• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm currently holding off playing before the hotfix drops, so I hope it comes today.

• 7Like
Reactions:
I dont know if its intended but why HRE imperial authority gain is that massive. even without DLC with less reforms that AI austria can revoke privilegia before 1480. Playing in europe is just impossible without dlc as minor because you either need to become emperor before that or dismantle HRE.

Reactions:
I think the hotfix will be compatible with current saves though, no?

Probably, but the issues with the HRE are affecting the AI in negative ways ("Pope in the Empire" monthly -0.50 prestige, anyone?), and making any HRE campaigns for instance far too easy.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Always interesting when you have to forcefully go Protestant and join empire with missions to then rampage force conversation all over hre to just barely stop Australia from passing enveiger landfreide in 1505... Hre on steroids this patch. Kinda fun so far but I think trying to destroy it will be a lot harder than just becoming the emperor yourself.

Shifted my focus to Vijayanagar and very much enjoying it. Funnily enough Spain is the King of the world by 1600.
Ottomans allied with an eastern neighbour who blocked them off from expanding into the middle east and the Mamluks. So they are stuck. AI Austria isn't even a world power. I've managed to get to 3rd great power with my colonial policy in the far east and some pretty nasty wars in South Africa with Portugal.
A very interesting game.

... to just barely stop Australia from passing enveiger landfreide in 1505...

thanks for making me laugh there, mate. Even if it was unintentional, the very idea of a unclaimed australia spearheading the Formation of a united holy roman empire battling a desperate protestant Reformation was just too much :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 6Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
wanted to weigh in that I too would rather see 69 hotfixes, over 69 days, each fixing one bug, than wait 69 days to a single hotfix fixing all 69.

also

Better, IMO, for something you're unsure about to be reported on the bug forum and clarified as not a bug, then being told it is a bug and then you need to make another post about it :)

...okay, if you say so. I'm gonna be sure to quote this post when I make bug reports that are grey zone.

• 2Like
Reactions:
wanted to weigh in that I too would rather see 69 hotfixes, over 69 days, each fixing one bug, than wait 69 days to a single hotfix fixing all 69.

I mean, everyone would prefer that but it's not how it works.

They released a 1.30.1 patch that introduced a lot of bugs. If they fix one bug and then release 1.30.2 without testing further, it will not only still contain the other bugs but will almost definitely also introduce new ones.

Reactions:
Please disallow Excomunicated nations to buy indulgences, it lifts their excomunicatuon and renders the CB useless.
Every good Christian can have his place in Heaven, paying the right amount of money.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
thanks for making me laugh there, mate. Even if it was unintentional, the very idea of a unclaimed australia spearheading the Formation of a united holy roman empire battling a desperate protestant Reformation was just too much :D
Wow that's some awesome autocorrect. Living down under has taught my phone a new world view.

take it for sure, my friend.

By the way, my comment is not an attack. It's a reality
I am as disappointed as anyone that the HRE is in a very bad shape right now. This seems to be due to a relatively last minute change to AI logic.
It is hardly defensible that this was allowed to be in the release patch. The only responsible move would have been to revert the change that led to this problem. And there is no reasonable excuse about development processes or version locks; this should not have happened and since this is not the first time that something like this has happened, it cannot really be explained away as a one-time mistake. Sloppyness and, frankly, insufficient quality control for releases seem to be a systemic problem with Paradox.
That said, no, your attack is not based on reality. The patch and the expansion seem to be absolutely fantastic. They have introduced several immensely interesting and well thought-out mechanics (the new estates, the reworked revolutions, the new imperial reforms and incidents, the new catholic stuff) and the map changes, the new countries and most of the mission trees (the new Brandenburg and Germany trees are anachronistic meme-fodder, but the rest seems fine) and new events show an astonishing love of historical detail and flavour.
The game overall has been vastly improved by the 1.30 patch and emperor expansion and the devs, including Jake, should be proud of their work. It is all the more frustrating that this commendable work and all the attention for this awesome game (there seems to have been a massive spike in player numbers in the past week) are tainted by an unnecessarily sub-standard release. It is like delivering a Ferrari with pierced tires.
(And I have no doubt whatsoever that most complaints will be fixed in a few weeks)

• 12Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.