Europa Universalis IV: DLC Render Pictures Archive

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does anybody know if the new units are included int he expansion or are in a separate content pack as usual? I'm asking since I can't see any Emperor content pack on the PI store.

My guess is they are included with the expansion.

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Does anybody know if the new units are included int he expansion or are in a separate content pack as usual? I'm asking since I can't see any Emperor content pack on Steam store.

Reactions:

Reactions:

Thanks for putting it up. I would have helped if we knew this seperate early though.

Reactions:
Thanks for putting it up. I would have helped if we knew this seperate early though.
I recall seeing it said some time ago there'd be a separate content pack as usual.

Reactions:
Thx, but any idea how to find it on steam?
The PI store sells steam keys, though. And PI gets more money from your purchase from you buying it from them directly than from having steam as the seller. (Basically it's the sellers cut whihc goes to PI instead of steam if you use the PI store.)

Reactions:
Does anybody know if the new units are included int he expansion or are in a separate content pack as usual? I'm asking since I can't see any Emperor content pack on the PI store.

Seems like its business per usual. 20€ DLC and a 8€ 6€ unit pack separately. - It is a seperate DLC priced at 6€.

You do realize that the persons creating this content, regardless of what type, are actual human beings who needs to pay rent, buy food, clothes, etc, etc? On top of that, Paradox is a business that wants to make a buck or two in the end. If you want new stuff for this game, you either need to fork up some ducats or turn to the content the mod community produces or just keep playing the version of the game you have.

The incessant whining about having to pay for content is so tiresome. Whining kills kittens.

Well, the Paradox DLC policy is atrocious in my opinion, and I personally don't really think that saying "it's a business" is a particularly good defense of their practices. By that account you'd be able to defend any shitty business policy - because they're a business. lol.

I've said it before, but I'd gladly say it again; one can look to the Total War series for a better change of DLC policy. Rome 2 had a similar policy to the Paradox games which is a more or less spam-like style. The Warhammer games has shown a much better policy. About half of the Total War Warhammer DLC's are free for everybody to play which adds new factions, units and mechanics. The content which is paid for is priced quite fairly at 9€ (two factions) and if its a completely new race then its priced at 20€, the rest of the content is free. By comparison you'll find that Paradox charge 8€ for unit sprites which you have to buy on top of the already 20€ expansion. so 28€ worth of DLC right there.

To be fair, I think it would be an improvement if the Unit pack was included in the Expansion. I don't see why it has to be a separate feature.

Lastly, the DLC policy of Paradox is often called out both here, on reddit, in the steam reviews and elsewhere. There's no need to call it whining just because you disagree with it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
To be fair, I think it would be an improvement if the Unit pack was included in the Expansion. I don't see why it has to be a separate feature.
They used to be together with the price being a bit higher. People then complained about not wanting to pay for music/units/etc. and expansions were separated from music/unit/etc. packs. It happened probably 5 years ago by now.
I too liked it better when it was one, single DLC. Though I do understand that not everyone might want the music and sprites.

Reactions:
I will admit I was a little surprised on how few unit models there were this time given the scope of the expansion and how long it was in development. I guess the artists were reallocated elsewhere.

Reactions:
I will admit I was a little surprised on how few unit models there were this time given the scope of the expansion and how long it was in development. I guess the artists were reallocated elsewhere.

Agreed, and the price tag is ridiculous for the amount of units. And i'm not cheap by any means, but it just seems inappropriate to have a 6€ cosmetic pack

Reactions:
Morning everyone! We are looking towards the future a bit, and we want to gauge the fan opinion regarding where we should direct our unit model efforts. Are there any key regions that you feel desperately need more attention? Are there any interesting uniforms that you feel have been forgotten so far? Let us know below!

• 3Like
Reactions: