• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
My wiki pages keep randomly opening as "mobile version" until i press F5 to reload them. Any way to prevent that? It's really annoying. PC/Chrome
Took a bit of time to confirm (the issue seems to happen when not logged-in).
It has been reported to DevOps for further work.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Suggestion: update the Papal Succesion page. Information is missing.

Missing information: the College of Cardinals mechanics requires you to be of the same religion as the College (Catholic or Fraticceli if you did that), you or your liege can't have an antipope, you have to have at least one theocratic vassal of any tier (all of these 3 are stated on the wiki) AND you also necessarily have to have diplomatic range to the Pope's realm.

I can completely guarantee that if you do not have diplomatic range, your priests will not show up as elegible to become cardinals. Proof: start a game on 769 as the Duke of Kent. Set diplomatic range game option to halved. Diplomatic range = 700. Province of Orbetello is within the Pope's realm. It has the same religion as you, so diplomatic range 700+100 = 800. Game option sets diplomatic range to halved = 800/2 = 400. Orbetello is at a distance of 424. Your priests will not show up on the College of Cardinals screen. Second experiment: start on 769 as the Count of Boulogne and Guines. Diplomatic range from Boulogne to Rome is 433, out of range, but Rome doesn't matter because Orbetello is within range at 383 range and the Pope's realm contains Orbetello. Your priests will show up as elegible to be Cardinals.

Playing in the British Isles with diplomatic range halved hoping to control the Papacy is not viable unless the Pope expands north to at least Ravenna (de-jure part of the Papacy) or you conquer a coastal province between Mortain in Normandy and Kennemerland in West Frisia.

Edit: I've recently been told that I might be partially wrong, and that in reality it is the priest himself that has to be within the Pope's diplomatic range. In essence, this person told me that if you play the count of Boulogne and Guines as stated above, and you conquered Kent, your priests from Kent would not be elegible as Cardinals. I have no time to prove this theory, but it should be as easy as starting a game in Stamford Bridge as William the Conqueror with halved diplomatic range and checking if only your priests in Normandy are elegible. If some dude anywhere in Britain is elegible, and the Pope doesn't have provinces closer to Britain than Orbetello; then it's only your diplomatic range that matters, and not your priests'.

Last edited:
Wanted to point out (help out) that the concept of "Essentially everything is decided upon birth" in the breeding section appears wrong.
I have a save that landed 1 week before a delivery of a Genius child and while it is 50/50 on it being a boy or girl, no matter how many times I replay it... its always born with just the Genius trait. Never anything else, and never without it. As such it seems that only a few things are determined right on the day of birth, like "gender" and "ill".

Hello.

Is wiki decision page regarding feast/summer fair/hunting decision outdated or wrong? For example, the .txt files in game directory indicate that
1) feast even can only give just, gregarious and charitable (can't give kind)
2) summer fair can only give gregarious (no kind)
3) hunting event does not give ambitious or humble, and can never remove craven

Is what wiki says associated with some DLC event?

Hello.

Is wiki decision page regarding feast/summer fair/hunting decision outdated or wrong? For example, the .txt files in game directory indicate that

Would be easier to answer if you'll attach a link.
In general, there is a version tag to pages which indicate what is the oldest info a section may be -- page version default to lowest section version on the page.

Apologies, maybe I am misunderstanding the purpose of this thread then. I was hoping for someone to confirm if the wiki was in fact incorrect (or else I got the ingame script files wrong). Unfortunately, the statement that the page was considered up-to-date for version 3.0 was both correct but valueless to me. It could be that 1) wiki is still right 2) they changed these events in one of the previous patches. However, I did not find indication of that in patch notes.
I will try to ask in general forums, sorry for bothering.

Apologies, maybe I am misunderstanding the purpose of this thread then. I was hoping for someone to confirm if the wiki was in fact incorrect (or else I got the ingame script files wrong). Unfortunately, the statement that the page was considered up-to-date for version 3.0 was both correct but valueless to me. It could be that 1) wiki is still right 2) they changed these events in one of the previous patches. However, I did not find indication of that in patch notes.
I will try to ask in general forums, sorry for bothering.
The thread is indeed for wiki related stuff.
It could be that someone made a mistake when updating the page to version 3.0 or that the event was changed on the way to version 3.3 -- as the patch notes are generated by a script it may miss stuff (the so-called "stealth changes").
Unfortunately, I don't have the old files for comparison on a ready and I'm not much of a CK2 player to comment one way or another.

I can only say that if the in-game files say something else then they are the right ones and, if you got the time, I would welcome you to update that particular section on the wiki for the next user who may ask about that article.

Disclaimer: I'm just another forum member (playing and modifying the game since 2012)

Hello.

Sorry but at least your point 1 is simply wrong.
I did actually check the event files (yesterday and then i got distracted....).

You can get 'kind' through a feast event.
I bet it's the same for your other two points.
Could you please refrain from editing the Wiki if you are not 100% sure or have enough experience to be close to 100% or so :rolleyes:.
thanks.

Last edited:
Good evening,do wiki administrators know when the separate wiki for CK3 will be released as the pre-orders are already available and the release date is annouced?Will it be launched before the release of the game or after?
Thanks for any replies about this.

Good evening,do wiki administrators know when the separate wiki for CK3 will be released as the pre-orders are already available and the release date is annouced?Will it be launched before the release of the game or after?
Thanks for any replies about this.
There is no date set at this time though I will assume they might prefer to revel it before the game's release.

Reactions:
CK2 is/was fun but the heartburn was having to use paper and pencil to track all persons of interest which was a pain and made MP slow and irregular.

The player plays the role of his own scribes and other staff who were the living databases of their time. Not a role I like Is there now a tech enabled sortable system of bookmarking and notes that enables the scribes to do the work of their masters and not have the player be the scribe in CK 3.? That is the key issue for me buying the latest version. of the game - not to fault CK in particular, as Stellaris has the same issue but differently. How does the people managagement interfaces work now. Thanks

CK2 is/was fun but the heartburn was having to use paper and pencil to track all persons of interest which was a pain and made MP slow and irregular. ...
?
Persons of interest are listed in the Outliner on the right.

The player plays the role of his own scribes and other staff who were the living databases of their time. Not a role I like Is there now a tech enabled sortable system of bookmarking and notes that enables the scribes to do the work of their masters and not have the player be the scribe in CK 3.?
What ?

If this is simply a game mechanic related question, you might be better served to ask in the QuickAnswers thread
....and maybe rephrase the question.

Last edited:
Can anyone add patch and checksum info for 3.3.3, please.
I made a comment in the Discussion section for the page.
The page itself is locked for editing.

@Dauth
Sorry, i edited my comment on the Patch 3.3.X page without seeing your reply.
When i made my original comment, for one i hadn't recognised that the info for patch 3.3.3 was missing
and secondly i apparently confused 3.3 with 3.3.3.

Not sure what the checksum for 3.3 was, but 3.3.3 is SOHY indeed.

Last edited: