• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The new "introduce new heir" mechanic is totally broken. The AI keep using it giving a FREE RESTORATION OF UNION CASUS BELLI to anybody with a royal marriage with them!!!
It basically means you can totally conquer another country for 60% warscore,and the AI always use it....it's way too OP and easy to exploit for a player.

Reactions:
The new "introduce new heir" mechanic is totally broken. The AI keep using it giving a FREE RESTORATION OF UNION CASUS BELLI to anybody with a royal marriage with them!!!
It basically means you can totally conquer another country for 60% warscore,and the AI always use it....it's way too OP and easy to exploit for a player.

really? I haven’t seen that. I only got a restoration of union CB once - and at the time the AI introduced the new heir at a point when I would have gotten a PU (and possibly defended in a succession war) if the ruler had died. I have not seen it happen in other circumstances (and I have seen heirs introduced while I had a royal marriage at least a couple other times - in both cases the AI was in the “a noble of house X” phase).

I've had fun with Emperor, but I really wish in the future you'd consider releasing the DLC early access. Many players are happy to test the patch out which would prevent this scenario in the future.

Agreed. It took all of the first hour or two for me to instantly start asking questions about the crown land tooltip not being right, ducats received in peace deal going wrong, so and so of 'nodynasty' being quoted in events. I could of given you multiple bugs feedback that same evening!

Reactions:
Agreed. It took all of the first hour or two for me to instantly start asking questions about the crown land tooltip not being right, ducats received in peace deal going wrong, so and so of 'nodynasty' being quoted in events. I could of given you multiple bugs feedback that same evening!
Yeah that and nations building strategy, russia and been going further and further into debt without trying to fix it - if anything activly increasing it. 8k debt is a little over the top.

Attachments

• Russia.png
    Russia.png
    2,2 MB · Views: 0
There is also an issue with the ducats received from a peace deal, they are bugged if your WarScore > 52 before adding ducats (i think) this is a very important mechanic to fix

• 1Like
Reactions:
Good to hear there's a patch coming up soon. Playing 1.30.1 is a bizarre experience, it feels like someone tried to mod EU4 for the first time, but didn't consider that some things might break. Normally I'd wait a few hotfixes before buying an expansion, but I was tricked by the 1.30.1 version number this time.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please make sure to take a look at starting governing capacity base for Duchy level governments. It's zero at the moment, and I'm fairly certain that's not what's intended.

Reactions:
I hate this new feature. I absolutely hate it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Apart from often mentioned problems, could you please also have a look into
-too many countries (like a half) having negative prestige
- very limited usage of mercs by AI
- spam of coast fortifications
- no visible improvement in AI defending its land instead of running to distant places of the enemy

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yep. You are the 742nd person (approximately) to report this :)

Reactions:
More generally, as a reminder, this is not the place to report bugs.

For that, please remember to create a report in the Bug Reports subforum.

Reactions:
It's sometimes hard to know if something is a bug, is a WAD but bad mechanic, an unintended sideeffect of a new mechanic, or something inbetween. And the community can generally help to be certain if this is a bug or a new (or old) mechanic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's sometimes hard to know if something is a bug, is a WAD but bad mechanic, an unintended sideeffect of a new mechanic, or something inbetween. And the community can generally help to be certain if this is a bug or a new (or old) mechanic.

Better, IMO, for something you're unsure about to be reported on the bug forum and clarified as not a bug, then being told it is a bug and then you need to make another post about it :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
I don't want to seem rude, but I have other things to do than filing 15 bug reports about things I'm not even sure about when most of the detailed bug reports I've filed over the years with savegames and steps to reproduce have been ignored and the same bugs or AI decisions are still in the game 10 patches later. I'm not saying reporting bugs is pointless and we should not do it, but to make this as useful as possible, I would rather discuss it constructively with other players until I am certain what exactly causes the bug and I can do the usual free QA job by replicating it with the console and then posting my bug report, only to be ignored half the time.

• 12Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Also, the attrition on ships seems out of whack. Sailed from Iberia to Brazil and not only did my ships suffer much more attrition than before; the troops inside suffered a ton of attrition too. I think my ships were on about 60% and the army inside lost 40% of its troops to attrition as well.
- Arrival Attrition is now applied always when out of range and on open seas both for the navy and any loaded armies

I would say it is because of this.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well, we are still on week-end... you'll have to wait a little more before Paradox starts its week and can respond.
We aren't really in a hurry. I think most players would gladly wait a little longer, and get a more complete hotfix. The important thing is that you may be able to release it this year, or 2021 at most.

• 7Haha
Reactions:
We are working on several issues for an hotfix, however, specficially regarding the HRE balance, we have reverted a mistake that made AI ignore its logic for joining the HRE. We are also tweaking numbers regarding Imperial Authority gain, amongst other things.

Thank goodness, although I have to wonder how the HRE could be so broken that the AI is banning all internal HRE wars before the Reformation has even taken off properly.

Apart from often mentioned problems, could you please also have a look into
-too many countries (like a half) having negative prestige
- very limited usage of mercs by AI
- spam of coast fortifications
- no visible improvement in AI defending its land instead of running to distant places of the enemy

Prestige is kinda normal.

Mercs are expensive and in some cases mutually exclusive; if another nation is using that company. Very limited merc use makes sense.

Who didn't expect the AI to spam Coastal Forts? The AI loves building naval buildings.

I generally see the 'off to Siberia!' strats when the AI is vastly outmatched and has no chance of fighting you anyway. They're probably trying to preserve their army.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.