• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Grayloch

Recruit
2 Badges
May 1, 2020
  • Stellaris
  • BATTLETECH
I am still on my first run through of the campaign. I have had the Argos for a couple of months now and run several missions, still getting used to all the nuances of the game. I love it, good and bad or indifferent aspects of the game. Once I have completed the campaign mode and go into career mode will i have all of my pilots and the argos, money etc.? Or will I have to start over from scratch?

You can keep playing after you've finished the campaign, with all your assets intact. If you have Flashpoint, these will start showing up after the campaign is over.

If you start a new save in Career Mode you will indeed start from scratch and cannot play the campaign, but flashpoints will be active from the start. You will also get a score after 1200 days, but can continue playing after that if you want.

Reactions:
You can keep playing after you've finished the campaign, with all your assets intact. If you have Flashpoint, these will start showing up after the campaign is over.

If you start a new save in Career Mode you will indeed start from scratch and cannot play the campaign, but flashpoints will be active from the start. You will also get a score after 1200 days, but can continue playing after that if you want.
o.k. thanks for the info. Let me repeat back to you what I think you mean and see if I am correct. I do not need to start a new career and can continue to play the campaign and explore the galaxy to my hearts content. I could even load one of a variety of mods and add to my game play variety. However if I choose to go into "Career" mode then I am starting fresh and get to have all kinds of new fun building a merc company from scratch? Question: before I start a new career mode should I download one of the mods or wait until I get a little bit going in the new career mode? Thanks for your time and consideration. Gray.

I do not need to start a new career and can continue to play the campaign and explore the galaxy to my hearts content.
Yes, that's pretty much it. And if you have Flashpoints, they'll start popping up after the campaign is done.
I could even load one of a variety of mods and add to my game play variety.
That's a bit trickier. Some mods don't play well with the campaign (and some even disable it completely). Be sure to check if the mod(s) you're interested in support campaign saves.
However if I choose to go into "Career" mode then I am starting fresh and get to have all kinds of new fun building a merc company from scratch?
Yep. Start with five 'Mechs, four rookie 'MechWarriors, the Argo, and try to make your fortune! Or at least not go bankrupt ;) Also, in Career mode flashpoints start almost immediately (possibly on your first travel between planets, but don't quote me on that).
Question: before I start a new career mode should I download one of the mods or wait until I get a little bit going in the new career mode?
You probably want the mod(s) before you start out - unless you want to do a vanilla career mode run to test it out.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Yes, that's pretty much it. And if you have Flashpoints, they'll start popping up after the campaign is done.

That's a bit trickier. Some mods don't play well with the campaign (and some even disable it completely). Be sure to check if the mod(s) you're interested in support campaign saves.

Yep. Start with five 'Mechs, four rookie 'MechWarriors, the Argo, and try to make your fortune! Or at least not go bankrupt ;) Also, in Career mode flashpoints start almost immediately (possibly on your first travel between planets, but don't quote me on that).

You probably want the mod(s) before you start out - unless you want to do a vanilla career mode run to test it out.
Wow, thanks for the info. I will save this link and make sure I don't go broke, lol. This helps a bunch. does a dance on the floor not the ceiling. take care.

The main problem with launching into a "Career" after completing the Campaign, is that all the worlds remain at 4+ skulls. There isn't anywhere to go if you want to play easy missions or try to rebuild reputation with a faction.

A new "Career" however, opens up the whole map right at the start and the number of skulls on each world never changes, allowing you to find whatever difficulty planet you want whenever you want too. I really enjoy running light and mediums and the Career map allows me to do that to my hearts content.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
The main problem with launching into a "Career" after completing the Campaign, is that all the worlds remain at 4+ skulls. There isn't anywhere to go if you want to play easy missions or try to rebuild reputation with a faction.

A new "Career" however, opens up the whole map right at the start and the number of skulls on each world never changes, allowing you to find whatever difficulty planet you want whenever you want too. I really enjoy running light and mediums and the Career map allows me to do that to my hearts content.
Well it figures. Thanks for that, now at least I can be ready for it while eagerly looking forward to my "Career Mode" experience. Lol, thanks For all the help give me a day or two and I am sure I will come up with some more questions. Take care and have a great week.