LIVE - BATTLETECH 1.9.1 Update Release Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
maybe update Steam?
and use the new UI

I refuse to use a lesser UI and the game worked fine until this update. I am merely stating this for others who may be wondering why their game is suddenly broken. If they are using the old UI, the game will not work and the reason for it is purely telemetry. I have already been notified that paradox and the developers refuse to support this issue to protect, what I feel, are their new telemetry practices. Again, this is just a PSA.

Guess I will never see the 1.9 and above game. That steam ui is garbage and if you research it, is a harvester. The game worked just find and then paradox got greedy for data and broke a good game. Sad :/

Guess I will never see the 1.9 and above game. That steam ui is garbage and if you research it, is a harvester. The game worked just find and then paradox got greedy for data and broke a good game. Sad :/
I disagree.

How are the stats on your computer? Are you running close to the margins?

If you mean me I get 144fps at ultra 1440p, excepting in instances where Unity Engine and dev failings cause issue. These failings are well documented. It is not a hardware issue, it is an issue of refusal to participate in these telemetry practices, which I believe they are unless a representative can post why there is code present in a video game that checks what Steam UI you are using at launch.

I am unwilling to give paradox any more information than I already have after this experience.

what info?
you obviously like paradox games
and you are posting on these forums
so that means you have a paradox account
go download the launcher and install BT

No were close to the margins. I can run it all maxed out with no problems. That is not the issue though.

Having the game check which ui being used is a ridiculously absurd reason to break a game.

mod it out?

Greetings Mechwarriors,

If you have a support request or bug info regarding this game please follow the link above.
If you have a complaint about, suggestion for, or issue regarding the Steam Client, please take it to the Steam support forum.
If you're not running the most recent Steam Client build: please update or use the PDX launcher.

This thread is for patch 1.9.1
Please stay on topic and please avoid redundancy, tangents, or derailment.

Thank you.

Edit: Reminder, publicly commenting on, replying to, or disregarding yellow text forum staff posts is against site rules.

My apologies for putting this here, but there seemed to be no other forum or thread that even came close to the matter I have on hand.

I contributed $50 - late backer - to the kickstarter campaign some years ago. I got the soundtrack - it is excellent, thank you very much - and the other bonuses tjat backers were to receive. However, the machine I had at the time was not capable of running the game; I was simply going to have to wait until the cash and opportunity came along to utilize what I had waiting.

That opportunity has finally come. I now have a machine with the capafity to run the online version, and, while I will never lose my love for the table-top, role-the-dice game, I would like to at least try out HBS' online efforts and see what is available.

The problem is I have no way of accessing, much less downloading, my account. Is there any way that a member, Moderator or Dev can indicate what the process is, and how this can be fulfilled? I express all gratitude for any directions that can be offered. All best.

My apologies for putting this here, but there seemed to be no other forum or thread that even came close to the matter I have on hand.

I contributed $50 - late backer - to the kickstarter campaign some years ago. I got the soundtrack - it is excellent, thank you very much - and the other bonuses tjat backers were to receive. However, the machine I had at the time was not capable of running the game; I was simply going to have to wait until the cash and opportunity came along to utilize what I had waiting.

That opportunity has finally come. I now have a machine with the capafity to run the online version, and, while I will never lose my love for the table-top, role-the-dice game, I would like to at least try out HBS' online efforts and see what is available.

The problem is I have no way of accessing, much less downloading, my account. Is there any way that a member, Moderator or Dev can indicate what the process is, and how this can be fulfilled? I express all gratitude for any directions that can be offered. All best.
Do you mean that you lost the email with your backerkit link?

Use this link to recover your BackerKit account: https://battletech.backerkit.com/

I'm having trouble with BackerKit - what do I do?
Just email info@hbs-studios.com and HBS will help you out.

The last official patch for the game broke a few things.

1. My key commands keep resetting Rotate Camera Right to Q and Rotate Camera Left to E by default, when the reverse configuration is obviously the correct one.
  2. The alternative colors for direct and indirect firing lines keep resetting to the old red lines, despite my saving this preference.
  3. The culturals on/of switch in video settings for urban map (the one that turns the cars and truck on or off) keeps resetting to on (my PC is less than optimal specs for the game, and I often turn off the background vehicles, as it makes a big difference in map performance for me).

Are these issues going to be addressed? Sorry guys...the last update was nice, but you broke a few things. Not being able to save options doesn't render the game unplayable, but having to reset them with each session is a real PITA...

The last official patch for the game broke a few things.

1. My key commands keep resetting Rotate Camera Right to Q and Rotate Camera Left to E by default, when the reverse configuration is obviously the correct one.
  2. The alternative colors for direct and indirect firing lines keep resetting to the old red lines, despite my saving this preference.
  3. The culturals on/of switch in video settings for urban map (the one that turns the cars and truck on or off) keeps resetting to on (my PC is less than optimal specs for the game, and I often turn off the background vehicles, as it makes a big difference in map performance for me).

Are these issues going to be addressed? Sorry guys...the last update was nice, but you broke a few things. Not being able to save options doesn't render the game unplayable, but having to reset them with each session is a real PITA...
Greetings,

As above;

How to: Tech Support/ Bug report

Thank you.

Same question

Please reply -_-
MechWarriors,

Let's keep this thread on-topic, please. This is not a bug-report thread, nor is it a thread for wild speculations about some nebulous added telemetry. The user posting about that refuses to switch to Steam's new UI and can therefore no longer run the game in Steam. That is that poster's prerogative, but it needn't be delved into further.