• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I like the idea of Turquoise Seljuks as well. They are descended from the Göktürks after all, and that literally means "Blue Turks" and also with their whole nomad background the color blue(as in, the color of the Sky) is important to them and all that. Plus I just looked it up and apparently "Turquoise" literally means "Turkish Stone" so that's neat.

I think Blue Persia and Blue Seljuks is a lot better than Paradox going "Hmmm, muslims like the color green right?" for the ENTIRE map.
Yes it’s so weird to make all muslims green sadly, I would say at least make Arabics Green, because islam is most culturally close to Arabs, and for the sake some diversity, use national colours of Persia instead of their religion’s colour, blue in persia will always be most important, Zoroastrian persia, Islamic persia, Christian Persia, Pagan Persia. But Green Persia is mostly islamic rather than Persian.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Changing the colors of every country is impractical at this point for the developers. Also, they can’t satisfy everyone with this; which is why Paradox games have constantly been extremely modable.
In ck2 all you had to do to change a titles colour was find and replace the RGB value to whatever you wanted... It was literally a 30 second job once you had the RGB code...

• 1Like
Reactions:
In ck2 all you had to do to change a titles colour was find and replace the RGB value to whatever you wanted... It was literally a 30 second job once you had the RGB code...
My main point is that Paradox can’t satisfy everyone with simple things like what color a specific country should be; it’s better to just edit it to fit your ideals.

Reactions:
Aren't the color of Middle Eastern entities shades of green?
I never really understood this. To my knowledge, Islam's association with the colour green (and the half moon) come mostly from the Ottoman era, so making the whole region green is quite anachronistic.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also seems Egypt has almost same color as Jazira. I suggest to make Egypt yellow:
1. It was the color of Fatimid, Ayyubid and Mamluk banners
2. There are very few yellow kingdoms on the map, but many green in the same region
3. Many players are familiar with yellow Egypt as Mameluks in EU4
4. Non-muslim Egypt, coptic or crusader, won't look so odd

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Also seems Egypt has almost same color as Jazira. I suggest to make Egypt yellow:
2. There are very few yellow kingdoms on the map, but many green in the same region
Also Africa is already blue so I don't really see the harm in this.

Reactions:

Yes a yellow egypt would be also nice. Would also be more fitting if you play it as a coptic, a kushite pagan or a crusader state.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yes a yellow egypt would be also nice. Would also be more fitting if you play it as a coptic, a kushite pagan or a crusader state.
If we've gone to discussing the issue of color in general, then I'd also recommend making Moldavia red. They don't border Poland and Lithuania directly as for it to be a problem (plus there are more than two countries of one color bordering each other in other areas anyhow) and it is the traditional color of Moldavia for most of its history, whether we are talking about the medieval heraldic symbol represented by my current avatar or the flags of Moldavia (from the flags attested during the times of Stephen the Great and beyond, to the later blue/red Moldovan bicolor, to the green/red Moldovan SSR flag). It's our traditional color and the current yellow-ish green has no cultural significance for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Changing the colors of every country is impractical at this point for the developers. Also, they can’t satisfy everyone with this; which is why Paradox games have constantly been extremely modable.

*Edit, why are there so many disagreements for this; I don't really know.

If they had gotten the colours right, they wouldn't have to change it now.

They can satisfy everyone if their choices are solid. Having the Seljuks or Perisa green because "Islam green" is lazy.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm sure this will be easy enough for players to adjust if they see fit. If we go down the road of what every political entity's color should be and why the game will never come out!
I managed to make Norway go dark red, away from that not so good looking cyan or white/blueish colour.
If I can make Norway change colour, I say it is fair for OP to try make Persia change.
But it has to be aesthetically pleasing, which I also argued for, so maybe make some arguments on why blue also will fit in the middle east?
Only problem I see is if it crashes with bordering nations, or makes the colour palette down there not work at all from an artistic point of view.

Maybe make some mock-up pictures, edit the CK3 map and show us?

Reactions:
What do you mean? Persia as green does not makes sense in middle ages, green was mostly used by Arabs and other Muslims but Persians mostly used blue.
One more reply, sorry.
I fidn this a good argument, as Persian/Iranian culture is different, and is its own entity on a whole other level, being an old empire and all that.
But maybe the Blue should only apply when culturally Persians actually rule Persia.
It can be green if Turks or Arab dynasties rule. Like the Seljuks?
maybe?

Edit: Blue persia is a sign of free Persia? Green and other colours is a sign that the Persians are under foreign rule, like the Seljuk Turks for example?

Reactions:
One more reply, sorry.
I fidn this a good argument, as Persian/Iranian culture is different, and is its own entity on a whole other level, being an old empire and all that.
But maybe the Blue should only apply when culturally Persians actually rule Persia.
It can be green if Turks or Arab dynasties rule. Like the Seljuks?
maybe?

Edit: Blue persia is a sign of free Persia? Green and other colours is a sign that the Persians are under foreign rule, like the Seljuk Turks for example?
Seems great idea, since Persian blur is symbol of Persians and Iranians, so when Turks or Arabs rule make it green. But idk how to add it, so if we can't make it change dependent of who rules, persia blue makes most sense since it is national colour of Persians

• 1Like
Reactions:
Seems great idea, since Persian blur is symbol of Persians and Iranians, so when Turks or Arabs rule make it green. But idk how to add it, so if we can't make it change dependent of who rules, persia blue makes most sense since it is national colour of Persians
Shouldnt be hard, no harder than having Christian, Islamic or Pagan heraldry for same nation depending on religion, like in CK2. Look at Syria for example, or Egypt.

If Persia is blue, the Seljuks should be turquoise. Turkic polities should generally be shades of cyan.
Well, seljuks used Persian language and Persian culture in the court. Which in game would translate to them being culturally Persian, so it still should be Persian blue, unless it's tengri Turk ruling persia

Reactions: