Two quick questions DLC and Steam related

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BrokenTusk

Recruit
49 Badges
May 20, 2019
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Age of Wonders
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
So during this sale it's cheaper to buy the Mercenary Collection than it is to buy the season pass. Now, I backed them on Kickstarter so I have the base game and the shadow hawk DLC. My first question is Can I gift the base game to a friend using the Steam code?
Second question is Is the DLC worth it? I' see a lot of negative/mixed reviews on Steam so I'm not sure.

So during this sale it's cheaper to buy the Mercenary Collection than it is to buy the season pass. Now, I backed them on Kickstarter so I have the base game and the shadow hawk DLC. My first question is Can I gift the base game to a friend using the Steam code?
Second question is Is the DLC worth it? I' see a lot of negative/mixed reviews on Steam so I'm not sure.

I don't know about the first question. Gifting certain parts of a package I don't think is possible, but again don't know and haven't tried.

As for the DLCs, I think they are 100% worth it.

The main draw for me is the Flashpoints. I really like playing the open Career Mode and the Flashpoints from the DLCs allow for story telling and mini campaigns to play (also available post campaign in Campaign Mode,). Also the new Urban Biome is just cool. Plus the new mechs are fun as well.

I'd recommend the game with the Season Pass to any new player (even more so if it is on sale). I think it really adds a lot to the game.

• 4Like
Reactions:
The DLCs are definitely worth it, Steam reviews should be taken with a cartload of salt - you have people with 1,000+ hours giving a thumbs-down review...

• 4Like
Reactions:
So I went ahead and bought the mercenary collection and no it's just one steam key instead of base game + season pass key

That's good to know.

I think you will really like the Season Pass content. The Flashpoints especially are fun.

If you haven't checked the DLC's have made changes to the base campaign. URBAN WARFARE can really spice up misssions. Wait until you try some of the major game mods. Have fun!!