• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a roadmap?

We don't usually plan far ahead enough to merit a roadmap really (usually not more than an update or two, which is a few months and long enough anyways). Don't want to say too much about what we have planned, but it is somewhat tangentially related to the focus of the last major update (Anglo-Saxons).

• 1Like
Reactions:
There shouldn't be any gender restrictions for getting Hegemony Score as far as I can tell, do you have a save?

Yes but...

Ekran_Afefelnts.PNG

Yes but...

Ekran_Afefelnts.PNG

Ah okay, I thought you meant for the accumulation of Hegemony Score itself. That (and all other gender requirements for titles) has already been changed for the next release.

Reactions:
Are there any plans to make the way Romanization works a little more sensible? It doesn’t make much sense for Anglo-Saxons conquered by a resurgent Rome to assimilate into a Celtic speaking Romano-British culture over a Romano-Germanic group. Same with Franks in Belgica.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Apologies if this has been asked or explained before (if probably has) but is there an end date to the saxon invasions? it's geting rather annoying to have to send my levies to assault down the invaders' holdings because 15k Saxons attack every 2 years

Are there any plans to make the way Romanization works a little more sensible? It doesn’t make much sense for Anglo-Saxons conquered by a resurgent Rome to assimilate into a Celtic speaking Romano-British culture over a Romano-Germanic group. Same with Franks in Belgica.

The idea is that if Roman rule is restored, the invading Germanic groups will slowly assimilate into the dominant Romanized majority. Obviously this does assume that a Roman restoration is done earlier in the timeline rather than later, particularly in the case of the Anglo-Saxons, though that does usually tend to be the case.

Apologies if this has been asked or explained before (if probably has) but is there an end date to the saxon invasions? it's geting rather annoying to have to send my levies to assault down the invaders' holdings because 15k Saxons attack every 2 years

They'll stop around 600 AD.

Reactions:
The idea is that if Roman rule is restored, the invading Germanic groups will slowly assimilate into the dominant Romanized majority. Obviously this does assume that a Roman restoration is done earlier in the timeline rather than later, particularly in the case of the Anglo-Saxons, though that does usually tend to be the case.
Except in Britain the Anglo-Saxons are always a significant share of the population and there’s no reason to believe they’d become Celtic speakers that identify as Britons after Roman conquest rather than a distinct Anglo-Roman culture would form. Anglo-Saxons make up the majority of The entire province of Maxima Carsariensis, they aren’t a small group surrounded by Celts like the Alans along the Loire relative to the Romano-Gauls.

Except in Britain the Anglo-Saxons are always a significant share of the population and there’s no reason to believe they’d become Celtic speakers that identify as Britons after Roman conquest rather than a distinct Anglo-Roman culture would form. Anglo-Saxons make up the majority of The entire province of Maxima Carsariensis, they aren’t a small group surrounded by Celts like the Alans along the Loire relative to the Romano-Gauls.

Well they wouldn't go to speaking a Celtic language and identifying as Britons, they'd start speaking Latin and identifying as Romans/Latins. Romano-British should be thought of as a broader geographical categorization of provincial Romans whose differences have become less stark as they adopt a common culture and interact more with each other as much as it represents Britons (and other insular Celtic cultures) that have assimilated into Roman culture.

Additionally, at the start date it's unlikely that the Anglo-Saxons really would have made up the majority of Maxima Caesariensis. Not only is their political and cultural extent exaggerated to some extent in the mod (particularly in the Essex area), but even firmly Anglo-Saxon controlled areas are likely to have significant Brythonic/Romano-British minorities (if not majorities) at this point in time, when the first Anglo-Saxon kingdom in Kent (to speak nothing of the even more recently forged kingdoms of Sussex and 'Anglia') was perhaps just one generation old. Of course as we proceed further into the 6th and definitely by the 7th century you have more of a point.

Additionally, at the start date it's unlikely that the Anglo-Saxons really would have made up the majority of Maxima Caesariensis. Not only is their political and cultural extent exaggerated to some extent in the mod (particularly in the Essex area), but even firmly Anglo-Saxon controlled areas are likely to have significant Brythonic/Romano-British minorities (if not majorities) at this point in time, when the first Anglo-Saxon kingdom in Kent (to speak nothing of the even more recently forged kingdoms of Sussex and 'Anglia') was perhaps just one generation old. Of course as we proceed further into the 6th and definitely by the 7th century you have more of a point.

To add onto to this point, it's likely that the bulk of the "anglo-saxon" population as we understand it is likely just britons who assimilated into their conquerers culture as opposed to a full displacement by migrants from across the sea. Afterall its not like the Franks displaced the Romanised Gauls, and they live right next door, so why would the Angles, Jutes, and Saxons be any different? After all population wise its likely that they were less numerous than the urbanized Britons living in the south-east.

So it stands to reason that a Roman reconquest of the area would see many peoples transition into the greater Romano-Briton population, since many of the older generations likely were Romano-Britons in both tongue and blood. Plus the actually Anglo-Saxon populace would likely join their Romano-Briton neighbors as opposed to the Romano-Germanic group due to the fact that they're the group closest to them. I mean if Suebians of Spania were reconquered by Romans, what would make more sense; them turning into Romano-Hispanics or Romano-Germans? If all the various german groups turned Romano-German as opposed to whatever Roman culture predominates in the region, then the map would be splattered in Romano-Germanic provinces all over the damn place which would be silly since in the mod Romano-Germanic represents the Rhine based populace which likely have very little in common apart from a roman identity with the more far off german descended groups like vandals and suebians. So for me at least I like how things are set-up right now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Just started playing this mod and am loving it so far, but I have a question. I've just reunited all of the old Roman lands under Syagrius (old fella is 68 now) in Gaul. So, I have everything from the Pyrenees, to Brittany in the northwest, to the Rhine/Alps in the east. As far as I know, there isn't any option to do any more imperial conquests on the mainland. Of course, Britain is the next logical choice (maybe after Syagrius dies and his son has ruled for awhile, I think the realm needs to stabilize for a bit.) However, there are no CBs to conquer any of the British lands. Is there an event that will fire to allow me to do this or is there some requirement I need to fulfill or do I just need to fabricate a claim on a county in Britain so I can start conquering neighbors (i'm assuming I can use imperial conquest if something is adjacent by land.)

Just started playing this mod and am loving it so far, but I have a question. I've just reunited all of the old Roman lands under Syagrius (old fella is 68 now) in Gaul. So, I have everything from the Pyrenees, to Brittany in the northwest, to the Rhine/Alps in the east. As far as I know, there isn't any option to do any more imperial conquests on the mainland. Of course, Britain is the next logical choice (maybe after Syagrius dies and his son has ruled for awhile, I think the realm needs to stabilize for a bit.) However, there are no CBs to conquer any of the British lands. Is there an event that will fire to allow me to do this or is there some requirement I need to fulfill or do I just need to fabricate a claim on a county in Britain so I can start conquering neighbors (i'm assuming I can use imperial conquest if something is adjacent by land.)

The Imperial Reconquest cb should unlock for Britannia once you've finished conquering Gaul, have you triggered the event for that yet? You might be missing a barony or two if not.

The Imperial Reconquest cb should unlock for Britannia once you've finished conquering Gaul, have you triggered the event for that yet? You might be missing a barony or two if not.
I'll be totally honest, once I subjugated the Kingdom of Brittany (I know that's not what it's called, but whatever it was in-game), I saved and logged out so it probably just didn't have time to fire. Tomorrow i'll give it a couple of years in-game time to see if it fires.

EDIT: I'll also carefully scan through the empire to make sure there aren't any rogue baronies.

Just let the game run for a couple of years and so far no event. As far as I know I control all of the territory in former Roman Gaul. Not sure if there are any requirements beyond that.

Just let the game run for a couple of years and so far no event. As far as I know I control all of the territory in former Roman Gaul. Not sure if there are any requirements beyond that.

Could you share a screenshot? IIRC, you need to push back to the old Rhine borders before you can take Britain, as well as everything south and west of that.

Could you share a screenshot? IIRC, you need to push back to the old Rhine borders before you can take Britain, as well as everything south and west of that.
empire.PNG

The only "weird" thing that I remember happening in the game is that the Visigoths sort of collapsed through a civil war and it triggered an event where the Ostrogoths set up a puppet king of "Gaul" in the south. After I absorbed the Burgundians and Visigothic remnants I subjugated the puppet king. His title was destroyed but he ended up keeping a county which was fine by me. I put him under my new Governor. So far the Ostrogoths have never responded.

To be perfectly honest, I was planning on starting a new game anyway as there were a lot of mechanics I didn't understand and want to rectify in a subsequent playthrough (for example, a grandson who I want to rule one day has tons of positive traits except "frail"but apparently that counts him out of the succession for some reason. I would understand if I was ruling a barbarian kingdom, but a state pretending to be the successor of Rome shouldn't be uncomfortable with a negative physical trait or two.

By the way, let me know if you want me to zoom in on a particular area if you need a better look.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
View attachment 581205

The only "weird" thing that I remember happening in the game is that the Visigoths sort of collapsed through a civil war and it triggered an event where the Ostrogoths set up a puppet king of "Gaul" in the south. After I absorbed the Burgundians and Visigothic remnants I subjugated the puppet king. His title was destroyed but he ended up keeping a county which was fine by me. I put him under my new Governor. So far the Ostrogoths have never responded.

To be perfectly honest, I was planning on starting a new game anyway as there were a lot of mechanics I didn't understand and want to rectify in a subsequent playthrough (for example, a grandson who I want to rule one day has tons of positive traits except "frail"but apparently that counts him out of the succession for some reason. I would understand if I was ruling a barbarian kingdom, but a state pretending to be the successor of Rome shouldn't be uncomfortable with a negative physical trait or two.

By the way, let me know if you want me to zoom in on a particular area if you need a better look.

It looks like you control all the right territory, so you're probably missing a barony or two somewhere.