• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Hi!

After discovering a minor potential securty problem we decided to patch the game to correct it.

Patch notes:
- Fixed additional Lua vulnerabilities

This should not change anything noticeable for you in your game. But there is the small possibility that mods you are using may be utilizing the security flaw in a non-malicious way and may therefore stop working with this patch.

If that's the case, you can revert your game version by right clicking the game in Steam -> properties -> BETAS and select the "3.04-no_security_fix..." version. Please note that you do that on your own risk! That version does contain a known security flaw!

Enjoy!

• 10Like
Reactions:
Thank you for the information and that it can theoretcially influence mods compatibility.
Good to know.
6jqFBQI.gif

Reactions:
Sadly, no fix for Izmit's life rating. All it needs is a single newline at the end of Izmit's history/provinces/ file, so its life rating is properly read as 35 instead of 3.

Reactions:
Sadly, no fix for Izmit's life rating. All it needs is a single newline at the end of Izmit's history/provinces/ file, so its life rating is properly read as 35 instead of 3.

Ah, good to know. Forgot about that one.
Just for info, life_rating of a province is also possible to edit in the save file, close to the end of the 862= section for Izmit.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi!

After discovering a minor potential securty problem we decided to patch the game to correct it.

Patch notes:

Enjoy!

Just one point for the non-Steam owners of this game, have you got a manual download link ?

You had offered a download in the security update post in feburary

I suppose @RELee could be thankful.
rM9OCeS.gif

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey! I'm hip, dude! Been playing Vicky2 on Steam for a while now. (Got lazy when I turned 65)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey! I'm hip, dude! Been playing Vicky2 on Steam for a while now. (Got lazy when I turned 65)

Oi, sorry. Would have never....

There is likely still someone else, I mean one or two..
Even if you feel bad about it.
8YahOJf.gif

Reactions:
Is there standalone patch download somewhere for non-Steam/physical versions? GamersGate at least has just version which claims to be 3.02 for HoD.
See the according stickied threads for 3.03 and 3.04.

The security fix in february also has a download link in its thread, but this one hasn't yet got one.... *ahem* @BjornB
Unless the link provided in the earlier thread got updated, but i can't see or say that.

Hi!

Patch notes:

This should not change anything noticeable for you in your game. But there is the small possibility that mods you are using may be utilizing the security flaw in a non-malicious way and may therefore stop working with this patch.

If that's the case, you can revert your game version by right clicking the game in Steam -> properties -> BETAS and select the "3.04-no_security_fix..." version. Please note that you do that on your own risk! That version does contain a known security flaw!

Enjoy!

As I haven't played in ages all I have is my gamersgate version. Is there some method to convert that to steam?

• 1Like
Reactions:
As I haven't played in ages all I have is my gamersgate version. Is there some method to convert that to steam?
Best advice I can give, since I've not heard anything, is to try the Paradox Helpdesk. Expand my signature for the link.

Reactions:
What's the Checksum for the security-patched version?
Just installed V2 on a new Win10 machine, and get VKEW
Is this correct?

Should be WNVU.
The security patches didn't change the checksum.

VKEW is 3.03 I think
For 3.04, in Steam on the left menu right click V2 -> Properties -> Betas -> opt into beta_3.04 for WNVU

No.
3.03 was NSPY.
Default version on Steam is 3.04 (WNVU), so no need to drop into a 'Beta'.

VKEW is likely caused by a bad installation.

Last edited: