DH 1.05.1: How to Supply USA Troops in England

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

winterharvest

Second Lieutenant
4 Badges
Feb 11, 2004
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
USA had troops in England to invade Continental Europe in May 1944 but they repeatedly signaled out of supply. USA had plentiful supplies, fuel and transports but was unable to ship to any port in England. Was able to invade using airborne, marines, armor, infantry, TACs, and IntFs. It works, but seems to be a kludge. Is there a way to supply USA troops in England?

Actually I had tried to create a convoy of fuel and supplies to UK for free but did not see an increase in the supplies to UK. Also I had only Tacs, Interceptors, Transport planes, and paratroopers in England. I supplied my other invasion troops in convoys from Boston. The invasion was successful but I could not move far from the beach because it took so long to transport troops from Boston. In the past I had moved all my other invasion troops from Boston to Iceland to shorten the invasion distance but hoped that there was a way to station them in England. Will probably go back to my old method using Iceland.

Last edited:
When you have troops in allied territory, they are supplied by that ally, not by you. So in your case, The UK was supplying the US troops and seemingly had no supplies or oil in their stockpiles left. If you were playing as the US, giving supplies and oil to the UK would have solved this.

Reactions:
From a gameplay perspective and to avoid this, i capture a small island somewhere before using it as my main center for moving units. Dont bother deploying units to the UK since the AI will never be able to supply them all. Bombers though, that's ok.

When you have troops in allied territory, they are supplied by that ally, not by you. So in your case, The UK was supplying the US troops and seemingly had no supplies or oil in their stockpiles left. If you were playing as the US, giving supplies and oil to the UK would have solved this.
Yep, Negotiations diplomacy. Whenever playing as a major I can't help but beef up my allies stocks doing so, but it brings up a question on the "Help allies" option in the trade management screen. If I need my troops based at an allied port to be supplied, seems like a trade deal could be made to give free supplies to the ally, done automatically, but then that ally would need to be prioritizing to supply armies.

The AI cancels deals all the time for absolutely no reason. Ive had deals as US where i give UK 500 supplies and oil per day and those jackasses cancel them themselves, only to then lack said resources to fuel their own planes, much less my bombers. When that happens i say screw it, go to the savefile and give them free 500 supplies and oil forever. Its not a simple solution but at least it works.

Reactions:
The AI cancels deals all the time for absolutely no reason. Ive had deals as US where i give UK 500 supplies and oil per day and those jackasses cancel them themselves, only to then lack said resources to fuel their own planes, much less my bombers. When that happens i say screw it, go to the savefile and give them free 500 supplies and oil forever. Its not a simple solution but at least it works.
Nothing is ever free. The guys in the UK felt really bad about taking from workers in the USA. :) Negotiations is a bit more tactical in that it takes two weeks if I remember to send another drop of shipments.

Reactions: