• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Shahanshah Rober

Sergeant
10 Badges
Nov 10, 2019
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II
Blue as national colour in Iranian history, the symbol of heaven and spirituality, here beautifully represented in the sophisticated decorations of Imam Mosque in Isfahan’s main square Naqsh-e Jahan, or as in second picture Golestan palace in Tehran. Or in third picture, Purple Persian standart of Derafsh Kaviani
2CF50056-FB31-4DFB-9B3A-20454CE6D5EE.png
21A3736B-0D30-4044-80D7-CDB2C1D4984B.png
434F20CB-E6F2-4624-93E5-188436183E2E.png

• 21Like
  • 2Haha
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I'm sure this will be easy enough for players to adjust if they see fit. If we go down the road of what every political entity's color should be and why the game will never come out!
I don’t think it will take developers more than 1 minute to change colours of a nation, sad part is it could disable ironman mode if we change colours.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Well, I personally second this proposal and think that Persia is important enough that it must be gotten straight. Besides, Persia's color also applies to the Seljuks, who exist in game at the 1066 start, and who should legitimately be turquoise.

• 10Like
Reactions:
Visually it wouldn't even be out of place either, as almost of the Empire of Persia consists of blue colored counties and duchies, based on the maps we've seen anyways.

Definitely will be changing it in my personal mod though if it remains as is at release (as I suspect many CK veterans have their own little homebrew mod of tweaks), I don't really care about achievements.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I don’t think it will take developers more than 1 minute to change colours of a nation, sad part is it could disable ironman mode if we change colours.
Changing the colors of every country is impractical at this point for the developers. Also, they can’t satisfy everyone with this; which is why Paradox games have constantly been extremely modable.

*Edit, why are there so many disagreements for this; I don't really know.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Changing the colors of every country is impractical at this point for the developers. Also, they can’t satisfy everyone with this; which is why Paradox games have constantly been extremely modable.
What do you mean? Persia as green does not makes sense in middle ages, green was mostly used by Arabs and other Muslims but Persians mostly used blue.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I'm sure this will be easy enough for players to adjust if they see fit. If we go down the road of what every political entity's color should be and why the game will never come out!
It's not like it's some tiny entity on the map though. We're talking about Persia here.
I think it's fair to talk about the appropriate colours for such important powers of the middle ages.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Aren't the color of Middle Eastern entities shades of green? Unless they recolor the whole region, blues in the middle of greens seem off...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Aren't the color of Middle Eastern entities shades of green? Unless they recolor the whole region, blues in the middle of greens seem off...

Not really, Dayylam and Khorasan are already more in the blue category.

1590233718492.png

So a blue Persia (Empire and Kingdom) could work. So I would make the Kingdom that the Seljuks hold and Makran more blue and it would be already much more in this direction.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
I'm gonna be honest, I just learned something new today.

• 3Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Green is more Arabic or islamic style, but even though Persia is muslim, they are first Persians and second muslims. Persian blue is unique for Persia and no other islamic state in middle east. Sure, green is important for Persians as well but blue is even more so.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Well, I personally second this proposal and think that Persia is important enough that it must be gotten straight. Besides, Persia's color also applies to the Seljuks, who exist in game at the 1066 start, and who should legitimately be turquoise.

I like the idea of Turquoise Seljuks as well. They are descended from the Göktürks after all, and that literally means "Blue Turks" and also with their whole nomad background the color blue(as in, the color of the Sky) is important to them and all that. Plus I just looked it up and apparently "Turquoise" literally means "Turkish Stone" so that's neat.

I think Blue Persia and Blue Seljuks is a lot better than Paradox going "Hmmm, muslims like the color green right?" for the ENTIRE map.

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I like the idea of Turquoise Seljuks as well. They are descended from the Göktürks after all, and that literally means "Blue Turks" and also with their whole nomad background the color blue(as in, the color of the Sky) is important to them and all that. Plus I just looked it up and apparently "Turquoise" literally means "Turkish Stone" so that's neat.

I think Blue Persia and Blue Seljuks is a lot better than Paradox going "Hmmm, muslims like the color green right?" for the ENTIRE map.
exactly, you look at Europe and it's full of colors, meanwhile every Muslim is just a shade of green. it would be nice to see some variance on the map

• 1Like
Reactions: