• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EU4 - Development Diary - 19th of May 2020

Good morning! It’s time for the achievements dev diary. Typically we write this one the week before the patch notes dev diary (don’t worry, that’s coming soon too), but we’re uploading these achievements to the Steam backend very soon and we want to get ahead of that.

Without further ado, here are the achievements coming with the 1.30 update:

achievement_mary_of_lotharingia.png

Mary of Lotharingia - Starting as Burgundy, form Lotharingia and have a female ruler named Marie.

achievement_on_the_rhodes_again.png

On the Rhodes Again - Starting as The Knights, conquer and core Constantinople, Jerusalem and Antioch.

achievement_spaghetti_western.png

Spaghetti Western - Starting as Bologna, become Mexico or Texas.

achievement_stern_des_sudens.png

Stern des Südens - Form Bavaria starting as München and have your Subject Bremen own Werder.
Shoutout to @mikesc for this one!

achievement_stiff_upper_lippe.png

Stiff Upper Lippe - As Lippe, own all of the British Isles.

achievement_czechs_and_balances.png

Czechs and Balances - Starting as Bohemia, grant at least two privileges to each estate while having at least 50% Crown Land.

achievement_dont_be_cilli.png

Don’t be Cilli - Starting as Cilli, form another nation.

achievement_holiest_roman_empire.png

Holiest Roman Empire - As either the Papal States or the Emperor, have the Papal States as an Elector while the HRE is officially Catholic.

achievement_inner_turmoil.png

Inner Turmoil - Starting as The Isles, own 20 provinces by 1500, none of which are on Islands.

achievement_kingdom_of_god.png

Kingdom of God - Starting as the Papal State, become the Kingdom of God.
Shoutout to our very own @Duplo who posed for this image. Certainly a dashing figure.

The following achievements are exclusive to owners of the Emperor DLC:

achievement_everythings_coming_up_mulhouse.png

Everything's Coming Up Mulhouse - Starting as Mulhouse, become Emperor of the HRE and completely decentralize the Empire.

achievement_god_tier.png

God Tier - Become a Tier 5 Defender of the Faith as a nation that is neither Catholic nor Sunni.

achievement_napoleons_ambition.png

Napoleon’s Ambition - As Revolutionary France, spread the Revolution to 10 countries.

achievement_aeiou.png

AEIOU - Complete the Austrian mission tree.

achievement_global_hegemony.png

Global Hegemony - Reach 100% Strength as any type of Hegemon.

This brings our total number of achievements to a massive 310. As always we’ve tried to include a mix of difficulty levels and a variety of goals. Personally I think I’ll start with Kingdom of God to get the most out of the new Catholic features, and of course to see “Kingdom of God” printed across the map.

That’s all for today! Join me next week for the final content-focused dev diary that was promised last week. As I’m sure you’ve heard, the Emperor expansion and the free 1.30 update will release on June the 9th. You can pre-purchase Emperor on Steam, or even right here on Paradoxplaza.

• 84Like
  • 3Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
The memes should not get into the actual gameplay.
But they are already there. Communist Dithmarschen, Rome, all the conquer-em-all and PU-em-all missions, and of course the upcoming German tree. Memes above common sense.

• 1Like
Reactions:
As one of the comments stated above, we still don't fully know about the french vassal system.

Achievement dev diary probably implies that the gameplay-content is fully shown, so im very confused

Reactions:
"Czechs and Balances"

Being a Czech myself, I am somewhat unsure whether to be angry or amused.

Are any new unit skins planned? Countries like Hungary, Serbia, Denmark or united Italy could certainly use some. I'm already very thrilled about the expansion, but that would be a nice cherry on top.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I am proud to see one of my suggestion making its way into the game (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...mpilation-thread.984666/page-39#post-25829233 )

However, only a bunch of Achievement for such a big DLC im a bit sad, i was waiting around 50 :O

Anyway, that's really good work you have made here, and im sure we will be dozen of thousands chasing for this achievement guys. Thanks for that year of good work

PS : As the person above said, will we have new unit types?

• 2Like
Reactions:
As much as I like the variety of difficulty levels, I'm also kinda disappointed by the small number of new achievements. As I'm actually the kind of player whose main incentive in launching a new campaign is to aim for some kind of achievement, I was hoping for a little more, especially with all the new tags and new gameplay mechanics.

• 3Like
Reactions:
Lmao only on the Paradox forums will you find people complaining about a lack of achievements, in a game that already has 295 achievements.

Not saying I wouldn't mind more achievements too (especially achievements like The First Toungoo Empire and Where the heart is), but still.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I was hoping for an achievement concerning the Frisian culture.

How about: Fryslân Boppe. Have all the northern most landprovinces as Frisian culture while owning them as cores.

• 2Like
Reactions:
On the Rhodes Again - Starting as The Knights, conquer and core Constantinople, Jerusalem and Antioch.
Should have named this one "The Rhode to the Holy Land"

Reactions:
I am not fan too of the pun achievements. For example the one where you begin with Mulhouse, i would had prefered something with the prestigious Habsburg family instead of the Simpsons :) (even if i love the simpsons).

[the Habsburg ruled the Haut-Rhin where Mulhouse is located until 1648 (but the Mulhouse republic stayed free until 1798)].

Bah, anyway i love EU4 and i am just impatient now.

I guess i may begin with the AEIOU or Kingdom of God.

• 1Like
Reactions: