The devil is in the details (bombing campaign)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally capture the Texas oil. Have to rush for it cos i was so desperately low on it...

1590083641852.png

I'm not sure what the value of testing game mechanics in 1963 is. It's a completely separate game to what most people play and is clearly completely out of whack with regards to balance.

HOI 4 combat starts getting janky around 1943/44. And by that point I think pretty much everyone has either won or lost anyway.

You'll notice a similar thread recently that has tests done in 1939/41/43 technology groupings, that sort of thing is generally of more use to players as it's within a timeframe and organisation that they can understand and make use of.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Glad that some ppl enjoy my sharing of game. I know sometimes i play too slowly, but really i am just focusing on what works.;)

Edit: i think what slowed me down drastically was after I conquered UK in late 1940s. Because i was not confident of taking on Ussr head-on, i decided to ally with them through the focus tree. Then i went on an extremely long journey to conquer all the other nations, including Japan, China and australia. I wanted to have the resources to take on US (without my allies help). And now this, I have 1000 factories and tons of resources except oil.

On hindsight, if I let my allies including USSR joined me, I could have defeated US early, maybe in 1940s or 1950s. But i dont want USSR to get too strong by stealing my land. Since USSR is the final boss.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I think my next campaign would be to replay from the part when I defeated UK in 1940. Then i came up with the "perfect" operation barbarossa, since i have more experience. That way i can quickly knock ussr out of the war, allowing me to focus on USA next.

Edit: USSR will declare war on me in late 1941. So i have that limited time frame to build up...