• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The sicons of the mastermind behind forcing the Darnadells? I think not, perhaps some sort of futuristic semi-robotic Joseph Chamberlain?
Joseph Chamberlain, resurrected using the most advanced technology in order to heroically fix the startling trade deficit with the ailens by instituting tariff reform. ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
You fool Dragon! :mad: The top of the page update spot! Did El Pip pay you for this to buy himself more time, did he promise to dig a tunnel for you at a highly competitive rate? This will require questions in the house! Possibly a royal commission!

;)

• 1Haha
Reactions:
You fool Dragon! :mad: The top of the page update spot! Did El Pip pay you for this to buy himself more time, did he promise to dig a tunnel for you at a highly competitive rate? This will require questions in the house! Possibly a royal commission!

;)
Questions must be asked! Investgations must be launched! Answers are needed!

Reactions:
Ancient proverb say: fight fire with fire.

In this case, spam with more spam.

Reactions:
There could be an update in that you know... Covering the state of all manner of tinned meats eaten in the UK and her empire ITTL. From spam to Fray Bentos to add some South American flavour. What fills that galleys of the battleships, carriers and subs? Who knows!

Last edited:
Reactions:
Notable in physics, notable in physics!

Physicists don't care or understand business or anything that reeks of that filthy muggle practice of the practical that is engineering.
Until they need some of their experimental machinery fixed.
DYAEiOu.gif

We'll leave the hypothetical physics to a future Stelaris El Pip AAR. Imagine the longevity of a Stelaris AAR with a similar game time to real time ratio to this one. :p

Ignore me, don't get distracted! Still, the British empire in space, perhaps with a Flashmanesque main character...;)
I can recommend the Chronicles of Isambard Smith, more comedy than serious but it has the British Space Empire, dreadnoughts, moral fibre and people saying "The Tea Must Flow". What more could you ask for?

By the time we even get to that we'd be on the fifth generation. A Churchill family dynasty in space does sound fun though.
The sicons of the mastermind behind forcing the Darnadells? I think not, perhaps some sort of futuristic semi-robotic Joseph Chamberlain?
The Churchill's are very variable. For every Randolph you have a Soames. That said the peaks are mighty indeed, so you could luck out and get a 1st Duke of Marlborough, a man who I am sure would tear through Deep Space like a knife through a scone.
Z3wSg01.gif

Joseph Chamberlain, resurrected using the most advanced technology in order to heroically fix the startling trade deficit with the ailens by instituting tariff reform. ;)
The startling deficit caused by a quite expensive colonial war he probably started. ;)

;)
Questions must be asked! Investgations must be launched! Answers are needed!
All of those things, they will definitely distract people from asking about when the next update will come.... ( :D )

Ancient proverb say: fight fire with fire.
Many have lived by this proverb. They do not have long careers in the fire brigade.

There could be an update in that you know... Covering the state of all manner of tinned meats eaten in the UK and her empire ITTL. From spam to Fray Bentos to add some South American flavour. What fills that galleys of the battleships, carriers and subs? Who knows!
I have notes on this subject. ;)

As people have perhaps forgotten, it was ten years ago, the Affairs of Steak chapter ended threatening an Imperial Economic Conference to discuss, amongst other things, Imperial policy on South American beef including, but not limited to, Fray Bentos. This conference is coming and may yet feature cold (very cold) reefer shipping action and extreme scenes of tariff discussion that younger and more sensitive readers may find disturbing.

Update status; 1,800 words done and definitely shuffling towards the home stretch.

Reactions:
Thundering old boy, not shuffling!

Dare I ask what's next on the update itinerary once we have learned all there is to know of the chrysanthemum throne's plans for expansion? Not to mention the minutiae of Japanese internal scheming!

• 1Like
Reactions:

I wouldn't hold my breath. He covered it about a decade ago, called a conference on it and we still aren't up to that point in the timeline.

I swear pip was a senior civil servant in a previous life for the amount of 'here's a huge rich and derailed problem. Marvel at how far I can kick it down the line.'

Until they need some of their experimental machinery fixed.
DYAEiOu.gif

They prefer theoretical experimental machinery that only they know about.

Many have lived by this proverb. They do not have long careers in the fire brigade.

Because fire is one of the rare things where you actually can have the fire to end all fires (at least for a very long time)?

As people have perhaps forgotten, it was ten years ago, the Affairs of Steak chapter ended threatening an Imperial Economic Conference to discuss, amongst other things, Imperial policy on South American beef including, but not limited to, Fray Bentos. This conference is coming and may yet feature cold (very cold) reefer shipping action and extreme scenes of tariff discussion that younger and more sensitive readers may find disturbing.

Thus neatly tying us back to the derailing conversation we were having months ago about the smaller but potentially more interesting irish trade war that is still ongoing, how the british traded their shipyards for nothing in order to end it, what is a shipyard?, goodness doesn't Britain have many expensive naval projects in the next few decades, hey what happened to Spain?, hey what happened to japan?, tell us about japan

...you wanna hear about south amercian beef?

Reactions:
I had the whole thing plotted, and then I come back and we're halfway through the next page with replies of Spamalot... whew.

At this rate, the Redux will catch up with the main line of the story and be on the Director's Cut edition from Pip in order to avoid writing actual updates o_O;)

I of course stand ready to do my part, still. Ten posts, people. Ten, no more, no less. Nine thou shall not count unless thoust proceeds to ten. Eleven is RIGHT OUT (unless you're @El Pip )

• 1Haha
Reactions:
God I'd forgotten about redux, I thought it had been abandoned eventually, are there still new revisions being made? I might have another look at the early chapters.

• 1Like
Reactions:

Backburns are a perfectly legitimate firefighting tool.

At this rate, the Redux will catch up with the main line of the story and be on the Director's Cut edition from Pip in order to avoid writing actual updates o_O;)

At this rate we'll get a Blade Runner-like number of different Redux and other special editions.

Reactions:
Thundering old boy, not shuffling!

Dare I ask what's next on the update itinerary once we have learned all there is to know of the chrysanthemum throne's plans for expansion? Not to mention the minutiae of Japanese internal scheming!
After Japan I'm weighing up the following options;
  • Anglo-Sino-German relations and the Chinese concession system (possibly featuring Polish colonial policy)
  • Industrial Update
  • The much threatened big economic conference
The last two may end up being combined, depends how things go when I start writing them. Top one is just a while we are in the Far East might as well look at that strangeness, if I don't do it now it'll drift till.. some mysterious point in the future.

I wouldn't hold my breath. He covered it about a decade ago, called a conference on it and we still aren't up to that point in the timeline.

I swear pip was a senior civil servant in a previous life for the amount of 'here's a huge rich and derailed problem. Marvel at how far I can kick it down the line.'
And yet, yea of little faith, it may yet be the update after Japan.

Thus neatly tying us back to the derailing conversation we were having months ago about the smaller but potentially more interesting irish trade war that is still ongoing, how the british traded their shipyards for nothing in order to end it, what is a shipyard?, goodness doesn't Britain have many expensive naval projects in the next few decades, hey what happened to Spain?, hey what happened to japan?, tell us about japan

...you wanna hear about south amercian beef?
Butterfly is a wide winged beast and covers many topics, the price of such breadth is (amongst other things) a lack of immediate follow up on topics.

I had the whole thing plotted, and then I come back and we're halfway through the next page with replies of Spamalot... whew.

Now that's a cunning plan I hadn't previously thought of.... :D

I of course stand ready to do my part, still. Ten posts, people. Ten, no more, no less. Nine thou shall not count unless thoust proceeds to ten. Eleven is RIGHT OUT (unless you're @El Pip )
Everyone loves a Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference.
Z3wSg01.gif

God I'd forgotten about redux, I thought it had been abandoned eventually, are there still new revisions being made? I might have another look at the early chapters.
Nothing on Redux since Chapter XIV got fixed. I decided to prioritise finish Inevitable Defeat and actual proper Butterfly updates. When Slovakia is finally defeated I think I'll go back onto Redux.

Backburns are a perfectly legitimate firefighting tool.
There is probably a pedantic point around whether the backburn actually fight the fire or if the result of the backburn, along with other tools, does the actual fighting. But it's late and I've had a long day so I will concede the point. :)

At this rate we'll get a Blade Runner-like number of different Redux and other special editions.
The Director's Cut Special Final Edition will be when if I re-write Chapter II. That has an immense amount of vague handwaving that I probably can't justify if I'm honest, at which point the entire thing needs re-writing. I am incredibly unlikely to ever do that.

Reactions:
And yet, yea of little faith, it may yet be the update after Japan.

...that doesn't mean this year?

Edit: yes, chapter two. The papers about course on appeasement, at least with Italy because of their dirty chemical weapons that they definitely have...something something Winston Churchill, PM.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • Anglo-Sino-German relations and the Chinese concession system (possibly featuring Polish colonial policy)
  • Industrial Update
The last two may end up being combined, depends how things go when I start writing them. Top one is just a while we are in the Far East might as well look at that strangeness, if I don't do it now it'll drift till.. some mysterious point in the future.

I do look forward to the next trio of updates, then!

Now that's a cunning plan I hadn't previously thought of.... :D

Goddamnit... there I go, giving him a case of the Good Idea Fairies...

Everyone loves a Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference.
Z3wSg01.gif

I do my best.... to keep things moving along.

Nothing on Redux since Chapter XIV got fixed. I decided to prioritise finish Inevitable Defeat and actual proper Butterfly updates. When Slovakia is finally defeated I think I'll go back onto Redux.

The Director's Cut Special Final Edition will be when if I re-write Chapter II. That has an immense amount of vague handwaving that I probably can't justify if I'm honest, at which point the entire thing needs re-writing. I am incredibly unlikely to ever do that.

But, but, but... KING HAAKON. FJORDS. CONTINUE...

EDIT: four more posts! Don't be that guy! Or be the next three dudes... whichever.

Reactions:
  • Industrial Update

Polish colonial policy has my vote.

It would probably require much more work and much more reading than you have time to do right now, and I don't just say that because I'm lazy and don't want to feel guilty about not starting on my own AAR.

Reactions:
Ignore me, don't get distracted! Still, the British empire in space, perhaps with a Flashmanesque main character...;)

Flashman, or Flasheart?

'now lets sit around and talk about me till the shuttle arrives'

• 1Like
Reactions: