Duplicate [3.0.2] [91c1] - Troop transports do not maintain stance (e.g., aggressive, evasive) after invasion

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

D-9031

Corporal
27 Badges
Apr 9, 2020
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
Description
[3.0.2] [91c1] Troop transports do not keep their stance after invasion

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
All expansions

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Troop transports that have the aggressive stance (or evasive stance) will revert back to passive stance after invading a planet. They should remain on their set stance after an invasion.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Set any transport's stance to aggressive or evasive
2. Invade a planet using the transport
3. After invasion, the transport's stance will be passive

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Aggressive/passive stance is a property of a ship. And transport ships are effectively destroyed when armies land and recreated when they embark. Because of that, they'll be reverting to default state (this includes hull/armor/shields if they somehow got damaged, jump-drive cooldown, etc.) everytime you finish invasion.

I'm not sure it is even possible under the current game state to preserve transport's state throughout the invasion cycle. maybe in some future update...

Reactions:
Aggressive/passive stance is a property of a ship. And transport ships are effectively destroyed when armies land and recreated when they embark. Because of that, they'll be reverting to default state (this includes hull/armor/shields if they somehow got damaged, jump-drive cooldown, etc.) everytime you finish invasion.

I'm not sure it is even possible under the current game state to preserve transport's state throughout the invasion cycle. maybe in some future update...
Before 2.6.0, transport ships kept their stance after invasion. So it is possible, just got broken somehow.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Maybe I didn't notice it back then. Landing armies definitely reset jump-drive in 2.6.3 (haven't had a chance to play with armies in 2.7 yet).
Landing always did reset their Jump Drive; pretty sure there are few of bugreports on the issue buried somewhere around here... dating, probably, all the way to 1.0 - never got "fixed". For a relatively brief period before 2.6, however, armies retained their aggressive stance after landing, making war micro a bit easier. Would love to see it working again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks, issue already reported :cool:.

This is the first time this bug has been reported for 2.7.1. I'm just wondering if a dev has acknowledged this bug before?

This has been going since 2.6.

This issue was reported plenty before since version 2.6 more or less.

But have the devs acknowledged this bug?

Tbh, I don't know/remember about any post from them about this issue in particular.

They usually reply if they add it to their database, and I haven't seen it.

A lack of an official reply doesn't mean that an issue is not already reported.

Reactions: