• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The dividend of peace is often too late.

The dividend of peace is often too late.
At that election, all candidates was about equal in votes for some reason...

People would like to forget the hardship of war and the ones who caused it.
Too true. Double true with what happens in the next update...
A victory for the Velutarians, and sweeping changes to the fabric of society on the horizon as well.
Indeed the changes will be huge! :oops:

Report on Commissary-General Fabiana Martin of Velutarian Free Confederacy’s reign
Report on Commissary-General Fabiana Martin of Velutarian Free Confederacy’s reign

(2392 - 2412)

By Chief Chronicler Henrik Fårheus

Shortly after the start of Commissary-General Fabiana Martin, a robot uprising happened in the United Bilnoc Polity. Systems next to the border of the Free Confederacy was suddenly under the robotic rebels’ control, and parts of the Velutarian society, including the previous Commissary-General urged Martin to take advantage of the situation and invade the robots, who were slowly losing ground to the Bilnoc masters. However, the Commissary-General reminded all that she was elected on a platform of peace for the coming decade and that she was committed to hold that promise.

T3YH0zr.png

Instead, she initiated a massive infrastructure buildup within the Confederacy, both on planets and in space. In space several gateways were constructed, to ease travel times within the now enormous Free Confederacy.

She also started the integration of the Fareen Accord into the Velutarian Free Confederacy proper, citing a wish for all species and subjects to be under one, big, united umbrella.

But while peace was paramount to her, the military did not go wanting. A massive naval buildup was done, considerably enlarging the already potent Velutarian military machine. After reelection in 2402, where she hinted it was time to educate the Bilnoc on who was the real master of the galactic north – they had been increasingly uppity on both the diplomatic front and on border skirmishes. And after her reelection, she demanded outright the Bilnoc submitted to the Free Confederacy as vassals. They refused. War it was.

The war went smoothly for the first three years. System after system fell, as did planets. People at home began to speak of a soonish peace settlement. Then three Bilnoc navies converged on one of the Confederacy’s, giving them a 1:2 advantage. On their soil. The Confederate fleet lost badly.

Meanwhile, the huge undertaking to make the Velutarian species synthetic and immortal was finishing. The second of March 2404, the Synthetic Age was finally upon the Velutarian. The new, immortal and synthetic species was named Bionic Velutarian, or Bionics for short.

ML7Ae50.png

V7oOD5I.png

The Jess’Inax Watchers, spiritual as they are, were less than impressed. Speaking of the need to stop the Bionic madness, it raised a few (mechanic) eyebrows and made some people uncomfortable. Their might was immense, their fleets equal to the Free Confederacy in size, but immensely more advanced.

Qhyy7VE.png

In the war, the tide had yet again turned, and the Bilnoc was fleeing, new systems and planets occupied. Their navies obliterated. Closing in on an election again, with no peace reached, the Commissary-General was in a precarious situation. The war was in reality won five years ago when the election came, but the Bilnoc refused to give in, even though almost all their and their allies’ empires were under occupation.

5gZ2JqQ.png

0IiT22d.png

Trying to prove her worth, the Commissary-General ordered the construction of a megastructure; the science nexus – promising a new age of discovery and scientific leaps. The public was not impressed. She did not get a third term, her predecessor elected in again with a landslide. This time, the opponent was the one promising peace. And peace on the Free Confederacy’s terms.

Science Nexus is one of my favorite megastructures. But then I tend to liek science

The transformation is complete. Only Metal Endures!

Looks like the war against the Bilnocs is going well, though I can definitely understand the general populace growing tired of the long, hard slog it has taken to bring them to heel.

It seems like Commissary-General Martin was caught between a rock and a hard place. There weren't many ways that term in office could have ended well, given the platform of peace she was elected on. Hopefully that Science Nexus will seal her legacy long after she vacates the office.

Former rulers can still get things done after losing power, you know. Real life is full of such people and deeds. (Tomiichi Murayama, Jimmy Carter, Mikhail Gorbachev, I'm looking at you three)

Science Nexus is one of my favorite megastructures. But then I tend to liek science
Me too!
The transformation is complete. Only Metal Endures!

Looks like the war against the Bilnocs is going well, though I can definitely understand the general populace growing tired of the long, hard slog it has taken to bring them to heel.
It had at this time lasted a full decade. It will last fifteen. This is the bug I mentioned where they never gave up because of claims I didn’t control - but I did.
It seems like Commissary-General Martin was caught between a rock and a hard place. There weren't many ways that term in office could have ended well, given the platform of peace she was elected on. Hopefully that Science Nexus will seal her legacy long after she vacates the office.

Former rulers can still get things done after losing power, you know. Real life is full of such people and deeds. (Tomiichi Murayama, Jimmy Carter, Mikhail Gorbachev, I'm looking at you three)
Yeah, quite true. This war should’ve been easy, they were inferior to me. Yet the bug ruined it. :(

Important news: The next update will be the last in this AAR. I dunno why, the game was slow lately, but now when I opened it today it was horrible. It took 4-5 seconds for each DAY, from perhaps 30 seconds for a month last time I played. I had planned the AAR to end in not so far a future, but this meant I *SPOILER*, which I had planned as an ending point. ;) Update probably in two days or so, I'm going away tomorrow. :)

This was played in 2.5.x I assume, before Federations? If so, yes, the slowdown is enormous in the endgame. Should be better with 2.6/2.7.

No, it's played with Federations and the patch that came with it. I hadn't played for a few days when I started it up yesterday and the sudden slowdown was extreme. Perhaps some update messed things up?

I know 2.7.1 caused a performance drop. There is an open betapatch 2.7.2 that fixes it. If you don't like betas you can wait a couple of days until it's an official patch (end of the week or maybe next week would be my guess).

i highly recommend gigastructural engineering for your next AAR, it's an amazing mod with so much potential for RP , if you choose to use it do not build the psionic Hyper siphon, bad things will happen

i highly recommend gigastructural engineering for your next AAR, it's an amazing mod with so much potential for RP , if you choose to use it do not build the psionic Hyper siphon, bad things will happen

As someone who is planning to incorporate the Hypersiphon into their own Stellaris story, I can confirm that this Gigastructure will open a big can of WTF on your Galaxy.

they really should make it so the ai can't build the damned thing. Unbidden 100 years early can easily crush you no matter how good you are at the game, i like to set the crisis to 2400 so i have plenty of time to muck around with gigastructures before the end-game, but then one of the bonehead AIs builds it and then suddenly... UNBIDDEN SHOW UP and destroy half the galaxy. if it weren't for the rubbish crisis ai i would have lost that game. it still caused an enormous amount of stress and i had to spend forever using cheap tactics and attack moon spam to beat them.

there is an option to disable it and it is pretty much mandatory to do so unless you want to build it yourself, not worth the risk otherwise, hell i'd still say it's not worth the risk anyways since that although the bonuses it gives are awesome, the risk of that kind of insanity just isn't worth it.i imagine this thing is the bane of multiplayer people's lives.

sorry for the rant on this otherwise fabulous AAR

I know 2.7.1 caused a performance drop. There is an open betapatch 2.7.2 that fixes it. If you don't like betas you can wait a couple of days until it's an official patch (end of the week or maybe next week would be my guess).
I could check it out. But right now except for taking on the fallen empires, I've pretty much done it all. :)

As someone who is planning to incorporate the Hypersiphon into their own Stellaris story, I can confirm that this Gigastructure will open a big can of WTF on your Galaxy.
they really should make it so the ai can't build the damned thing. Unbidden 100 years early can easily crush you no matter how good you are at the game, i like to set the crisis to 2400 so i have plenty of time to muck around with gigastructures before the end-game, but then one of the bonehead AIs builds it and then suddenly... UNBIDDEN SHOW UP and destroy half the galaxy. if it weren't for the rubbish crisis ai i would have lost that game. it still caused an enormous amount of stress and i had to spend forever using cheap tactics and attack moon spam to beat them.

there is an option to disable it and it is pretty much mandatory to do so unless you want to build it yourself, not worth the risk otherwise, hell i'd still say it's not worth the risk anyways since that although the bonuses it gives are awesome, the risk of that kind of insanity just isn't worth it.i imagine this thing is the bane of multiplayer people's lives.

sorry for the rant on this otherwise fabulous AAR

Interesting. :) I have bad experiences with AARs and miss though. Previously I could choose to update or not, but with the new, horrible steam mods system I can't stop mods from updating. Which means new patches cannot be rolled back if they make problems, as the mods update anyways. It sucks.

And by all means CrazyJ, I love the discussion. :) Keep it coming.

if you want to run a modded series it is possible to run stellaris with mods installed without the internet being enabled, no internet, no mod update, no problems. 99% effectiveness. best to run it on a seperate computer to your normal computer you go gonline with though, it's pretty easy to forget to disable your internet connection before steam turns on
oh and elowiny(gigastructures dev) has a long standing habit of making his mod backwards compatibles with different game versions and when not possible, (pre 2,2, pre 2.0) he makes compatibility versions for those specific versions of the game

if you want to run a modded series it is possible to run stellaris with mods installed without the internet being enabled, no internet, no mod update, no problems. 99% effectiveness. best to run it on a seperate computer to your normal computer you go gonline with though, it's pretty easy to forget to disable your internet connection before steam turns on
oh and elowiny(gigastructures dev) has a long standing habit of making his mod backwards compatibles with different game versions and when not possible, (pre 2,2, pre 2.0) he makes compatibility versions for those specific versions of the game
Heh, that is not possible for me. The desktop computer is the only PC I have that is usable for the game. Seems a bit cumbersome, especially when this was a non issue with older Paradox games. :)