• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sandmann

General
60 Badges
Jan 4, 2002
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
Does anyone know how to increase the chance of inheriting Burgundy in the new and reworked Burgundian inheritance imperial incident? Is it still a good idea to royal marriage and be a friend of Burgundy to increase the chance of being chosen?

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is what ive understood so far reading the code of the events leading to the burgundian crisis:

1.Burgundy strarts with a modifier called Burgundian crisis making almlsost impossible for burgundy ruler to concieve a new heir and this is meaant to last untill 1500 or if the burgundian crisis is resolved(the curremt ruler gets -100% chance of getting a new heir and also disable the option for introducing new heir). The most likelly way for burgundy to get a new heir with this modifier is if the current ruler is not married and get the event that marries him and also gives him an heir. He can also get an heir normally but it is very rare taking in count chances are almost cero.

2.In the meantime there is an event that gives a female heir to burgundy if the current ruler doesnt have an heir; that is meant to happen in 120 months strating in 1457. That female heir is Marie de Bourgogne and she cannot be uninherited while the crisis modifier is active.

3.When the current male ruler dies and Marie gets the throne then the Burgundian succession crisis event fires and she gets those 3 options that we saw in the dev diaries, with the emperor enforcing HRE lands if the one who get the inheritance is not himself. (This can also fire if Maire event never fires, the current king of burgundy has to die with a male heir with a weak claim or no heur at all). Im not sure what are the modifiers for IA Burgundy to decide the outcome but i think it has to do with of course having a RM, good diplo relations and high development (the country with more dev having a RM with Bur is most likelly to get it).

4.Then there is another event that gives you all of burgundy lands for free if you have a PU over them via this event.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
So are France and the emperor the only parties involved in the inheritance now? I feel like if Spain can't inherit directly, then the event to put a Habsburg on the throne should also grant Spain the lowlands when Austria owns them. Otherwise, the Spanish mission tree needs reworked.

If AI Austria gets the Burgundian Inheritance, Castile/Spain will get the land afterwards if they have a royal marriage with them.

I'm glad they did this, as it is the historical way Burgundian Inheritance happened in real life.

• 4Like
Reactions:
In my Austria run I inherited Burgundy 10-15 years after Marie died it. Charles did not get an heir in that time, they said he has a very low chance to produce a male heir. IIRC if he actually does get one then the Inheritance won't happen.

I really need help with this one definitively as well, I've been super unlucky in my France game and Marie died while the Duke was 40. I'm really hoping the entire event chain doesn't get circumvented by this one bit of rng.
In my Austria run I inherited Burgundy 10-15 years after Marie died it. Charles did not get an heir in that time, they said he has a very low chance to produce a male heir. IIRC if he actually does get one then the Inheritance won't happen.

In my game Marie died and Burgundy instantly got another male heir. Duke were Fertile, that might be the reason he got a heir. And he didn't die until 1510 and event didn't fire. I don't know if it's because Burgundy had a male heir or year is too late but that really ruined my plans :(

The Burgundian Inheritance will fire when Charles I dies, regardless of whether or not he accepted Marie as an heir, unless he has a male heir with a strong claim. If he has a female heir, regardless of who it is, or a male heir with an average or weak claim, or no heir at all, the Inheritance will fire on his death.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What happens if Marie dies before the duke ?
I had a very very strange thing happen in my game as Austria. I've posted this on another thread, so bear with me if you already read this. BUT in my game Marie de Bourbogne died THREE times!!! When she was heir to Charles, I Royal Married Burgundy and got her as my consort. Marie then DIED as the HEIR of Burgundy, but stayed alive as my consort. Charles, without an heir, died and Burgundy Inheritance crisis happened, and MARIE came to me requesting the PU (or something like that). I chose to keep the PU, which forced France to DOW me. After winning that war, my consort Marie died! I remarried someone else. Sometime later, Marie died yet again via event! And I inherited Burgundy with that event. Who knew Marie had access to the Deathly Hallows!

• 3Haha
Reactions:
The Burgundian Inheritance will fire when Charles I dies, regardless of whether or not he accepted Marie as an heir, unless he has a male heir with a strong claim. If he has a female heir, regardless of who it is, or a male heir with an average or weak claim, or no heir at all, the Inheritance will fire on his death.
You sure, where is the event file? Average claim male heir did not fire the event.

In my current game, Burgund had an marriage with Brandenburg. Brandenburg is Emperor. At some point something triggered and France gets all the western areas from former Burgund, while Brandenburg had an PU with the rest of the areas. Some time later, Brandenburg inherits this areas.