• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AAA titles are still 60 bucks, no? So is BL2. Hell, even leaving out the DLC if you want fries with it, it's 70. And I'm not complaining or nothing, I'm glad it's happening at all.

Reactions:
BL2_DAMSEL_SS2.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions:
Everyone was so focused on Damsel, that it seems they forgot to mention how good the environment is looking. I am assuming they have ray tracing on, because those reflections looked amazing.

• 1Like
Reactions:
AAA titles are still 60 bucks, no? So is BL2. Hell, even leaving out the DLC if you want fries with it, it's 70. And I'm not complaining or nothing, I'm glad it's happening at all.
The point is that AA titles are also $60, and possibly A.

So calling it a "AAA price" is not accurate.

Reactions:
it is AAA price. For me CP2077 was cheaper than BL - blood moon edition. Both will include dlc and i bet cp will have more content. I am just saying because they put such price tag they are into "AAA" expectation league at least from the quality perspective. AA title price is 19.99 or 29.99.

Reactions:
The point is that AA titles are also $60, and possibly A.

So calling it a "AAA price" is not accurate.

It kinda is tho. It's just that a lot of games do it. If you object to the term, people will just have to walk the long way around and say that RDR2 and BL2 have the same initial retail price. Cuz that's what they mean.

Reactions:
Lucky you that "AAA title" still cost the same as they did 30 years ago. Looking at the cost of production "AAA title" should cost at least 200 Bucks in the "basic version".

Meh. Absolute cost is not really relevant. Cost per copy sold is.

Reactions:
Lucky you that "AAA title" still cost the same as they did 30 years ago. Looking at the cost of production "AAA title" should cost at least 200 Bucks in the "basic version".

Let me translate your logic. Imagine tesla model s and opel corsa would cost the same for you. Would you ever choose opel?
Its all about expectation, the lower price tag the lower expectation. In case you fly premium airline first class you would have different expectation than flying ryanair. Not complaining about price or something, just telling my thoughts in case the game would cost 19 or 29 i would say this game is in okay state. I can live and expect some issues with animations, combat, etc. but in case they've put AAA tag, i expect top notch quality.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well ... here we are ...
Dont wanna say told you so ... but i did.

And now be for a few seconds honest, polite(!), but honest ...
Who also is dissapointed with this reveal? :-/
Well you were right. :(
And on top of that, the Damsel reveal was made at the wrong camera angle making her look like Morticia from the Adams Family.
A little bit of PR hickup if you ask me...

It kinda is tho. It's just that a lot of games do it. If you object to the term, people will just have to walk the long way around and say that RDR2 and BL2 have the same initial retail price. Cuz that's what they mean.
No, it isn't, $60 is a perfectly normal release price for a AA game.

It's counterfactual to act as if this is unusually expensive, it's not.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I might be weird but I remember Damsel looking quite cute/pretty in Bloodlines while this one is... not. Kind of looks like a character cosplaying her than being her.

But I guess tech changed so did appearance, and it has been a year since I re-re-re-re-re-replayed Bloodlines. Maybe I should replay bloodlines.

Reactions:
I might be weird but I remember Damsel looking quite cute/pretty in Bloodlines while this one is... not. Kind of looks like a character cosplaying her than being her.

But I guess tech changed so did appearance, and it has been a year since I re-re-re-re-re-replayed Bloodlines. Maybe I should replay bloodlines.
To me this Damsel looks way way prettier than the BL1. So I suppose it depends on the taste :)

Overall, I'm happy about the reveal. Damsel wasn't in my top five favourites, but she was fun.
And I suppose that the mistake on the shirt is intentional. It'd be weird if Damsel did a thorough study of Russian.

• 1Like
Reactions:
No, it isn't, $60 is perfectly normal on release price for a AA game.

It's counterfactual to act as if this is unusually expensive, it's not.

I don't see how you're contradicting me here.
Maybe a visual aid can clear this up. :D

1592162318542.png

The blue and red circles are contained within the pale green one.
It's not counterfactual to point that out. And I never said that BL2 was unusually expensive.
I didn't complain about the price once. I even bought the 90 quid version straight from the pdox store.

• 2Like
Reactions:
A little bit of PR hickup if you ask me...
Hope they were watching Larian ...
This is how you are suppose to do announcement. :3
Didnt say much, but promised another date with more info ... didnt show anything we allready seen, but quite lot new things (yes, this could be even this case, if dancing trailer was released on this event) ... but finaly, you show some emotions!
I dont wanna seem harsh, but Paradox crew looked like they drinked some bad blood, and all that act was just screaming "screenplay". :-/

Also i hope that Outstar (or someone else from the team) is reading this forum. :-/
And finaly i hope they take something from it. :(

I dont think Damsel was ever cure ...
But she has her moments. :) Its more about charm, thank look with her. :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm going to try and not do another long, multi paragraph post (Though I'll likely fail, as I tend to be long winded lol). I just want to say, though it should be obvious from my stance in my two previous posts, that I was quite disappointed with this very weak presentation. They did say they were only going to show off some "tidbits" before the event, so it's not like I was expecting much. In fact, what we got was pretty much what I expected, due to their poor track record with info at this point, but it still sucks, even when a hunch turns out to be right. I guess it's somewhat cool seeing Damsel. Idk, she was one of the most meh characters to me in BL1, so her being in this isn't a positive or negative for me. If it got fans of her excited, then that's great, but it was simply whatever on my end.

This was just a piss poor presentation all around. Not even just the BL2 stuff, but all the Paradox stuff. I know these devs and writers aren't actors, but their pre-rehearsed shtick and talking points were painful to watch. And still no updates on gameplay mechanics, character creation, how they are handling the RPG elements, or even an inkling of a time frame for release (I don't care if it releases in 2020 or not, just give us a general idea at this point). Overall, I'm just checked out at this point. My faith in Paradox and Hardsuit Labs is in the gutter, and I legit don't feel this game is in good hands at this point. Those are just my feelings on the matter though.

I think I'm going to take some time off coming to these boards, as there is little to nothing here to discuss to begin with, and I feel like trying to get some hype and excitement following news (or lack thereof) for this game is making me feel more negative about it in the long run. That being said, I quite like the community here. You guys all tend to be very respectful and well read in your posts, so I will miss communicating with you guys, or just reading your posts when I feel more like lurking, but I definitely need a break from this place. BL2 was easily the most excited I felt for a game in many years, as I loved the original, and the World of Darkness in general, but it seems like Paradox (and I do feel it's more them than Hardsuit Labs at this point) has done everything in their power to kill that excitement.

I'll probably wander back once we have some real, significant info finally drop, but for now take it easy guys and gals :)

I'm going to try and not do another long, multi paragraph post (Though I'll likely fail, as I tend to be long winded lol). I just want to say, though it should be obvious from my stance in my two previous posts, that I was quite disappointed with this very weak presentation. They did say they were only going to show off some "tidbits" before the event, so it's not like I was expecting much. In fact, what we got was pretty much what I expected, due to their poor track record with info at this point, but it still sucks, even when a hunch turns out to be right. I guess it's somewhat cool seeing Damsel. Idk, she was one of the most meh characters to me in BL1, so her being in this isn't a positive or negative for me. If it got fans of her excited, then that's great, but it was simply whatever on my end.

This was just a piss poor presentation all around. Not even just the BL2 stuff, but all the Paradox stuff. I know these devs and writers aren't actors, but their pre-rehearsed shtick and talking points were painful to watch. And still no updates on gameplay mechanics, character creation, how they are handling the RPG elements, or even an inkling of a time frame for release (I don't care if it releases in 2020 or not, just give us a general idea at this point). Overall, I'm just checked out at this point. My faith in Paradox and Hardsuit Labs is in the gutter, and I legit don't feel this game is in good hands at this point. Those are just my feelings on the matter though.

I think I'm going to take some time off coming to these boards, as there is little to nothing here to discuss to begin with, and I feel like trying to get some hype and excitement following news (or lack thereof) for this game is making me feel more negative about it in the long run. That being said, I quite like the community here. You guys all tend to be very respectful and well read in your posts, so I will miss communicating with you guys, or just reading your posts when I feel more like lurking, but I definitely need a break from this place. BL2 was easily the most excited I felt for a game in many years, as I loved the original, and the World of Darkness in general, but it seems like Paradox (and I do feel it's more them than Hardsuit Labs at this point) has done everything in their power to kill that excitement.

I'll probably wander back once we have some real, significant info finally drop, but for now take it easy guys and gals :)

Sorry mate, you failed :D.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Hope they were watching Larian ...
This is how you are suppose to do announcement. :3
Didnt say much, but promised another date with more info ... didnt show anything we allready seen, but quite lot new things (yes, this could be even this case, if dancing trailer was released on this event) ... but finaly, you show some emotions!
I dont wanna seem harsh, but Paradox crew looked like they drinked some bad blood, and all that act was just screaming "screenplay". :-/

Also i hope that Outstar (or someone else from the team) is reading this forum. :-/
And finaly i hope they take something from it. :(

I dont think Damsel was ever cure ...
But she has her moments. :) Its more about charm, thank look with her. :D

She's a redhead, which immediately makes her cute in my books :). However, I like Damsel's attitude more than her appearance ;).

Reactions: