• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

michal199108

Recruit
Jun 2, 2016
Hey, i just bought HoI2 compleat steam version. When i start the game im gething a black screen and when im click the mouse button i just get a message that the game is not responding. I was looking for a solution to this in many places but i did not find anything. Does someone know how to fix this? I tryed to run it in all compability modes i have. (I have win 10) Sorry for my english xD :D

If it is the steam version, first use their in-menu check to verify your local game files if everything has been downloaded in working condition. If not Steam will download damaged or missing files again.

I did, all files are good.

Have you installed the game in C:\Programs..?
If so the game - as any older game - expects to have writing rights in it’s own directory as it would have in Windows XP, but any newer operating system denies it that at this folder.
If so, try to lauch the game with administrator rights or deinstall and install at another location. Mine for example is
G:\Paradox\Hearts of Iron 2