed. As in, attack France and make it release a bunch of nations (with the Imperial Ban CB you don’t even need to pay diplo for this) then once your truce with them expire, force them into the Empire. That said, I think it is time consuming and plenty of the nations released will be eaten before truces expire so overall likely far less exploitable than reforms in 1.29. If you are worried about truce breaks being exploitable, then don’t allow the CB when you have a truce. It could also applied to the Shadow Kingdom so I would probably add a “shadow kingdom” modifier that blocks the CB for a period.

I think the IA for nations joining the empire is good with willingness to join the Empire tuned and a bit more protection for the Shadow Kingdom.

Reactions:
Thanks for the news!

Besides the small bugs here and there (most are already mentioned earlier in this thread) I would like voice my concern regarding the removal of the 10 ICA from the hussite religion. Now it doesnt add anything special other than a nice color and you are just better off going protestant.. Thus i am asking and wondering if you could add back the 10% inf combat ability to the religion to make it intresting again (with regards to the hussite wars its quite historically accurate aswell!!) One more thing, the inno quality ica policy nerf is one i have a hard time understanding with reagrds to the rewards from the other policies, eg 5% discipline. Other than the abovementioned concers really nice work and thanks for the great additional content!!
Oh and one last thing;

!!!Make the hussites great again!!! (please)

I was hoping that the AI economy issues might finally be solved because fighting against major powers sitting on level 2 forts in the mid-17th century is no challenge at all. But instead, things got even worse this patch (massive AI debts) which is really disappointing tbh. I love the game and I spent more time on playing than with every other game in the last years, but the current state is really discouraging.
it is intended, because players don t like ai managing it s economy like a human player. i just witnessed austria during peace time keeping it s 2x 4k merc stacks, then building a unit, deleting another, for like 20k manpower :D

Reactions:
I would love a mechanism by which the Hussites can retain their unique flavor and yet still be more active participants of the league war or head it. I think there are some interesting ways to make a trade off,

1. where the pope can declare a crusade on Bohemia until the reformation fires, so it can be more hazardous to survive if you pick Hussite.
2.another idea Make it where if there are x number of Princes and/or electors following Hussite when the league fires perhaps have an option where Bohemia or a Hussite defender of the Faith of sufficient size can choose an option "The teachings of Hus shall shake the Empire yet again!" and allow for Hussite lead evangelical union.
3. Perhaps allow for an event chain when protestant fires where by either diplomacy and or warfare establishing Hussite and Protestant as syncretic faiths for one another and while separate for purposes of their church powers count as the same for leading union, emperor eligibility, maybe even conversion.
4.Or instead of syncretic, make it where by through diplomacy or warfare or if hussite is significantly powerful enough prior to reformation firing that the Hussite's can establish themselves as the reformers and take the place of Protestant.

Yeah that and nations building strategy, russia and been going further and further into debt without trying to fix it - if anything activly increasing it. 8k debt is a little over the top.
I think I have that number beat.

debt.png

• 6Haha
Reactions:
I think I've seen screenshots with bigger numbers than that; the Ottomans were involved.

Definitely had vassals with over 30k debt in 1.17. But the way they managed their economy was legendary.

This update seems to be great, however until it's fixed I don't feel like playing it. There are bugs that have been around for years now (AI clearing out vassal rebels only during war).

Waiting for large patch today full of hope that will make the game very much playable.

Realistically I find it hard to believe that one patch will be enough... most likely game will be good in 1.30.6 or 1.30.7.

Fingers crossed for you Paradox.

Reactions:
I laughed with joy at seeing just how further broken up the HRE is, and nearly exploded with excitement at the new Brandenburg/Prussia/Germany(haven't unlocked yet) trees. Just a few fixes here and there, and I'll jump right back in!

Reactions:
Another thing I noticed, Council of Trent: the AI curia controller choosed a side (the conservative one) and then immediatly passed 3/4 reform on the other side (the tolerant one). I mean....why should you do it? :oops:

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.