[Dev Team] 2.7.2 Beta Patch Released (checksum 2dec)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In SP its easier yes, but what bout MP??
You don't need to do this. Just transfer all ships to a new fleet and delete the old fleet.
Yeah, I can confirm that your fix works. It's how I fix it, by splitting the bugged fleet, moving the admiral, then merging them: New fleet, new fleet queue, the ghost ships are gone and you can fix the template.

It sucks, but once you know about the workaround, this bug isn't gamebreaking by any measure.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What about the AI's inability to see the need for amenities? Conquered quite a few planets sitting on 20 or more amenities below need.
Would this perhaps be why AI empires in my games seem to spawn 2-4 rebellion empires every game?

Yeah, I can confirm that your fix works. It's how I fix it, by splitting the bugged fleet, moving the admiral, then merging them: New fleet, new fleet queue, the ghost ships are gone and you can fix the template.

It sucks, but once you know about the workaround, this bug isn't gamebreaking by any measure.
There's a separate Transfer Ships button that might work faster. Just click through all the ship classes (not individual ships) at the top of the transfer screen and it'll auto-move the admiral as well once the new fleet has more ships.

But definitely would like to see the UI fleet manager fixed one day.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Would this perhaps be why AI empires in my games seem to spawn 2-4 rebellion empires every game?

There's a separate Transfer Ships button that might work faster. Just click through all the ship classes (not individual ships) at the top of the transfer screen and it'll auto-move the admiral as well once the new fleet has more ships.

But definitely would like to see the UI fleet manager fixed one day.
Thanks for this suggestion. I´m just about to start a new game and will try this.

Please fix the transports reverting to passive, makes wars in late game unbearable, specially in systems infested by habitats

• 2Like
Reactions:
* Fixed a case where the Great Khan could be both dead and not dead at the same time.

Ah, yes. The infamous Schrödinger's Khan.

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Oh man... I think this is the highest-concentration of quality improvements per time in Stellaris that I've ever seen.

The good:
  • Lag is way down again. End-game is quite playable.
  • AI fleets are actually a threat past 100 years again.
  • Incoming Diplo messages no longer jump to the front of everything, closing every window you had and stealing focus!
  • Fixed the market exploit.
  • A bunch of other bugfixes mentioned.
The less-good:
  • The new edict system is... not great. Not the fault of this patch in particular, but too many of the new edicts are just bad. Between the high costs and severely underwhelming benefits of so many edicts, plus the outright loss of a lot of the good edicts... and the crippling cost of the edict cap ("sure, get 10% more out of your scientists - not +10% research speed like before, just a scientist output boost. It'll crash your energy economy and make your techs cost 20% more, but that's totally worth it, right...?")... yeah, I'm not loving it.
  • Still got a bunch of de-syncs (PLANET_MODIFIER, mostly).
  • Still got a few crash-to-desktop (Steam on Ubuntu).
  • AI still is pretty dumb about using its fleets.
Honestly, though, this is an amazing quality update for a mere three days after the last one, fixing bugs both old and new. I wish some of the fixes had come sooner, but I am very pleased to see so many fixes (actually major, high-impact ones, even) on such a short turn-around time. Well done!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Please fix the transports reverting to passive, makes wars in late game unbearable, specially in systems infested by habitats
It's not just that... the transports immediately launch again, and revert to Passive. Then, say, 1 cruiser at 25% hull shows up, running from a fight where you kicked its fleet's ass. It immediately combat-locks your transports and starts shooting them down.
  • They don't land back on the planet.
  • They don't run away.
  • They don't invade another planet.
  • They don't even just sit there being passive!
No, they get combat-locked so you can't control them, and then they literally fly in circles until they withdraw or die. It's possibly the stupidest thing in the game. Too dumb to run, too dumb to hit the dirt, too dumb to carry out their duty absent explicit orders, too dumb to take orders.

I know people like to joke about jarheads being idiots, but this is really a bit much. Does one of the devs just really, REALLY hate marines and/or the army, or something?

Reactions:

U can simply reload game and this disappear.
The problem is, resources and time spent for building disappear too. So when u need to quickly reinforce ur fleets and kill incoming enemy, u press reinforce button, and after a while u notice, that half of ur ships just disappear. So enemy kills u.
Lost my previous game because of that. So it is quite gamebreaking, especially in late, when ship building is expensive and time consuming.

Hello everyone!
I know the edicts have been reworked, but I used to have a research grants edict, that's no longer present, is that intended or has it been gated behind a building or tech? I checked the patch notes for both 2.7.2 and 2.7.1 but didn't see a specific reference to it.

It also for some reason showed me the patch notes for 2.6, even though I upgraded from 2.6.3 ?

Last edited:
Oh man... I think this is the highest-concentration of quality improvements per time in Stellaris that I've ever seen.

<snip>

Honestly, though, this is an amazing quality update for a mere three days after the last one, fixing bugs both old and new. I wish some of the fixes had come sooner, but I am very pleased to see so many fixes (actually major, high-impact ones, even) on such a short turn-around time. Well done!

This patch is really really good. It's just a shame they couldn't have noticed the pretty-damn-obvious performance and energy-buying bugs three days ago and delayed the previous patch till they were fixed. What should be unconditional praise instead leaves a pretty bad taste in the mouth.

Not to mention the free weekend bringing in new players who won't know that they need to specifically opt-in to the playable version of the game.

Reactions:
Please tell me that the fleet manager ghost recruiting bug fix be apart of final 2.7.2?

Also "encourage AI allied fleet to follow" seriously needs to be fixed because it doesn't work at all. This is a huge issue and really limits tactical maneuvering , i think this whole system needs to be redone and properly addressed. I think it would be a good idea to have a system where you can assign an AI fleet to dedicate follow one of your fleet or something similar to that. But a total rework and option to implement a joint strategy with allied AI fleets would be very valuable fix and addition.

Also the AI offense is severely lacking in that i have seen the AI attack as it should but then just sits in a system for days on end wasting time when it would make more sense to keep attacking especially when the enemy fleets are all in my land attacking me!

I know the edicts have been reworked, but I used to have a research grants edict, that's no longer present, is that intended or has it been gated behind a building or tech? I checked the patch notes for both 2.7.2 and 2.7.1 but didn't see a specific reference to it.

It also for some reason showed me the patch notes for 2.6, even though I upgraded from 2.6.3 ?
Its in the discovery tree to the left side.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's not just that... the transports immediately launch again, and revert to Passive. Then, say, 1 cruiser at 25% hull shows up, running from a fight where you kicked its fleet's ass. It immediately combat-locks your transports and starts shooting them down.
  • They don't land back on the planet.
  • They don't run away.
  • They don't invade another planet.
  • They don't even just sit there being passive!
No, they get combat-locked so you can't control them, and then they literally fly in circles until they withdraw or die. It's possibly the stupidest thing in the game. Too dumb to run, too dumb to hit the dirt, too dumb to carry out their duty absent explicit orders, too dumb to take orders.

I know people like to joke about jarheads being idiots, but this is really a bit much. Does one of the devs just really, REALLY hate marines and/or the army, or something?
They should create a new stance for transports that causes them to beeline the nearest enemy planet in the system when engaged. If there is no planet in the system it acts like it normally does.

There seems to be a surplus of influence now. I usually don't conquer but simply vassalize ai empires and I stop building habitats when I already have 20+ so I'm stuck having max influence.

Reactions:
I'm on GOG so waiting for the patch.

One thing I was very disappointed to find in 2.7.1 is that the ring-world models are broken again, at least for the Lithoid variant. This has been a pet peeve of mine since I started playing back in 2.1.x and it was apparently fixed in 2.6.3 but seemingly broken again in 2.7.1.

The problem is that the ring-world segments don't draw the atmosphere or terrain properly so it looks like the ring-world segment is unfinished. It looked SO much better when playing 2.6.3, so now I've seen how glorious ring-worlds look I can't go back to that crap version in 2.7.1 or before 2.6.3. Has anyone started a new game in 2.7.2 and seen the ring-worlds with the neat rotating atmospheres?

Another problem is that the 4 closest defense platforms clip right through the main starbase as it rotates, which looks pretty terrible...perhaps it is just the lithoid models that have this problem.

Reactions:
Couple of bugs that I've come across,

1. Galactic community continues to propose things that have already been passed. Was previously just sanctions but now seems to be other things as well.

2. Locking a chosen pop type for production on planets does not save when you reload a save file.

Reactions:
Not sure this is the right place to put this idea but perhaps the devs will see it. Rumor has it that there is some form of Espionage DLC in the future, this would be a great time to add some form of stealth ships as an end game tech. make it so they are undetectable unless they attack you and they can pass through ftl inhibitors. They would have to be coded to not attack unless you tell them to. they'd have to have some serious weaknesses or a hard counter to balance them but it'd be interesting to see if it could work. They could have some effect that makes it so they cannot have shields because the cloaking field interferes with the shield generators and they'd have to be quite slow to make them not be the new meta.
i got the idea from my recent play through of Planetfall, so naturally my idea of a counter is based on the detection system, perhaps making the listening post starbase module worth its weight in alloys by allowing it to see cloaked ships. and making the survielence array able to see cloaked ships would make it well worth its cost to build or fix.
sorry for the rambling

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not sure this is the right place to put this idea but perhaps the devs will see it. Rumor has it that there is some form of Espionage DLC in the future, this would be a great time to add some form of stealth ships as an end game tech. make it so they are undetectable unless they attack you and they can pass through ftl inhibitors. They would have to be coded to not attack unless you tell them to. they'd have to have some serious weaknesses or a hard counter to balance them but it'd be interesting to see if it could work. They could have some effect that makes it so they cannot have shields because the cloaking field interferes with the shield generators and they'd have to be quite slow to make them not be the new meta.
i got the idea from my recent play through of Planetfall, so naturally my idea of a counter is based on the detection system, perhaps making the listening post starbase module worth its weight in alloys by allowing it to see cloaked ships. and making the survielence array able to see cloaked ships would make it well worth its cost to build or fix.
sorry for the rambling

It has been rumoured for years for Stellaris. Also been rumoured for years for EU4. I wouldnt get my hopes up for anything regarding Stellaris.

The game they planned to make before the game were even released is still quite far from what we have now 4 years later. In some regards the game have even regressed.

Better hope Stellaris 2 is in development if you want some larger changes.

Reactions: