• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I just wish there would be more than 2 missions in the final expansion.

I think the general idea is 2 missions per faction, with Heritors being a bit of an exception as they are Secret tech. So we will see a 2 mission campaign for the last faction in the final dlc. But there might still be a chance that we will get some kind of a "final" campaign that inludes all factions, but on the other hand dlc's are optional so Triumph cannot ignore people who won't buy Invasions for instance.

I'd absolutely love a larger campaign for the final DLC, but taking into consideration that the campaigns in both DLCs for AoW3 were the same length (at least from the amount of maps, I feel like Eternal Lords was longer than Golden Realms but that may also be simply because I liked Eternal Lords more & played it more often), I don't really see that happening, sadly.

Call me an idiot but I somehow didn't register that the expansion is called "Invasions", cus we have more then one (kinda makes sense cause both Shakarn and Voidbringers are the invaders) :D

Btw I just had a strange thought that in some parallel universe the Lizardfolk from Triumph are making a game in which the Invaders against remnants of Star Union are humans :D
Inspired by conspiracy theories about how alien mammalians from somewhere in the direction of the constellation that we call Leo have disguised themselves as lizardfolk and taken over the government? :p

They look more like the Crises from Stellaris. Threats that emerge and must be deal with to prevent extinction :)

What worries me a little, is that it's just one "crisis" instead of the thee different ones that can occur in Stellaris, or the fourth one of "None" if you don't get the RNG trigger. You never know what will happen in late Stellaris. But there are 4X games where you always know it's coming and it's just one crisis, like the Chaos invasion in TW Warhammer 1.

I'm simultaneously excited to see how the mechanic works, but also wary that it might lead to a predictable end game. So I hope there is an option to turn it off when setting up a new game.

What worries me a little, is that it's just one "crisis" instead of the thee different ones that can occur in Stellaris, or the fourth one of "None" if you don't get the RNG trigger. You never know what will happen in late Stellaris. But there are 4X games where you always know it's coming and it's just one crisis, like the Chaos invasion in TW Warhammer 1.

If it's like "in turn 50 spawn 3 stacks of set units 15 hexes from every player capital" than it will indeed become predictable and boring, but lets hope Triumph gave it more thought.

If it's like "in turn 50 spawn 3 stacks of set units 15 hexes from every player capital" than it will indeed become predictable and boring, but lets hope Triumph gave it more thought.

They already hinted on "fight them or be enslaved" so if anything this would suggest there are at least two ways you can approach it. Maybe the "enslave" variant works that your units get some unique buffs/special abilities. Or maybe it's actually a new Secret Tech?

So IIRC this is the 2nd Planetfall trailer that uses CGI (the other one was the first trailer of the game). CGI is expensive to make so hopefully this means that Planetfall is in good financial state.

So IIRC this is the 2nd Planetfall trailer that uses CGI (the other one was the first trailer of the game). CGI is expensive to make so hopefully this means that Planetfall is in good financial state.

Maybe it's more about time then financial condition? That said I think they're in a good spot, Planetfall is statistically the best selling game in the franchise and I think recent promotions also boost the sales even further...

They already hinted on "fight them or be enslaved" so if anything this would suggest there are at least two ways you can approach it. Maybe the "enslave" variant works that your units get some unique buffs/special abilities.
Joining them is the facto loosing game so in normal conditions You would never do that. But lets assume You are loosing hard. You can sell Your body and soul to make loose everybody! Maybe even some operations or quests to quicken theyre arrival!
Can You imagine those narrative possibilities? Weak player decides that "If I can't have it nobody will", Other players allied to repell invasion and backstabing one another when beliving that invasion is delt with. Sometimes assuming wrong and doing it too quick. And not in some special scenario. Potentialy in every game!
The possibilities are incredible but what is it really like? How Triumph did it. I'm excited and worried at the same time...

Last edited:
Things are looking grim for post Star-Union. Two powerful Invasions at once.

On a side note I wonder what is the narrative between Psynumbra nad Voidbringers. Both seem to be wanting to destroy everything so maybe they'll cope? :D

I'm also interested to see if Shakarn are really all about conquering... like with Kir'ko maybe they will split into two factions? One that wants to conquer everything, and one that might want to have a different approach? We know they infiltrated the system earlier so maybe some of them decided to work with the ones they were originally against (members of SU)?

Or there will be a standard "together against common enemy (Voidbringers)" story trope...

Age of Wonders: Planetfall

where did you know this?

I don't know the exact number of overall copies sold, what I meant with this is that it sales well. According to Steamspy it has much less owners then AoW 3 for now, but you gotta take into account that many players could have secured a copy after various promotions that went on through the years. Planetfall is not even a full year on the market so it will still sale more, plus you gotta remember it's also available on consoles. Paradox should be happy with the sales, but will it convince them to order more content from Triumph I cannot say...

• 1Like
Reactions:
YEEEEAH!

Space Lizards/Dragons/Nagas it is!

YES YES YES!

EDIT: I can't belive how well I predicted this (sorry for boasting)

- I predicted space cats or lizards
- I predicted some kind of mind-flayer/enslaving faction and we get Voidbringers

My other prediction was "cryo" damage channel, alas we're getting "sound" channel. Why didn't I think of that? (and anyone on this forums to that matter if I recall)
Do I have to buy the update to get these features?