• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalaar

Recruit
8 Badges
May 18, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
So assuming that there is a Cities: Skylines 2 in the works somewhere I thought it would be great to have community suggestions and input into what form that it takes. I've read somewhere that there is talk of introducing countries or something but that doesn't especially interest me. It would be great if Colossal / Paradox setup some sort of user voice forum where people could submit suggestions and vote on them to help shape the new game. If anyone knows of such a thing please let me know - I've not been able to find it.
Barring that I thought I might use the forums here to at least submit some of my thoughts. Now some of this might be included in mods available but this is what I would like to see added to the base (un-modded) game.

Roads/Network/Traffic
  • Enable PROPER MERGING LANES like those you might find in real life, with various options for lane markings like you might find.
  • Customisable road builder available in game, allow the creation of custom roads in game specifying number of lanes in each direction, with each lane being able to be of a different type sidewalk, car, bike, bus, tram and allow the addition of regular props along the way, trees, lights, signs, post boxes, seating. Allow these to be created as presets that you can save to use in your city.
  • Improved Traffic AI that lets cars change lanes anywhere and not just on nodes but also makes better use of multi-lane roads instead of queueing up in one lane the whole way.
  • Allow trams to return without needing a roundabout!!! In fact can you bring this into the current game also - this is ridiculous.
  • Include some basic features from Traffic Manager mod such adding Give Way/Stop/Through, adding and removing stop lights and setting which lanes can turn or go straight (I know that you can add and remove stop lights and stop signs in game currently but the UI for that is awful).
  • Include a net picker so piece of network on the map can be selected and then used to lay down more of that network. (Yes I know there is a mod for this - build it into the game! So handy.)
  • Include a basic roundabout builder that can select the type of road to be used and size. Roundabouts are fundamental and building them should be part of the base game. Doesn't need all the bells and whistles of the mod as long as it can still be enhanced in a mod.
Infrastructure
  • Allow power networks to be created underground similar to water pipes.
  • Remove the power zone created around structures and introduce overhead street power lines instead that can then be replaced with underground power networks as a later unlock. More like real life city planning considerations.
  • Add data networks to the game so that internet cabling and 3G, 4G 5G towers can be added potentially onto existing building structures. Make data networks improve happiness of people and efficiency of businesses.
Graphics
  • Improve the graphics engine to allow even greater detail - Unreal Engine 5 anyone?
    The more the game looks like a real city the better!
Assets
  • Allow assets to be stretchable to match (to a certain extent) the curve of the road. This might leave the building unchanged but stretch the garden/outdoor (Fencing/hedges) area to stretch bed around the road, creating less gaps between assets, or allow all or part of a structure to flex a certain amount to the curve. This would create more realistic blocks where there is no no-man's land like there is in the game now.
  • Introduce the concept of seasons and allow Assets to have different appearances based on seasons, particularly trees & vegetation. Maybe the option to have snow or not on other assets.
  • Allow some assets particularly train stations to be placed without being connected to a road or to connect onto an existing train line instead!!!
    Currently if I want a station to line up to a rail network I need to guess where the rail bit of the station will be and create a road in about the right place to put the station then hope that the rail lines up nicely.
  • Ability to have more rounded assets and structures
  • Find It mod built in.
  • Ploppable RICO built in.
Terraforming
  • Improve the UI to smooth terrain, perhaps be able to paint an area and then have it smooth it out to the edges or surrounding roads.
  • Allow placement of Trees and vegetation on steep slopes
  • Be able to paint an area or brush with a combination of vegetation, select a mix of tree, plant or rock assets adjust the % of each and have the game randomly place these assets in the area in the desired concentrations.
  • Paintable pavement and other surfaces that can optionally be bordered by roads or structures (rather than plopping down odd shapes to try and fit). Have these surfaces be able to crop the vegetation underneath. (I hate seeing the grass come through an outdoor pool asset - very annoying.)
  • More tools to make more natural looking terrain like water courses and cliffs would be nice - I'm not sure how what exactly here, I just know that I find this a challenge.
Audio
  • Allow music to be pulled from playlists in Google Play Music or Spotify. Allow the option to insert the in game adds in between these tracks through.
    I grow tired of the ones in game and I find it somewhat objectionable to buy music packs that have a few more songs that I'm not that keen on either.
  • MORE in game radio adverts! These are awesome but there needs to be more! :)
    Can this be modded or become assets that the community can add into the game also?
Other features:
  • Asset and mod profiles - allow the game to be started up with different sets of mods and assets available as presets defined by the player to play the game in different styles. Or make these presets shareable also in the community so that people can start with recommended packs from community members.
  • Challenge mode - I really enjoyed the community challenges that Biffa put out for biggest city in 30 mins and worst traffic, it would be great if these challenges could somehow be defined and then posted out to the community to attempt with all the appropriate restrictions in place.
  • EDIT: Almost forgot 81 tiles in the base game, & perhaps with option to go larger if resources permit.

Anyhow I think there's a few other things that I've though about while playing the game that I've forgotten to include in here. Mostly I just want more/better of the same game - not too dramatically different from the present game, if significant new features are added that take the game in a whole new direction then they need to be done as options so that the people who have come to love this game for what it is can continue to do so.

Finally I would love to hear what others think of this list of mine and especially if you too would like to see a feature list / suggestions site that can take community votes on each feature like the Microsoft User Voice or other software companies use.
What other features would you like to see that I have not thought of or included here?

Last edited:
  • 15Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
One thing I would change is change the district/ area tool from a fiddly, often messy brush tool, to a polygon tool, and you can edit districts/areas when they're complete either by clicking on an existing corner to move it, right clicking to delete it, or clicking on a line to add a new corner.

Also, whether for skylines 2 or a DLC for 1, please, for god's sake, give us zoneable paths, quays with paths built in, and possibly, quays with paths and zoning on the land side.

• 10Like
Reactions:
One thing I would change is change the district/ area tool from a fiddly, often messy brush tool, to a polygon tool, and you can edit districts/areas when they're complete either by clicking on an existing corner to move it, right clicking to delete it, or clicking on a line to add a new corner.

Also, whether for skylines 2 or a DLC for 1, please, for god's sake, give us zoneable paths, quays with paths built in, and possibly, quays with paths and zoning on the land side.

id just like quays that don’t require a shoreline to be exact! If I want to use a quay as a land retaining wall or sunken highways I have to artificially create a shoreline first with the outlet pipes which gets very tedious

• 8Like
Reactions:
Let's not forget the most important update of all perhaps for many of these features - 64bit support. As amazing as Cities Skylines was, it could be argued to have been held back from its full potential due to 32bit limitations like Vehicle and Pedestrian limits. As soon as you hit those limits, your city would come to a grinding halt and unable to be built out further.

Secondarily but perhaps just as importantly, improved multi-core support. The original game didn't really have much in the way of multi-core support, and any simulator almost by definition needs this kind of support if it's to scale well.

To be perfectly fair, this was not originally in the hands of the developers as the engine the game uses is Unity. Several years ago though and just after the game's release, Unity did provide full 64bit support and increase limitations well beyond the game's original foundation, so these issues are no longer a problem (both from the standpoint of the developer and user hardware and software wise).

Whatever form Cities Skylines 2 takes, it won't live up to the name and have longevity if it doesn't have this support at least optionally available (adjustable if necessary to let normal PC users run it over the performance impositions of most consoles).

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
A successor should also allow to create less car-centred cities with pedestrian streets and car-free areas. Still the buildings inside need access to city services.

• 9Like
Reactions:
A successor should also allow to create less car-centred cities with pedestrian streets and car-free areas. Still the buildings inside need access to city services.
Oh yes, I know it was rather frustrating when I was creating a Park using park life and wanted to and some ordinary park assets also but had to put a non-park path in so that it could be enabled. Seemed somewhat ridiculous.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Woah, how did I missed that?
Ok, gonna add actually the same notes, since it's more available with new engine/params set:

• Customisable built-in list for all commercial and industry buildings. Nobody likes big building with bunch of ads and decent parking lot for single flower shop. I mean setting for asset - "enable space division" which will emulate basically few buildings inside of an asset. This will work same as current scheme but like if one company moved out, this spot will be free to use (abandonment can be autosolved, but building must still notify if company leave because of problems). If more than 60% of occupied space is force-abandoned - building itself will be tagged and we need to act more hard with our situation. (Also checkbutton for high density residental, it often have 1st floor/attached block for shops, cafes and tiny offices, you know). And dedicated door-spawners for it, single/multiple is no matter, just attached to this list.
  • Bus stops! Seriously, we need to move pickup point to front part of the stop-pocket (awning as well at large stops). After this buses must have 3 dynamic points and gonna use farthest available one. For lesser pockets - 2 points.(large buses gonna be like fish in the barrel, but this type intended for lesser buses for not big duty lines) If someone arrived behind, it won't stay on the road and block path but gonna get in and swap passengers as usual. Also ability to leave point from current position if needed, just to free space if someone in front is waiting shedule and someone behind needs to go in.
  • Combined cargo station/hub and actual parking to gates. That's 2 items: 1st. Cargo may be reloaded directly into another vehicle type, like from container ship to cargo train or requested trucks. Also to make synched movements, if possible. Trucks needed when cargo arrived but not constant truck-sausage, probably from some truck depots or right online but free vehicles. May affect traffic, but city planning is just made for it. 2nd is make them have driving back anims, waiting time at gates (or oil/bulk/somethinganother pumps and log/containers/loading points) and then leaving to destination. This also usable in public transport, like multi gates to pass buses in and out the depot. Also it may allow more compact town intercity/suburb stations, like _\_\_\_\_\ shaped apron, this is parking scheme with unified service road nearby. Not sure, but we might get rid of spawning markers for this, you know it better.
  • More precise terrain structure (should be possible). Because I'm (and not only) tired of ugly and square'ish water canals/creeks/width transitions. This may add immersion also for lesser spots where you need to make height difference and not to waste 7+ meters for it.
  • Built in Real time. More time to do something and also what's that? Day passing for 10 seconds and no any changes in game process. Seriously?
  • Of course bigger map as because we need more space for real medium-big and larger cities. Up to 17x17 current tiles of 32.64x32.64 km, or bound to actual 2 km and recalculated accordingly. If too hardware unfriendly, then 13x13 tiles limit, way better than just 9x9...
  • Improved railways (common), to make those double line able to connect single bidirectional tracks more another way (from this very mod or to make your own?). That means special section which will be actual pack of two seperate tracks but like vanilla double. Then we can connect one side only to additional line or connect them from inner side as we need to. And to remove other city station 10 meters behind border. It must be more far. To contribute SingleTrainTrack mods - we need single bidirectional track allowed as city district entrance. By current mechanics that's not possible, because then trains will not have any space to pass by each other. That just gonna become virtual transition back to double line, like today, but behind border and invisible.
  • Improved education system. We often can build non-US cities. And there is another scheme, like kindergarten, school (combined), then college and/or university. (Also education status in unclear to display. "Uneducated" is for kids, after we need "lightly educated" or something... status for scholars before get new grade at next stage institution) Just uneducated worker is silly and weird.
  • Small wish of signs, might be done with connectable packs right from vanilla. Just because like here we don't use poles with street name signs, it is placed on buildings instead as well as building number (address). Also we're not sticked to personal cars completely. (low priority, we might make this by ourself)
  • Minimal class roads. I mean tiny driveways inside of residental area, to backside of commercial block, small road to hotel entrance, etc. Minimal+ pathing priority and no name requirement, since it is not a street. This roads must be 4.5--6 m wide (2.25+2.25)--(0.75one-side+2.25+2.25)--(0.75+2.25+2.25+0.75) If possible to make One lane Two way method it would be good too. 4 m wide path, cars will use center, but if 2 of them meets at single point they will pass by with 2+2 m space. Maybe also connectable parking strips at one side...

Attachments

• CS2.png
    CS2.png
    5,6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Something else I'd like is modular transport hubs, like the park life formula we can place airport gates, docks, cargo areas, platforms, parking etc to make a multipurpose facility.

• 6Like
Reactions:
Something else I'd like is modular transport hubs, like the park life formula we can place airport gates, docks, cargo areas, platforms, parking etc to make a multipurpose facility.
Yes, park system, I forgot; we probably can have base object and modules inside. The building with administrative section or non-residental one might be actually park, but with all his data of building. Then only one issue, it is might be still one unit, not our curent "place something nearby"

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Removal of pocket-cars

Implementing something similar to Simcity 4 bridge construction

*This should be a sticked thread, and I'll off-load the rest of my ideas here...

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions:
Removal of pocket-cars

Implementing something similar to Simcity 4 bridge construction

*This should be a sticked thread, and I'll off-load the rest of my ideas here...
Defo would like to see the bridge system from SC4 implemented in some form. Allowing us to control the bridge height to allow for boats to pass underneath with a simple slider was genius and the fact we could manually select what style of bridge we wanted too was a great idea. Definitely would be a welcome addition to CSL in the future in some form

• 4Like
Reactions:
*moved from other thread

This is what I would want from Cities II

SCALING

One thing that constantly bothers me with C:S is the incoherent scaling. People (Cims) and vehicles (apart from ships and aircraft) seem to be scaled accordingly. Buildings, on the other hand, are not realistically scaled. A large (4x4) family house has the same footprint as factories and skyscrapers. I want to see a coherent scaling across the board. Also, for a title with the word Skyline, I was hugely disappointed with the way skyscrapers and highrises were implemented. I want to see proper skylines next time.

MAP

Even with 81 tiles, C:S is just not large enough anymore. With a whole new engine (hopefully) we should expect much larger maps than currently. I would like to see at least an 800Km2 map (30x30km).

REGIONS

This could both augment the larger city maps and provide us with a far more interesting economy simulation, where you can trade resources (and manpower) between cities. Examples to follow: Caesar III, Workers & Resources, and Builders of Egypt, etc.

HIGHER LIMITS

Even now the imposed limits on roads, buildings, cims, vehicles, trees, nodes are laughably low and restrict players from building on even 25 titles (modded). I know these limits should correspond to the 9 titles, but why give us the option of 81 tiles then? Gaming systems are far more capable now than in 2014/15 and should be able to handle at least 4 times the current limits. IMO it would be best to simply remove most of them and allow people to tailor the game limits accordingly to their hardware. * Detect hardware and adjust settings?

TRAFFIC SIMULATION

• If the AI from Traffic Manager could be the default setting I would be very happy. Especially if we were provided with the same tools to tailor our road/rail networks.
  • Parking - While this is somewhat represented in the game it is flawed and essentially pointless since pocket-cars are a thing. Remove the pocket car and "force" the player to consider parking spaces when they design new districts. This, in turn, makes the concept of carless city centres a viable alternative and would allow us to recreate a Vince-styled city.

MORE AGENTS

This ties in with 4 and 5. I’ve seen mods that increase the number of parked and moving vehicles, but again. I want to see this number raised significantly. Computing power has increased significantly since 2015 and anything less than a major increase would be a disappointment.

MODULAR BUILDINGS

This, in particular, should be focused on airports, harbours and train stations. CO could easily craft some prefabs for the newbies and "lazies" while tender to the very creative players (and in effect provide room for newcomers to expand into). In addition, this would a fantastic thing for the modding and asset creating community. In addition, the already inbuilt editor mechanics could allow us to make custom assets for rapid plopping. There is literally a ton of opportunity for creativity here, and credit to CO for taking some of the first steps in the right direction. It just needs more polish and content. This mechanic could/should also include education, firefighting, policing, healthcare, marina, etc.

ROAD, RAIL, & NETWORKS

• Finer engineering accuracy with 1m increments (or better) - modding has covered this, but it should be part of the base game. The game should also be far more lenient with the placement of objects as long as they don't visually collide with each other. This, in turn, should make it possible for us to create rail over road or double-decker highways.
  • More control over what type of junctions we create. Toggle traffic lights was a step in the right direction but I also want to control if there are any pedestrian crossings and if the junction is a cross or T junction.
  • Parallel road tools included in the base game.
  • Slip-lanes and merge lanes should be a thing.
  • Proper roundabouts.
  • Automatic road toll. Norway's AutoPASS system should be a logical upgrade to the archaic toll booths. This should tie in nicely with an Era progression system)
  • Revamped bridge construction. Give the player far more control over the types of bridges they want to build. Golden Gate, Øresund, Sydney Harbour, Brooklyn. These are just examples of what I want to see. Most importantly they should be scaled correctly as they are truly MASSIVE structures. Combined rail and road bridges and drawbridge would be awesome additions here... Boformer has already demonstrated the latter was possible with the current game, although I don't know if it was feasible to implement?
  • Canals. While these already are in-game, their implementation leaves much to be desired. First, I don't get why canals and quays cant be connected seamlessly. Second I really wish we could control the width and depth of canals and perhaps also give us a bit more control over the aesthetics e.i. concrete, brick, marble, steel, etc. It's way too generic.
  • Quays. Again already in-game, but too restrictive. I want to be able to change the depth and type of quays. Perhaps even have quay construction as part of the Port mechanics where you can select if ships can dock there (Berthing) and what type of ships. I would also like to be able to make perfectly sharp corners as this is how most quays actually are when you look at maps and photos.

MISC

• NO multiplayer. I don't care for it, I don't see the benefits of it, and most importantly, do not want CO to waste their resources on it. If it has to be included, then do so without DRM and always-online. Let me opt out of it entirely. (This I do have faith in CO not doing after EA's epic failure)
  • Fewer DLC's. I do not mind DLC's as long as they provide actual content and value. Mass-transit was a joke with most of the content already modded - and even worse, it was totally inferior to the modded alternatives. Realistically I know the DLC spam will be carried over to new games, but I just feel obligated to state my contempt for that policy and its poor implementation.
  • More crafted scenarios. I still remember the scenarios from SimCity 2000 with prebuilt cities - labour intensive but something that could eventually be added.
  • Different eras. Start in 1950, 1990, 2010 - you get the picture. Build with art deco or some futuristic stuff. Again, this would be awesome for asset creators.
  • PC only, at least for the release since constraining C:S II to what will always be inferior consoles is just not a good idea for longevity. I know this will fall before deaf ears because of the sweet, sweet dosh, but it has to be said.
  • More accurate water simulation. This should allow us to make more realistic shorelines and rivers.
  • Higher/deeper terrain limits. Just double or triple the current limits so we can have proper Mountains.
  • More types of zoning densities and mixed-use zoning. There should be a more gradual increase in building size and height than currently implemented. Having more type of zone densities could be an expedient way of doing it. Another would be to give the players actual district control over how large and tall buildings may grow in certain areas. The current system doesn't cut it.
  • Marina. I remember these from Simcity 2000 and I wonder why practically no other game since then (Maybe SC4 did it too, can't recall) have done this. I am especially disappointed with Sunset Harbour as this was the PERFECT chance to implement this to make shorelines far more interesting. Instead, we got a half-baked fishing industry, but I guess some talented modders could turn this into actual marinas?

• 10Like
Reactions:
ABSOLUTELY YES to all of the above! Only exceptions:
- DLCs: I don't care if there are more of them. The current system is good.
- Different eras: While the visuals might be interesting, implications on gameplay would be huge and would properly push the game in the wrong direction
- Regions: Ok as abstract trading partners, but not in a way that I need to manage regions or several cities at once.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I agree with almost all of this, especially the TMPE options basically being vanilla, and also changing district and park painting tool to a toggleable square like zoning rather than just the circle - so people can choose whether they want square or circle zoning or a square district tool etc

I would also like to be able to put the different campus main buildings and different park assets (zoo AND theme park) in ONE park area and be able to level them up simultaneously! I hate having to build a seperate level 5 zoo first and then merge them

And in the case of university it disables the buildings when you do this!

I would however like to have regions/ multiple cities, preferably on the same map too, so intercity vehicles have more use than just arriving from random AI cities off the map edge, they would be arriving from our own alternate cities, we could also have a stadiums and universities in each city that can actually play against each other

University boat races anyone? Or University challenge XD

Also I'd like seasons to occur on every map like it used to, I hate only having ice and snow on winter maps, seasons should be a standard option like day/night cycle toggle

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
My 2 cents. Change the name of the game to "Skyline". You don't need to include Cities or City in the name anymore. Instead of comparing Cities: Skylines to Sim City, every other city-building sim should be compared to "Skyline."

The game needs a regional mod tool that is simple to use and that can get the job done quickly if someone wants it done quickly.

The game could use a supported game called "PTA" which stands for "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." This would work in much the same way SimCopter and Streets of Sim City worked for SC2000, except with superior graphics and playability. This would be an amazing addition and worth the price of a Triple-A game all by itself if done right.

The very first building you should have to place is a farm or ranch. A few of these buildings will create a demand for a dirt road and residential zones. At this point, Industrial and then commercial zones could be laid down as well as asphalt 2 or 4 lane roads.

The game should start around 1800 and go through about the year 2200. From colonial times into the cyberpunk years, your city would have a real beginning to end type feel to it.

Until you have at least two cities in the same region, there is no reason to have connecting transportation routes. Until your city reaches a population of at least 100 people, there are not any roads. People simply walk or ride a horse to their destination so it will be important to keep your buildings near each other until you earn the option to build a dirt road.

When you have at least two cities in a region with a total regional population of at least 100,000, you get the option to declare a city a Regional Capital. Cities within a region can trade with each other and can share the expense of building various connections to each other. Regional Capitals can also trade with other Regional Capitals online or offline but they will also have to share the transportation infrastructure expense.

Trains become an option after 1850 and transport people, goods, or both.

Upgrading your city to cars becomes available around 1900 and airplanes become available between 1930 and 1950. The internet becomes available around 2000. And so on.

Until around 1900, your city won't need electricity, running water or sewage. Around 1900, they want these services right away and around 1930-1950, they will want phones as well.

Cities could have odd shapes to them and if they don't purchase neighboring land fast enough, a neighbor city might beat them to it.

If a city is close enough or tall enough, it would be great if you could see it from your own city but the world fog would come into play limiting the distance you could see.

I am not sure how I feel about adding the war element to Skyline. Some of the Anno games have this and Tropico also has it. I am on the fence about it.

This list could go on forever. It's a great city builder and I look forward to what you will bring to us in the future.

A fun expansion pack could involve having a region send robots to a nearby planet. The robots build the basic buildings before the people show up and you start the city building process all over again. Since your on a new planet, you would need extra buildings to support life on that planet so there would be an extra layer of management added to the game to support this.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
My 2 cents. Change the name of the game to "Skyline". You don't need to include Cities or City in the name anymore. Instead of comparing Cities: Skylines to Sim City, every other city-building sim should be compared to "Skyline."

The game needs a regional mod tool that is simple to use and that can get the job done quickly if someone wants it done quickly.

The game could use a supported game called "PTA" which stands for "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles." This would work in much the same way SimCopter and Streets of Sim City worked for SC2000, except with superior graphics and playability. This would be an amazing addition and worth the price of a Triple-A game all by itself if done right.

The very first building you should have to place is a farm or ranch. A few of these buildings will create a demand for a dirt road and residential zones. At this point, Industrial and then commercial zones could be laid down as well as asphalt 2 or 4 lane roads.

The game should start around 1800 and go through about the year 2200. From colonial times into the cyberpunk years, your city would have a real beginning to end type feel to it.

Until you have at least two cities in the same region, there is no reason to have connecting transportation routes. Until your city reaches a population of at least 100 people, there are not any roads. People simply walk or ride a horse to their destination so it will be important to keep your buildings near each other until you earn the option to build a dirt road.

When you have at least two cities in a region with a total regional population of at least 100,000, you get the option to declare a city a Regional Capital. Cities within a region can trade with each other and can share the expense of building various connections to each other. Regional Capitals can also trade with other Regional Capitals online or offline but they will also have to share the transportation infrastructure expense.

Trains become an option after 1850 and transport people, goods, or both.

Upgrading your city to cars becomes available around 1900 and airplanes become available between 1930 and 1950. The internet becomes available around 2000. And so on.

Until around 1900, your city won't need electricity, running water or sewage. Around 1900, they want these services right away and around 1930-1950, they will want phones as well.

Cities could have odd shapes to them and if they don't purchase neighboring land fast enough, a neighbor city might beat them to it.

If a city is close enough or tall enough, it would be great if you could see it from your own city but the world fog would come into play limiting the distance you could see.

I am not sure how I feel about adding the war element to Skyline. Some of the Anno games have this and Tropico also has it. I am on the fence about it.

This list could go on forever. It's a great city builder and I look forward to what you will bring to us in the future.

A fun expansion pack could involve having a region send robots to a nearby planet. The robots build the basic buildings before the people show up and you start the city building process all over again. Since your on a new planet, you would need extra buildings to support life on that planet so there would be an extra layer of management added to the game to support this.
An interesting game you describe here! Unfortunately it has nothing to do with Cities Skylines! :p

• 2Like
Reactions:
An interesting game you describe here! Unfortunately it has nothing to do with Cities Skylines! :p

It sounds like a cross between transport tycoon, monopoly tycoon and Empire Earth

I agree it's not something I'd be interested in much

But it might be interesting to have as a toggleable starting option

So it applies a period of time theme to each of the population unlock stages

So until you have 300-350 and become a small town it will look like 1800s and people will use horses instead of cars

But once you hit 350 it could jump period upto say 1900s or 1920s

When you get to the point of unlocking monuments it would be in the futuristic style with hover cars

It's similar to how Monopoly tycoon advances time when you make a certain amount of money in a year

Not sure how many people would use this option though

• 2Like
Reactions:
It sounds like a cross between transport tycoon, monopoly tycoon and Empire Earth

I agree it's not something I'd be interested in much

But it might be interesting to have as a toggleable starting option

So it applies a period of time theme to each of the population unlock stages

So until you have 300-350 and become a small town it will look like 1800s and people will use horses instead of cars

But once you hit 350 it could jump period upto say 1900s or 1920s

When you get to the point of unlocking monuments it would be in the futuristic style with hover cars

It's similar to how Monopoly tycoon advances time when you make a certain amount of money in a year

Not sure how many people would use this option though
The problem is that every era requires different visual models, different game mechanics, separate balancing, etc. This makes developing such a feature expensive and would reduce the overall number of features the game could have. Therefore I don't like it. Better a game that offers a lot of features which are well-balanced within one era!

• 4Like
Reactions:
The problem is that every era requires different visual models, different game mechanics, separate balancing, etc. This makes developing such a feature expensive and would reduce the overall number of features the game could have. Therefore I don't like it. Better a game that offers a lot of features which are well-balanced within one era!

I do agree, maybe not have this at launch as not to detract from the more pressing requests

But nonetheless I think it could serve some purpose as an add on or community pack just like we have university theme or the Japanese buildings

• 2Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.