• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Romanix90

Colonel
23 Badges
Feb 25, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
So by far colonization is a thing that didnt change a lot. You start a colony, eventualy you can create your colonial nation, chose name and flag for your CN and of course you can tax your CN and so on. Now i have several suggestions regarding CN.

1. First of all once CN is created a toolbar pops in where you can do usual stuf, naming your colony and so on. Now my idea here is that with in this toolbar an option should exist to chose the capital for your CN. Also a historical colonial flags would be cool to be added.

2. Colonization is pretty much the same, where colonies go crazy and rampant and colonize all near by provinces. I even once saw colonial Brazil go for Canada. Now my suggestion here is that CN be restricted by the player to which Region, Area or City/Province can CN colonize. Of course if player doesn't care it can always leave CN to do what ever it wants.

3. Subject nations are also the same. Now my proposal with SN is, like in the case with CN, you can move/chose the capital for your subject. Obviusly you would spend your own MP. Also you can influence your subjects in regarding which provinces they can colonize, or even can they do any colonizing. That would all afect their LD. Further more the player can spend its money on subject nation to chose which ideas your SN/CN chose . This way you can perhaps specilize your subject in the way you desire. One last thing is with culture conversion. Since you can convert religion in your SN/CN, why not also give ability to players to culture convert provinces. Basicly you would spend your MP instead theirs and there shouldn't be any revolt or LD since you are not doing anything to harm them or provoke them.

Edit :

One thing i forgot regarding culture conversion in your subjects. You would be able to spread the main culture of your subject. This would obviusly cause no LD since you're not hurting them. For example you would be able to spread Castillan culture in colonial Mexico once it's formed or even Mexican culture.

Do you agree?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Upvote 0
2. Colonization is pretty much the same, where colonies go crazy and rampant and colonize all near by provinces. I even once saw colonial Brazil go for Canada. Now my suggestion here is that CN be restricted by the player to which Region, Area or City/Province can CN colonize. Of course if player doesn't care it can always leave CN to do what ever it wants.
Hmmm, yes there should be an option to refuse to allow your colony to take certain lands, like the British refused to let American settler cross the Appalachians at one point. Perhaps if your colony has a high liberty desire they will ignore you?

Hmmm, yes there should be an option to refuse to allow your colony to take certain lands, like the British refused to let American settler cross the Appalachians at one point. Perhaps if your colony has a high liberty desire they will ignore you?

That also ain't bad idea. Where if CN have a high LD they would go colonizing or even try independence war against you. On the other hand it might be good to lock CN to single colonial region. For example colonial Brazil will only colonize Brazilian region, not La Plata or Columbia regions or so.

Honestly, restricting expansion should increase LD on its own. I know for a fact that law with the Appalachian mountains played a part in 1776 happening.

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions: